Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:55:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: Jittlebags on October 06, 2021, 02:38:19 PM
They did have egg and chips flavour as well, but that sounded wrong.

I mean if the crisps you're selling intentionally reek of open sewers at least have the gumption to label them as such with gusto

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The problem with gusto is it isn't scaleable.

Blumf

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 20, 2021, 07:41:43 PM
I noticed that Walkers had some new flavours on promotion, in place of the bland Hot Dog and Chicken Tikka ones promoted during the football.

I didn't see the Madras, sadly, will need to keep an eye out, so got the Thai Green Chilli ones and they're almost nice, but a bit unusual, they taste quite creamy, there's a hint of something curry like and a bit of chicken crisp flavouring. Would eat again.

Just tried the Thai Green Curry flavour. It's alright, I suppose.

Smells about right, but the flavour isn't as comprehensive as you'd want, misses out on some of the tangier flavours you'd get in green curry. Don't hate it, but won't miss it when it goes.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What I don't get is why the limited edition Walkers are so weak lemon drink and milquetoast almost every time. Surely the whole point is you ramp up the flavour when doing samples then dilute it to weak unsatisfying piss gradually. Surely they could learn from Drugs?

Replies From View

I just think they want people who haven't bought crisps for ages to buy at least 4 more packets of crisps before they die

Replies From View

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 06, 2021, 04:47:17 PM
The problem with gusto is it isn't scaleable.

you can scalp somebody with gusto, though.  makes you think

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Replies From View on October 06, 2021, 05:32:53 PM
you can scalp somebody with gusto, though.  makes you think

This was ineffective after my last scalping.

Malcy

I scoffed all the available packetsThe Co-Op has sold out of the Hairy Bikers crisps. I was quite glad then noticed they had started doing the Fish & Chips Walkers so been pummelling them instead because I could only get them miles away the last time. Tartare Sauce & Lemon would be a better name but they're really nice.

mothman

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 06, 2021, 05:22:29 PM
What I don't get is why the limited edition Walkers are so weak lemon drink and milquetoast almost every time. Surely the whole point is you ramp up the flavour when doing samples then dilute it to weak unsatisfying piss gradually. Surely they could learn from Drugs?

See also literally every "special edition" burger that McDonalds do occasionally. The " tastes of America" ones they do (not sure if that's what they're called). Tried one or two on occasion but firmly resolved never to again no matter how tempting they sound, because they're always shite. And basically the same, just some slight variation in type of bun or sauce or cheese. Often they profess to be customer creations - if so then they obviously favour customers with a staggering lack of imagination.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Walkers probably even have a wider audience than the feckless petty bourgeoisie morons, capitalism cosplay newly hatched urbans and desperate culturally hemmed in working class audience McDonald's attracts. They already have a good presence on the shelves so even less to lose by going bezerker on these limmo dishuns.

amateur

Quote from: mothman on October 06, 2021, 06:31:39 PM

See also literally every "special edition" burger that McDonalds do occasionally. The " tastes of America" ones they do (not sure if that's what they're called). Tried one or two on occasion but firmly resolved never to again no matter how tempting they sound, because they're always shite. And basically the same, just some slight variation in type of bun or sauce or cheese. Often they profess to be customer creations - if so then they obviously favour customers with a staggering lack of imagination.

A never-ending parade of burgers with bacon and cheese. Once you've seen it it's impossible to miss.

Even more baffling because bacon has no place in a burger and never will.

Cold Meat Platter

I'm intrigued by these 'American style' hamburgers.

Replies From View

hamburgers have no place in america, the land of eating old bits of copper off the statue of liberty

buzby

Opened a bag of Tayto (NI) Craft Dry Aged Irish Beef & Peppercorn flavour last night (150g, 99p at Home & Bargain a few weeks ago):

Very nice, satisfying beefy flavour with just the right amount of pepper to not be overpowering. Nice crunch to them too, and they are all satisfyingly irregular (they have almost all folded over during the frying process, which I presume is due to a combination of oil temperature and moisture in the potato). It was all I could do to stop myself from eating the whole bag.

amateur

I'm going to level with you buzby, I would eat the fuck out of those.

Replies From View

Thanks for explaining you OPENED the packet up before you ate them

buzby

Quote from: Replies From View on October 07, 2021, 11:38:39 AM
Thanks for explaining you OPENED the packet up before you ate them
Given my overbite I'd never be able to get through the packet. Also, I did not eat the whole packet, they will be consumed over the next week or so.

Icehaven

A week? Won't they go soft? I had a packet of Sainsbury's fancy salt and vinegar last week and ate about 2/3rds one day, and by the next day they'd started losing their crisp so I had to finish them off.

Replies From View

Quote from: buzby on October 07, 2021, 11:47:23 AM
Given my overbite I'd never be able to get through the packet. Also, I did not eat the whole packet, they will be consumed over the next week or so.

do you love eating stale things

I bet you're the one who rolled out all the information in court on the day Jaffa cakes were officially defined as cakes.  And you relished ingesting each and every stale piece of confectionary they parked before you.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Replies From View on October 07, 2021, 12:11:37 PM

Mentioned before but certain crisps are better stale.  Onions Rings being the obvious on.

buzby

Quote from: icehaven on October 07, 2021, 12:10:07 PM
A week? Won't they go soft? I had a packet of Sainsbury's fancy salt and vinegar last week and ate about 2/3rds one day, and by the next day they'd started losing their crisp so I had to finish them off.
Properly resealed (squeeze the air out, fold over the open end a few times down to the remaining contents, clamp with a bulldog clip) they will stay crunchy for well over a week.

Quote from: Replies From View on October 07, 2021, 12:11:37 PM
See my earlier post about my last multipack of Brannigans. BBE of 29/12/20 but were still in perfect condition when eaten last month.

Icehaven

My Sainsbury's ones were well rolled up but still going off the boil less than 24 hours after I opened them. Maybe it's a Sainsbury's thing, their fruit and veg doesn't last 5 minutes either.

amateur

Please keep talk of anything nutritious out of this thread.

Glebe

Snapped in Dealz yesterday. Beat that!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Replies From View

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Glebe

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 07, 2021, 09:20:17 PMBeat what?

Never mind the price, I was just impressed by all those family packs of Space Raiders! There's enough there to see you through Halloween... few cans of Stella, Halloween franchise marathon, sorted!

Icehaven

Quote from: amateur on October 07, 2021, 02:24:16 PM
Please keep talk of anything nutritious out of this thread.

It's OK, I only get salt and vinegar or ready salted fruit and veg

eagle_bearer

I'm going to be pelted with rotten eggs and tomatoes for this, but Greggs mature cheddar and onion hand cooked crisps are tasty. Yes, that's right, Greggs own brand crisps are tasty. Good thickness, satisfying crunch, very cheesy. Head to your local Greggs tomorrow and pick up a packet.