Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,187
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:49:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 28, 2021, 09:38:15 PM
Yes, I don't usually feel this way about celebrities but BCS is also my favourite show ever and his performance is so utterly mesmerising in it. Undone really moved me as well (and if you haven't seen it- jeez, don't try watching it right now). Love Mr. Show too, only a couple of weeks ago The Hated Milk Machine had me helpless with laughter. I also just love his comedy geekery and it's so nice the way he likes to take on comedy protégés- didn't our own Noodle Lizard say he went "above and beyond" when he asked him for some writing advice?

This is just horrible horrible news. I really hope there's some better news soon.

I've always liked how very often, when watching some new comedy/sketch show from a rising comedian or group, he will inevitably pop up, in a way that always feels like genuine support for "young" blood in the industry.

sevendaughters

Mobius

Yeah it's great that no matter how famous and popular he gets he'll do little bits on Comedy Bang Bang, Birthday Boys, I Think You Should Leave.

He just seems like the nicest guy, genuinely never heard a bad word about him.

Really hope he's okay.

Edit ^ YAY at the above posts

selectivememory

Thank fuck for that.

Yeah, I've been refreshing Twitter all day as well. Hope he's back on his feet soon, but just happy to hear he's alive to be honest.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Relief.

Someone needs to wake Blue Jam to tell her.

lankyguy95

Yeah that was more or less the best we could've hoped for given how long it took for there to be any update.

jobotic

Thank fuck for that.

As I said elsewhere this weekend will be the fifth year anniversary of one of my closest friends collapsing and dying of a sudden heart attack in his fifties. Really was scared for Bob there.

Blue Jam

imitationleather

buttgammon

JamesTC

Hearing the doctors have diagnosed him with electromagnetic hypersensitivity.

But seriously, it is great news he is going to be okay. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

lankyguy95

Anyway back to work tomorrow, Bob. Jonathan Banks may well have even less time than you.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 29, 2021, 12:12:33 AM
Hello.

I can sleep now, cheers.

Can't believe you're wearing Kim Wexler pyjamas.

Custard

druss

Good news to wake up to. Fuck the show for the time being, just get better and rest.

The Mollusk

First thing I checked waking up just now. Immensely relieved.

Custard

A good thing to come out of all this will be him seeing just how well loved he is. Hugely deserved

"Bob Odenkirk's son's tweeted that he's going to be ok" was the first thing my wife said to me when I woke up this morning. A massive relief that he's alive.

The show simply doesn't matter any more. If it ends now then so be it.

Dirty Boy

Glad he's on the mend!

I found the first couple of seasons a bit dull (more so in the second), but since s3 i've been riveted, so looking forward to this whenever it lands.

Led Souptin

Amazing news! last night was very stressful, massive relief this morning.

Not that it really matters right now but I wonder if they'll split the next season into two parts now that production has halted.

Very much looking forward to Odenkirk and Cross Gone Fishing

Ja'moke

Quote from: Led Souptin on July 29, 2021, 10:50:44 AM

That actually sounds great.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on July 29, 2021, 09:24:09 AM
The show simply doesn't matter any more. If it ends now then so be it.

"The history books will have to be rewritten."

"What will they say?"

"They'll simply say 'Odenkirk had a heart scare'. The rest will be a footnote."

Dex Sawash

Waiting for an all clear for

Better call
Spoiler alert
(for) Saul(vent) to clean up any mess
[close]

Blue Jam

Not that it really matters right now but I wonder if they'll split the next season into two parts now that production has halted.

They've been seen filming at ABQ's Cottonwood Mall, which is where the Cinnabon Gene bits are filmed, so maybe that part of the story is done. Leaks have also shown Jimmy
Spoiler alert
looking more like Saul than ever, the hair in particular
[close]
so maybe they're already  pretty close to reaching the BrBa timeline.

Personally I'm wondering if a 13 episode run seems a bit ambitious now, especially with all the digital de-ageing it'll need. Maybe it'll be cut down to the usual 10, or maybe even 7? I imagine there will be some hasty rewriting going on in any case. Fewer desert scenes, fewer of Jimmy's angry outbursts, no herbal cigarettes? We're getting to the point where Saul starts delegating all the dirty work to Mike and Huell and Kuby, and the Saul of BrBa doesn't smoke, so it wouldn't be too jarring. As much as I love "Bagman" I think I'd rather see Jimmy on light photocopying duties (and Mike on gardening duty with Kaylee) this season.

I guess Nobody 2 is also a write-off.

Ha! Bob Mortimer has an actual law degree (that isn't from The University of American Samoa), it's been good to note that my two favourite comedic/legal Bobs are doing well.

JamesTC

They were over half way through the season with less than 6 episodes left to record. Bob will hopefully make a full recovery in the next few months and they'll pick up where they left off. Wouldn't be surprised if they show the first six or seven as one run and then the next later in the year or start of the next.

Blue Jam

I'm thinking more of the digital de-ageing here, for Mike and Gus as well as Jimmy. Personally I can suspend my disbelief on that front but I know some viewers struggle, and presumably it's a big task for the editors.

I agree that a two-parter would be a nice way to go, broadcast 6A while 6B is being filmed so they don't keep us waiting. Still, it's not the important thing now, as others have said it's all about Bob making a good recovery.

non capisco

Thank fuck. Realised yesterday when news didn't seem great just how gutted I'd have been if he'd have carked it.