Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:39:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22: pre-seasons in the abyss

Started by sevendaughters, June 08, 2021, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Chollis on November 03, 2021, 08:40:03 PM
Atletico game is great. Ref just straight redding people for dissent

V. strange performance. Let's them away with 2 or 3 blatant yellows in the first 20 minutes, then goes to book Felipe, who whines about it and gets cunted straight off the pitch. Then he books half the Athletico team for crying about it.

Maybe if he'd laid down the law early and shown a yellow to Koke or Felix early on for cynically stopping counter-attacks, like he's supposed to, he wouldn't have found himself with an Athleti player doing a Surprised Pikachu Face when he finally does punish a foul properly.

It is still funny, mind.

Quote from: bgmnts on November 03, 2021, 08:53:17 PM
Radio is insistent that Felipe was straight redded for the cynical challenge itself. Which would be interesting if true, as you rarely see that.

Ref's off his meds if he pulled a straight red just for the challenge. I have to assume Felipe's said something stupid before the ref's even got the yellow out so the ref's decided to go straight red rather than book him for the challenge and then again for mouthing off.

Chollis

Think I agree with PETER WALTON that the challenge was a very orange yellow and he just turned it red by ignoring 3 calls from the ref to come over after the challenge

bgmnts

Blackburn getting a pasting by Fulham. Just the 5-0 so far.

Osmium

Quote from: Chollis on November 03, 2021, 08:40:03 PM
Atletico game is great. Ref just straight redding people for dissent
QuoteDanny Desmond Makkelie is a Dutch professional football referee. Besides refereeing he works as a police inspector...

It showed. Boy was a total bellend.

Kankurette

Martinez now linked with Newcastle. Presumably because Graeme Jones.

chveik

hopefully they won't go after Favre, he could do a great job there

Kankurette

Why the shit would Martinez want to manage Newcastle anyway? He's got a pretty cushy job.

boki

It really takes something for an English managerial job to be this much of a poisoned chalice.  Long may it continue.

monkfromhavana

I'd piss my pants if the first signing made by the ISIS-supporting mega rich overlords was getting Andy Carroll back in.

Twonty Gostelow

According to Mirror Sport and probably others it was a proposed clause that Emery be sacked if they were relegated that put the willies up him.
https://www.football365.com/news/emery-furious-villarreal-break-clause-newcastle-brief-excellent-howe-interview

Seems unlikely that was the reason, but who knows.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Surely that would make Emery keener to sign? Unless he was dying to manage a Championship club.

boki

Probably worried that he'd have to collect his cards from the embassy.

Kankurette

I have to admit, one advantage of Unai Emery not managing Newcastle means we won't get loads of people going "lol he says 'good ebening' lol".

Captain Z

Realistically Conte won't have changed things overnight, but I won't accept anything less than 10-0 to Spurs.

bgmnts

Just noticed that poor Everton are going to be the sacrificial lambs for the glorious return of Conte in the Premier league, so be prepared Kankurette!

Kankurette

Captain Z

The stoppable force meets the moveable object.

On the basis of the opening 10 minutes I would now settle for a 1-0 Kane penalty win.

Kankurette

Mobius

fuck sake spurs aren't shit anymore, i was enjoying that

Mobius

chveik

Kankurette

imitationleather

peanutbutter

Assume Emery was just reminded how horrific England's media is and realised it wasn't worth the grief.

Kankurette

imitationleather

Three red cards in this Spurs game, including the Vitesse goalie.

Captain Z

Can't help thinking we'd have been better off with Kane on the pitch.

Wonderful Butternut

Howe agreed in principle to be next Newcastle manager.

Less glamourous than the previous links, but possibly more sensible given their current position.