Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:16:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Guppy

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 27, 2022, 02:13:28 PMLalo also had a meeting with Gus where he had a tour of the site, with Gus telling him it was going to be a chiller room for chickens. Lalo wasn't convinced and his suspicions that it was something not so innocuous were confirmed when he got to speak to Ziegler.
Wasn't it a fake site too? They had the German boys building a decoy structure at the chicken farm.

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 27, 2022, 02:13:28 PMCan someone please explain something for me? What does Lalo want with Kim and Jimmy? Why are they next in the chain? How could they provide any proof that Gus was responsible for the hit on his compound?
My guess is he'll use Jimmy to get to Mike, to get to Gus. But I don't know how.

I don't think he has a use for Kim, but killing her might make Jimmy uncooperative.

gmoney

Quote from: Hat FM on May 27, 2022, 02:19:33 PMthanks guys. my recall for detail on this show is really bad for some reason.

Mine too. I watch and enjoy every series, and by the time the next one rolls around I haven't got a clue what happened in the last one.

notjosh

I tried the can thing at some work drinks yesterday and can report that it was a great success, leaving everyone hugely impressed. Pretty sure I'm gonna be looking at a big promotion and maybe one of those corner offices everyone goes on about when I go in on Monday.

The Guppy

Mobbd

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 25, 2022, 11:21:48 AMAlso Howard calling Kim and Jimmy sociopaths

After whatever happens next, I think that line is going to haunt Kim and she'll leave Jimmy. I don't think they'll kill her off. I think she'll just get the fuck out of there and what HH said here will be the catalyst.

The gaslighting of HH was fucking masterful. Enjoyed every last drop. I don't need to agree with Jimmy's actions just as I didn't need to agree with those of Walter White; I just loved to see Ken Doll Howard being fed his own lunch every week even if he's not the villain. I loved the insanening of Hank Schrader in just the same way. I am probably a sociopath too. Oh well. *smokes fag*

The Guppy

They can't kill Kim off because then the future scenes have no stakes. Jimmy is a dickhead and it's hard to really care if he gets caught or killed. He needs an emotional connection with someone, and there's only Kim left.

Mobbd

Quote from: The Guppy on May 27, 2022, 03:18:32 PMThey can't kill Kim off because then the future scenes have no stakes. Jimmy is a dickhead and it's hard to really care if he gets caught or killed. He needs an emotional connection with someone, and there's only Kim left.

Maybe! I always read those scenes as Jimmy just trying to stay alive because there's really no alternative.

Hey, they could actually make a Jimmy McGill: The Cinnabun Years show next. Bob will age into the new character perfectly. You may mock but it would be better than Slippin Jimmy, which obviously should not exist and I for one will not Google that again.

The Guppy

Quote from: Mobbd on May 27, 2022, 03:21:33 PMMaybe! I always read those scenes as Jimmy just trying to stay alive because there's really no alternative.
That was enough when Jimmy was still likeable. He's going full Saul Goodman before the end and that cunt needs dead.

Blue Jam

JamesTC

The music on that teaser makes the think of Everywhere at the End of Time.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Pimhole on May 26, 2022, 09:52:05 PMIs no one going to mention the way Americans pronounce "centrifugal"?

Spoiler alert
"Buoy"
[close]

SEE LAHN TRO is how I say it

Lost Oliver

Quote from: JamesTC on May 27, 2022, 05:55:03 PMThe music on that teaser makes the think of Everywhere at the End of Time.

Great shout. What an album.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 27, 2022, 02:13:28 PMCan someone please explain something for me? What does Lalo want with Kim and Jimmy? Why are they next in the chain? How could they provide any proof that Gus was responsible for the hit on his compound?

Isn't Lalo's connection to Jimmy through Nacho? So he thinks Jimmy is suspect beacause of Nacho and doesn't suspect a Saul-Gus-Mike connection?

I also forgot most of the slow methodical story buildup.

Dex Sawash

NoSleep

Quote from: notjosh on May 27, 2022, 02:51:07 PMI tried the can thing at some work drinks yesterday and can report that it was a great success, leaving everyone hugely impressed. Pretty sure I'm gonna be looking at a big promotion and maybe one of those corner offices everyone goes on about when I go in on Monday.

The sad takeaway from that is that nobody else at your work watches the best thing that TV has to offer at the moment.

Frances Found

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 27, 2022, 05:13:52 PMAnother little non-spoilery teaser for season 6 part 2:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BetterCallSaul/status/1529920558028181532

Wonder what that last outfit is.
Spoiler alert
prison jumpsuit? Butlins redcoat?
[close]

Old Thrashbarg

As mentioned above, Lalo knows Jimmy through Nacho. So he could either suspect some knowledge/involvement from Jimmy, or, if he's now certain that Nacho was working for Gus/Mike, he might suspect Jimmy knows them as well.

He can also be reasonably certain that Jimmy and Kim won't go to the authorities, so he can openly a) be alive and b) get them to do whatever he needs. So that could well play into it too.

phantom_power

Shamelessly copied from the wikipedia thread:

NoSleep

Quote from: Frances Found on May 27, 2022, 06:20:08 PMWonder what that last outfit is.
Spoiler alert
prison jumpsuit? Butlins redcoat?
[close]

Cinnabon Gene's uniform?

Frances Found

Quote from: NoSleep on May 27, 2022, 06:46:58 PMCinnabon Gene's uniform?

Sorry, I meant the one which is just removed from the hanger before we can see it.

JamesTC

Yeah, the insinuation is that we are about to see the final step of his life in the final six episodes. What comes after Gene.

NoSleep

As I recall, isn't Cinnabon Gene situated in the area that Kim grew up in?

druss

I still don't understand why the can thing hasn't been common knowledge before now and can only conclude that I am living in a simulation.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: NoSleep on May 27, 2022, 07:21:35 PMAs I recall, isn't Cinnabon Gene situated in the area that Kim grew up in?

Well, it's Nebraska. It's rather big though.

Blue Jam

Kim grew up in "a small town on the Kansas-Nebraska border". Omaha is on the Iowa-Nebraska border. Gene does carry a Kansas City Royals lunch bag though, and we know that's Kim's team:

Dex Sawash

Is Kansas City even in Kansas? I reckon @Ferris (wheelbueler) knows

Ferris

No, it's in Missouri. I think some of the city limits extend into the next county and into Kansas (so there is some Kansas City actually in Kansas) but it's a common misnomer because it isn't really. That nice mr trump made that mistake a few years ago but with all his gaffs (remember he tried to buy Greenland?!) who even remembers these minor ones.

The Kansas City royals are based there, for whatever that's worth. They knocked out the best Jays team for a generation back in 2015 via some Bartman-esque cheating involving a bearded child. All very surreal and I'm certainly not bitter. They were still a likeable team (Cain, Merriweather, Morales) so there you go.

I've never been summoned to a thread before, how exciting!

Blue Jam

Ferris

Just saw @Blue Jam's post about the royals - that part of the mid west is very poorly served for Major League Baseball. The royals have free reign for several states basically until you get to Colorado going west and Ohio north/east. I know this because I briefly dated a girl from Lincoln, NE, and also because I'm a baseball nerd but the first explanation makes me seem more debonair than I actually am.

stonkers

There's also a Kansas City in Oregon, which is neither a city nor in Kansas.