Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:50:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More info about GB News shows.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, March 10, 2021, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

jobotic

They going to discuss anything other than footballers kneeling and racist cricketers? (Laurence) Fox News

Cunts

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

WOW A WHOLE FIVE PEOPLE OF COLOUR sandwiched in between little white blonde girls, union jacks, a bulldog and some saintly old (white) people

paruses

This tweet reply was behind a sensitive content warning. Assume the AI would do badly in a Rorshach test

https://twitter.com/thebakeryunit/status/1402264763456016390?s=20

Further down i see Michelle Apprentice on a publicity shot behind Weetabix head. Is that her thing? An acceptabke Katie Hopkins?

Fambo Number Mive

Will Julia H-B join GB News? Looking at what she tweets, she seems like she'd fit in there well.

steveh

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 13, 2021, 11:25:46 AM
Will Julia H-B join GB News? Looking at what she tweets, she seems like she'd fit in there well.

She's part of the Murdoch mob so on TalkRadio. GB News are more the Telegraph extended family.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 13, 2021, 09:12:43 AM
https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1402264636267892745?s=19

See, diversity. All is welcome at GB News.
that looks like they just stuck a bunch of photos into a movie maker and set it to default Ken Burns. Some of them arent even full frame

mobias

Quote from: paruses on June 13, 2021, 11:22:46 AM

Further down i see Michelle Apprentice on a publicity shot behind Weetabix head. Is that her thing? An acceptabke Katie Hopkins?

Sort of. She's very pro brexit and a tory so she'll fit right in. Apparently she was one of the ones complaining about how Neil was behaving on set, not sure how much truth there was to any of it though.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: paruses on June 13, 2021, 11:22:46 AM
This tweet reply was behind a sensitive content warning. Assume the AI would do badly in a Rorshach test

https://twitter.com/thebakeryunit/status/1402264763456016390?s=20
More Tweets

Queen-wanking

Orange bastards

Orange bastards

Fair and balanced reporting

Some rando and his mates

Orange bastard

Orange bastard

mobias

Jesus, it looks even worse than I thought.

Kankurette

Debate? You mean like one-sided debates where anyone remotely liberal is shouted down?

mobias

This is going to absolutely tank isn't it? Its set up entirely to appeal to a demographic that isn't nearly as big as brillo pad a co think it to be.

thenoise

Fair debate between one man sitting behind a big desk like a big headmaster and a long haired scruff sitting in a child's chair with his back to the camera. I wonder which one we are supposed to agree with?

pigamus

Quote from: mobias on June 13, 2021, 08:26:41 PM
This is going to absolutely tank isn't it? Its set up entirely to appeal to a demographic that isn't nearly as big as brillo pad a co think it to be.

It might tank because it's shit, but it's a bit wishful thinking to say the demographic isn't there.

buttgammon

Quote"Welcome to GB News: news, opinion and debate for all the United Kingdom"

As someone who lives in Ireland, I'm duty-bound to point out that Great Britain and the UK aren't the same thing.

Quote from: thenoise on June 13, 2021, 08:58:42 PM
Fair debate between one man sitting behind a big desk like a big headmaster and a long haired scruff sitting in a child's chair with his back to the camera. I wonder which one we are supposed to agree with?

Is the long haired scruff not the increasingly barmy and right-wing TV archaeologist/historian and lockdown sceptic Neil Oliver?

If so, the only debate was probably how big a Union Jack every building in the UK should be flying.

idunnosomename

lmao youtubers have better sets than that

mobias

Quote from: pigamus on June 13, 2021, 09:03:19 PM
It might tank because it's shit, but it's a bit wishful thinking to say the demographic isn't there.

I'm not saying its not there but I'm saying its possible its not there in the numbers to sustain what I'm guessing is going to be quite an expensive channel to run. It'll have its hardcore libertarian, anti snowflake, anti woke audience for sure. I just have my doubts that audience is quite as big as brillo and co hope it is.

JamesTC

Why are they broadcasting from Doctor Who Season 18?

idunnosomename

sure many of you know this ever-interesting glutton for punishment but worth looking at his bit by bit on this. usual grifting lefty-identifying chew-toys popping up

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1404144841831890953

An tSaoi

The set looks like a shipping container.

Have they tried to go for a sleek, minimalist, night-mode modern style? And if so, why?

They should have gone old school. Leather wingbacks and a globe drinks cabinet. Old naval maps on the wall. Drawing room in a manor house vibe.

That desk is just asking for a 'medium fry-up man' photoshop.

An tSaoi

I like the large print ticker tape at the bottom. A wise move considering the audience.

Edit: Do you even call those scrolling news things ticker tapes? Now I'm the old man!

mobias

Quote from: An tSaoi on June 13, 2021, 09:27:51 PM
The set looks like a shipping container.

Brillo is broadcasting GB News from his comfy home in the South of France apparently so presumably its something knocked up in his back yard. 

An tSaoi

France? The turncoat.

In North Korea, anyone who leaves the country is considered a traitor. Perhaps Brexit Britain can adopt the same policy.

Butchers Blind

Is it 24hr or do they power down at midnight to save on costs?

idunnosomename

neil looks like he's going to go scanners. keep on that PVR record

Chairman Yang

Maybe tomorrow someone will have bought a second lamp.

imitationleather

Watching a replay of the launch.

Jesus this opening speech by Brillo goes on a bit doesn't it?