Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:47:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Afghanistan

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 08, 2021, 02:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crisps?

Quote from: Kermit the Frog on August 25, 2021, 12:18:04 PM
One of the most absurd things I've ever read on this site, by far. Have you read a single book about modern China? You are coming across as deeply ignorant and ridiculous.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteTen million children in Afghanistan are in desperate need of humanitarian assistance, UNICEF Afghanistan warns as the UN's World Food Programme seeks $200m in food aid.

Children in Afghanistan already survive on humanitarian assistance and approximately a million are expected to suffer from life-threatening malnutrition this year, according to UNICEF.

The World Bank has suspended aid to Afghanistan, freezing hundreds of millions in funding. It has provided $5.3bn since 2002 and has 27 projects there. Last week, the IMF blocked the delivery of payments...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/8/25/afghans-race-to-flee-taliban-as-us-keeps-airlift-deadline-live

Utterly disgusting. The people of Afghanistan are being totally failed by the lack of aid given by the international community. Millions will die because the West has stopped pretending to care.

Britain spends £200m on a giant trade ship, imagine how much good £200m would do if it was given to aid agencies to feed the people of Afghanistan.

bgmnts

What's impressive is even the most ignorant people in regards to how we affect developing or third world nations and how it's only fair we should aid them cannot die we are directly responsible for their predicament and have been for decades.

Even the dumbest cunt can't argue that they shouldn't get aid.

bgmnts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58337632

Oof! Who are the terrorists now? Arent the Taliban essentially the government at this point?

Rev+

Quote from: Crisps? on August 25, 2021, 12:26:55 AM
Their code word for Chinese people, "CCP", has certainly flown under the radar a lot more successfully than "Zionist" did for anti-Semites.

Must have done, because I've literally never encountered that as code for Chinese people, despite having encountered a shitload of anti-Chinese sentiment from some lovely places.  Mainly because these sorts don't feel the need to obfuscate it.  'Chicoms', on the other hand...

mothman

Quote from: Crisps? on August 25, 2021, 08:51:07 AM
The fact that you aren't quoting me saying that should be a big enough clue.
Paraphrasing. Look it up in a dictionary. It's quite plain what you were saying and only a reactionary cunt plays that "That's not literally what I said, ACTUALLY."
There's no such thing as the "Chinese Communist Party". The ruling party in China is the Communist Party of China, and if this knee-jerk reaction of yours is because you use "CCP" and what I posted hit a nerve, then please explain why you insist on using a made up term favoured by thick Americans and racists over the correct, official term used by China.
CCP, CPC. Potayto, potahto. Is that the best you can do?
It looks to me like you're going slightly overboard about a three sentence reply to one post.
Oh, handbags. You're the one that lost your shit because someone said something uncomplimentary about a totalitarian regime.
Quote from: Kermit the Frog on August 25, 2021, 12:18:04 PM
One of the most absurd things I've ever read on this site, by far. Have you read a single book about modern China? You are coming across as deeply ignorant and ridiculous.
Quote from: Crisps? on August 25, 2021, 01:25:07 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Silly Kermit, expecting Crispy to read books. They know what they need to know and don't need to know anything else.

Crisps?

Quote from: Rev+ on August 26, 2021, 12:12:47 AM
Must have done, because I've literally never encountered that as code for Chinese people, despite having encountered a shitload of anti-Chinese sentiment from some lovely places.  Mainly because these sorts don't feel the need to obfuscate it.  'Chicoms', on the other hand...

So on "lovely places" where racists don't need to obfuscate, they don't obfuscate, which means it doesn't happen. Is that's what you're going with?

Quote from: mothman on August 26, 2021, 12:22:35 AM
Paraphrasing. Look it up in a dictionary. It's quite plain what you were saying and only a reactionary cunt plays that "That's not literally what I said, ACTUALLY."

Or someone who didn't actually say what you're actually just making up. Anyway, if you could just say if you use a made up American term favoured by racists rather than a correct Chinese term racists don't seem to ever use that would be great.

