Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Adrian Chiles

Started by TrenterPercenter, July 21, 2021, 05:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

He did have sex with that Chelsea fella's wife.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Butchers Blind on July 21, 2021, 07:55:56 PM

His One Show co-host Christine Bleakley/Lampard wasn't it, ITV poached her at the same time IIRC.

idunnosomename

Toby jug full of piss

dothestrand

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 21, 2021, 06:51:42 PM
This bit of wiki trivia tickled me:

His mum's actually Croatian iirc.

I've always found it amusing to refer to him as Voodoo Chiles, though that really upsets my mum as she once saw him at her church.

TrenterPercenter

I'm thinking of trying to popularise the phrase "Putting in the Adrian Chiles" which denotes a laborious effort, not necessarily done well, but routine and diligent all the same.

Sebastian Cobb

He could be a Simon Munnery commentariat character, the antithesis of Alan Parker, and also his columns feel like they exist between unfunny comedy and shit art... not sure the last part is intentional though.

pigamus

Quote from: Butchers Blind on July 21, 2021, 07:55:56 PM

In his dreams.

The Dog

I wish I was Adrian Chiles. People say to me, you'll NEVER be Adrian Chiles, but people probably said that to Adrian Chiles and look at him now.

imitationleather

It's only a decade or so until this forum is going to be as banal as his columns.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: imitationleather on July 21, 2021, 10:13:26 PM
It's only a decade or so until this forum is going to be as banal as his columns.

Oof!

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: imitationleather on July 21, 2021, 10:13:26 PM

Mate have you been over to the wimblewrong thread today?

imitationleather

I'm just saying none of us are getting any younger.

Jittlebags

I beleive he's made it into the Viz Profanisaurus, as in I've got a nasty case of the Adrians

Jockice

I texted his Five Live show a few weeks ago when he was talking about landline phones and he read my anecdote out. So there we go.

poodlefaker

That documentary about booze he did a few years ago, which was trailed as revealing the hidden problems of the middle-aged, middle-class drinker: I thought, "ooh that could be me", so watched it and found out, no, I'm fine: Chiles drinks like a fucking fish  - pub after work every day then a bottle of wine in the evening, four pints with his mates before a mid-day kick-off, then more afterwards - no big deal, apparently. No wonder he always looks so shit. Then Frank Skinner pops up to say as long as  you're not having Pernod for breakfast you're golden.

Made me feel a whole lot better, which I don't think was the intention.

Ferris

Yes, his columns seem uninteresting and entirely unworthy of publishing (let alone in a national newspaper).

I wonder who he is married to.

PlanktonSideburns

Voodo Chiles (slight return)

Well I'm standing next to a laptop
I type a column that's pretty bland

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 21, 2021, 11:27:08 PM
Yes, his columns seem uninteresting and entirely unworthy of publishing (let alone in a national newspaper).

I wonder who he is married to.

I remember really late at night on Channel 4 they used to show LAPD Blue and had no adverts in between, maybe it's like that, can't give the space away for nothing but need to fill it with something.

Maybe they should've just used a big picture of Sippowicz.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 21, 2021, 11:31:02 PM
Voodo Chiles (slight return)

Well I'm standing next to a laptop
I type a column that's pretty bland

Then I pick up all the quiches and make and island
I might even

GO DOWN THE PUB

(gravy boat solo)

Ferris

I'd be happy to churn out 500 words for them if the money was right.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm not convinced they're paying him. CiF costs them fuck all.

purlieu

Quote from: bgmnts on July 21, 2021, 05:58:35 PM
In regards to clubbing he isn't wrong. I suppose a broken clock is right twice a day.
Nightclubs are full of ugly people dancing badly. Most of them manage to have a good time and a lot of them pull regardless.

imitationleather

Nightclubs are fucking ace and I can't wait to get back to them.

mothman

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 21, 2021, 07:31:03 PM
Pity Jonathan Ross bucked the trend isn't it?

Did he, though? His chat show doesn't get the same level of guests that his BBC replacement's show does. Sure he gets to be a panellist on Big Fat Quizes and Masked Whatevers, but once upon a time he'd have been presenting these shows.

Sebastian Cobb

He's not ceasing to exist, and for the avoidance of doubt I do mean that in the literal sense, so it's just not good enough really.

I don't want him dead, I want him to not exist.

The Dog

Quote from: imitationleather on July 22, 2021, 12:19:56 AM
Nightclubs are fucking ace and I can't wait to get back to them.

Nightclubs? At your age!?

Quote from: imitationleather on July 21, 2021, 10:28:17 PM
I'm just saying none of us are getting any younger.

mothman

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 22, 2021, 12:47:58 AM
He's not ceasing to exist, and for the avoidance of doubt I do mean that in the literal sense, so it's just not good enough really.

I don't want him dead, I want him to not exist.

One day he won't be asked on Big Fat Quiz of the Year, and the sudden lack of relevance will cause him to wink out of existence. Be patient.