Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:04:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2021. Just a load of balls.

Started by Deanjam, January 18, 2021, 04:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

"Murray defied the odds yet again" says the BBC. By labouring to scrape a win over the world No. 151. Christ.

Cuellar

chveik

man i love ostapenko, hope she goes far

chveik

selectivememory

Both seem incapable of holding serve now. Would be typical of her to go out early after getting my hopes up with her Eastbourne title.

selectivememory

lol 6-6 in the final set, and both have held serve only once.

Deanjam

Looking forward to Fed/Gasquet. Two old men playing pretty tennis.

chveik

BlodwynPig

When Mladenovic/Babos are losing in the last 64 of the women's doubles, you know French tennis is as good as finished.

bgmnts

Gasquet could still beat Federer though lol

BlodwynPig

BBC 1 and BBC 2 simulcasting Federer Gasquet game. What a good use of license payer's money

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on July 01, 2021, 05:37:54 PM
Gasquet could still beat Federer though lol

Was Ann Jones a Welsh player?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Norriecore

Didn't realise he was seeded for Wimbledon. Good lad.

Deanjam

Gasquet/Federer was a fun match. Fed looked better in sets 2 & 3 than he's done yet on his comeback. Maybe playing himself into some good form.

Deanjam

I know nothing about this Emma Raducanu, but she'll make a lot of money if she's even a bit good.

Catalogue of ills

I enjoyed Auger-Aliassime vs Ymer a lot, although I got very frustrated with Ymer towards the end when he decided he could no longer be arsed. If he was my lad, I'd be yelling at him TURN UP FOR FUCKS SAKE YOU'RE AT WIMBLEDON, STOP SLOUCHING CUNT. This is why all my children are in care.

Cuellar

Not sure who the North American banter merchant is commentating on the Tiafoe/Khachanov game but he just said that being at a half full Wimbledon is more like 'being in Leicester than Manhattan'

Poobum

This Mugsy - Jabeur match is a cracker. Feels like it's on Jabeur's racket, very Ostapenko feel to her.

Cuellar

Yeah Jabeur playing a blinder. Looks simultaneously knackered and well up for it.

Cuellar

rjd2

Quote from: Cuellar on July 02, 2021, 04:02:31 PM
Jabeur just threw up!

She's awesome isn't she?

Am off Monday, think I will make sure to watch her v Swiatek which could be a lovely game .

Cuellar

She was great.

I really really want Djokovic to fail. But he won't, will he.

BlodwynPig

chveik

BlodwynPig

rjd2

Quote from: Cuellar on July 02, 2021, 05:05:40 PM
She was great.

I really really want Djokovic to fail. But he won't, will he.

Its a kind draw to say the least.

Garin
Rublev
Shapo/Korda/Khach'Agut
Zverev/Federer/Berrettini/Medvedev

Maybe Rublev will finally announce himself? He's been threatening to for ages.

I'd assume whoever of those probable 4 who get to the final will be playing at a level to make a final v Novak competitive but after Novak murdering Med at Australia not confident.

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: rjd2 on July 02, 2021, 05:19:39 PM
Its a kind draw to say the least.

Garin
Rublev
Shapo/Korda/Khach'Agut
Zverev/Federer/Berrettini/Medvedev

Maybe Rublev will finally announce himself? He's been threatening to for ages.

I'd assume whoever of those probable 4 who get to the final will be playing at a level to make a final v Novak competitive but after Novak murdering Med at Australia not confident.

Having watched Rublev / Fognini earlier, I wouldn't hold out much hope for Rublev stopping Djokovic. It was a reasonably comfortable win, but Fognini was trying some outrageous shots. When they worked they were incredible, but at least an equal amount just skanged off the frame into the crowd or missed the line by metres, he was totally inconsistent. It's a shame, because I can't stand Djokovic either. You only have to look at him to know the cunt wears a bumbag.

rjd2

That's a shame, maybe Garin can produce something? Highly unlikely as this isn't his main surface but would be nice to see Novak slightly stretched before a probable semi final.

Korda has a lovely game, only reason for anyone to cheer on Evans is if they are related to him or have a bet on him.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on July 02, 2021, 05:12:09 PM
of course not

Any articles (French or English) discussing the state of French tennis. "French tennis is shit" returns nothing on google.

chveik

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 02, 2021, 06:21:33 PM
Any articles (French or English) discussing the state of French tennis. "French tennis is shit" returns nothing on google.

i can't find anything that isn't a superficial diagnostic. sorry

maybe this, if you can get past the paywall

https://www.liberation.fr/sports/tennis/formation-elitiste-creux-entre-generations-les-raisons-de-la-berezina-du-tennis-francais-20210605_7CC63YZRVFELRAOYMFUW6S6IEU/