Rev+

Quote from: Crisps? on August 26, 2021, 02:20:18 AM
So on "lovely places" where racists don't need to obfuscate, they don't obfuscate, which means it doesn't happen. Is that's what you're going with?

Nuance is a furry animal that runs around in the back garden at night for you, isn't it?

Sebastian Cobb

bgmnts

QuoteShots fired at Italian plane leaving Kabul airport
Gunshots have been fired in the direction of an Italian military plane taking off from Kabul airport.

It is not clear who fired the shots or why.

No damage has been reported following the incident, Reuters news agency says, citing military sources.

Not good.

So is this Taliban or separate Islamic fundamentalists?

bgmnts

Explosion just outside the airport now.

Fuck.

steve98

Taking the injured to the hospital (or what passes for a hospital) in wheel-barrows. :(

bgmnts

Reporting US casualties.

Uh oh...

Dex Sawash

steve98

4 US Marines dead. What you gonna do about that Joe? Unleash hell?

king_tubby

As long as the dogs are ok.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Rev+ on August 26, 2021, 12:12:47 AM

I say it a LOT. Here, mate, what's going on with your face? Looking well CCP today, mate. I'm looking forward to Are Phil getting back to full strength so we can hear more of his bants about the CCPs you get these days.

poo

Blood and bone everywhere. From green shoots to the world's biggest terror base - in the space of a few weeks.

Mobius

I was smugly telling my partner how this terrorist threat was probably a load of made up bollocks so countries could just stop having to do evacuations

Boy do I have egg on my face :(

idunnosomename

ARE

BRAVE

BOYS!!!

it's war.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteTHE Home Office has blamed a "technical glitch" after callers to an emergency Afghanistan helpline were redirected to a washing machine repair company in Coventry.

Priti Patel's department was inundated with complaints as people were left on hold for hours or unable to get through at all.

One caller in Scotland – who was phoning on behalf of their family in Afghanistan – also complained that instead of speaking to a UK Government official they had been put through to a washing machine repair firm...

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19535969.home-office-responds-complaints-emergency-afghanistan-helpline/

How do you mistakenly redirect calls to a washing machine repair firm?

Fambo Number Mive

Quote"We will not forgive. We will not forget," Biden said from the White House. "We will hunt you down and make you pay."

Not sure what Biden intends but given they used the tragedy of September 11th 2001 as an excuse to invade Afghanistan, I really hope that Biden doesn't do a Bush and invade another country in response. Isn't that what "ISIS-K" or whatever their name is is want? To try and provoke the US into killing hundreds of thousands more people in the Middle East in order to get more members and get civilians on their side.

QuoteNow his promise of retribution will require a difficult balancing act. Biden said he would authorize additional military forces if necessary to retaliate against an elusive foe, but he appears reluctant to take any step that would prolong U.S. involvement in Afghanistan or risk American lives in a conflict that he already views as a lost cause.

180 reported dead in the Kabul attack by LA Times. Awful. I hope Biden doesn't respond to this with more military action and killing but I don't have a very high opinion of Biden.

Kankurette

I wonder if all the people having a go at Biden for withdrawing and saying he has blood on his hands will be happy if the US bomb Afghanistan.

Also, Blair should never be allowed to talk about the Middle East again.

bgmnts

Quote from: Kankurette on August 27, 2021, 03:40:55 PM
Also, Blair should never be allowed to breathe oxygen again.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteWhite House Press Secretary Jen Psaki says the US will "hunt down [and] go after" those responsible for the bombing at Kabul airport.

She is pressed by journalists on whether President Biden would be satisfied by capturing those involved and bringing them to trial.

Psaki responds: "I think he made clear he does not want them to live on the earth any more."

I mean, never mind international law or anything like that. The people involved were mass murderers but you can't just decide you are going to kill them. They should be captured and put on trial.

Buelligan

Oh, why's that then?

chveik

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 27, 2021, 07:58:58 PM
I mean, never mind international law or anything like that. The people involved were mass murderers but you can't just decide you are going to kill them. They should be captured and put on trial.

the last 'we will hunt them down" speech didn't work too well iirc

imitationleather

I guess it's just what the US public expect to hear at minimum by this point.