Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:36:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22: pre-seasons in the abyss

Started by sevendaughters, June 08, 2021, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badaids

Quote from: Kankurette on September 21, 2021, 09:52:31 PM
That's only the three cuts to my arm then. Progress, I guess.

Don't do that, those clueless oafs aren't worth it.

Kankurette

Hence the edit. I'm just so fucking sick and tired of it. How do you stop caring about football? I've tried and tried and I don't even know how.

JamesTC

The bad times hopefully make the good times all the better. After a bad result, just look ahead for the good times that will hopefully come.

Kankurette

Thanks for not being a cunt and laughing at me. I genuinely do appreciate that.

The depressing thing is, I thought I was past self-harming when Everton lose since I didn't do it last weekend, and then tonight happened.

JamesTC

Quote from: Kankurette on September 21, 2021, 09:59:03 PM
The depressing thing is, I thought I was past self-harming when Everton lose since I didn't do it last weekend, and then tonight happened.

It is the Kinder Egg Cup. You've still started the season well and only had one bad result in the league which was down to injuries. Keep your head up.

badaids

Quote from: Kankurette on September 21, 2021, 09:59:03 PM
Thanks for not being a cunt and laughing at me. I genuinely do appreciate that.

Like Has been said. The start to the season has been okay, relatively and who gives a toss about the Carabao. Getting in a state over these players who in the main are dinnae gie a shite cowards is not worth it. Draw a picture of Tosuns face on orange and then stamp on it instead.

bgmnts

Once you realise you are just watching 22 grossly overpaid twats run around, fall on the floor playacting they were hurt and sometimes kicking a ball, it becomes very easy to detach yourself from caring about football.

For me anyway, thankfully.

chveik

please don't harm yourself for fucking football. just find a team that's doing worse and revel in their misery

jamiefairlie

Quote from: bgmnts on September 22, 2021, 12:59:28 AM
Once you realise you are just watching 22 grossly overpaid twats run around, fall on the floor playacting they were hurt and sometimes kicking a ball, it becomes very easy to detach yourself from caring about football.

For me anyway, thankfully.

Yeah, it comes with age, you realise they're all cunts and seasons come and go faster and faster and even world cups seem to be every year. They used to be a real events but now I can barely remember the 21st century ones.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quoteplease don't harm yourself for fucking football.

Seconded, thirded, a millionthed. If you pick Everton for this dynamic you're going to end up in hospital.

Bernice

Yeah, please don't hurt yourself Kank. Everton will have the same season they always have: good performances bringing the joy and optimism, inexplicable shite making you question why you bother. Spoilers: we finish between 7th and 11th, dropping out of domestic competitions sometime before the semis. It was ever this, it will be ever thus.

"Are Everton any good?" and "Are Everton total shit, then?" are two parts of a zen koan, a study in duality and oneness. Individual results are meaningless to the whole.

king_tubby

Head Gardener

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteMorris told me exclusively on Sunday that there is a failure of profit and sustainability rules in the recalculated documents following the amortisation saga, which in turn could lead to more points being taken off.

Yikes.

If there aren't any more points reductions and they find a buyer (surely they will) I still fancy Derby to stay up. They're hardly miles behind the 5 teams above them even with the points knocked off and have a whole season to claw it back.

JamesTC

That panther looks shit. Palace have an actual fucking Eagle. West Brom have an actual boiler walking around. Partick Thistle have the actual sun pulled down from the heavens to support the team on the sidelines.

Inspector Norse

Mixed-reality you what mate

Looks about as groundbreaking as Atmosfear

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 22, 2021, 04:47:19 PM
Yikes.

If there aren't any more points reductions and they find a buyer (surely they will) I still fancy Derby to stay up. They're hardly miles behind the 5 teams above them even with the points knocked off and have a whole season to claw it back.

You hate to see the lads' heads drop when they go 1-0 down.

Head Gardener

my teen just showed me that you can make anything appear on your phone in about 5 seconds then he showed me penguins in my front room, so I'm not so impressed with a prancing panther now. However I'm quite looking forward to the West Brom mascot doing it's erm, thing

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 22, 2021, 04:47:19 PM
Yikes.

There'll be at least another 9 points deducted.

WhoMe

Currently smashing Wolves second string. Spurs are BACK.

JamesTC

Quote from: Head Gardener on September 22, 2021, 06:32:49 PM
my teen just showed me that you can make anything appear on your phone in about 5 seconds then he showed me penguins in my front room, so I'm not so impressed with a prancing panther now. However I'm quite looking forward to the West Brom mascot doing it's erm, thing

The way energy prices are rising, AR boilers are probably a more realistic proposition for our future homes than real ones.

Kankurette

The article about Koeman on the BBC is giving me schadenfreude. Also Rodriguez has gone to Qatar. So much for him following Ancelotti.
Quote from: JamesTC on September 22, 2021, 04:59:23 PM
That panther looks shit. Palace have an actual fucking Eagle. West Brom have an actual boiler walking around. Partick Thistle have the actual sun pulled down from the heavens to support the team on the sidelines.
Cambridge have a skip. No offence to Marvin the Moose, but the skip is the real mascot. It just needs a pair of googly eyes stuck to it.

That hammer thing that West Ham have is surprisingly cute, as is Mighty Red even though I keep thinking he's a lobster.

Mobius

Mobius

Hope it goes to pelanties.

The Arsenal game isn't on telly, anywhere in the world. Watching a live stream on twitter, just some bloke in the stands with his phone.

TrenterPercenter

Chelsea have had to bring Lukkaku on against Villa's second team.  Lols.

TrenterPercenter

Ha! Well that's throughly pissed off Chelsea - making them play ET with there star striker on and a pram game in 3 days.

EDIT: Ignore me I'm an idiot didn't realise it was straight to pens