Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:32:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games - Sponsored by Covid-19

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 23, 2021, 12:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Thursday

Yep one of those odd shootouts where more are missed than scored.

Norton Canes

If only there was some kind of meme that could suggest an Italian reining in a British opponent so as to prevent them accelerating away

Jasha

Boskovic & gals out, done with this covid ridden money laundering farce now

Jasha

Fuck standing on a concrete platform 10 metres in the air then jumping into a swimming pool. Fuck standing on a concrete platform 10 metres in the air then perching your arse over the edge and doing a handstand then jumping into a swimming pool.

Thursday

Don't know why people roll their eyes at skating when they happily accept diving.

Chedney Honks

I love Saint Boy. Some horse twat on his back and he's just a like 'no way mate, your going home empty handed'. 😂😂😂

kalowski

I love the modern pentathlon. It's the Olympics for spies: running, shooting, swimming, horse riding, fencing.

Poobum

Not much sympathy for the German throwing a tantrum and smacking the hell out of the horse with the crop. Should have buckarooed her off and done a trample. One of her coaches has been sent home for punching Saint Boy as well, famously motivates a horse to do a jump that.

Norton Canes

Quote from: kalowski on August 07, 2021, 11:43:57 AM
I love the modern pentathlon. It's the Olympics for spies: running, shooting, swimming, horse riding, fencing.

Add diving and you've got the perfect audition for The Androids of Tara

Thursday

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 07, 2021, 12:11:32 PM
Some rational insight on the Schleu debacle

I too would like to expertly agree that the crying German bully woman is entirely at fault, and the horse is a legend and did nothing wrong. Anyone who was cool and nice could have ridden him easily.

Norton Canes

Yeah, it's so apparent even to a non-expert that no matter what their technical shortcomings, if nothing else a rider has to at least remain phlegmatic.

mothman

Cormac McCarthy wrote "A horse is human, for Christ's sake." They KNOW. Arguably it was already Game(s) Over once the first rider has tried and failed, but surely horses are assessed for suitability, and yet still most/all MPers must have faced this situation before, but the German rider lost it and the horse picked up on that.

chveik

the cunts have programmed the handball and the volley finals at roughly the same time

mothman

What, you can't multitask? Plenty of others will be doing things with their hands while watching the beach volleyball.

chveik

i suppose i could switch between streams but that's not ideal. i only have one device

Poobum

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 07, 2021, 12:22:30 PM
Yeah, it's so apparent even to a non-expert that no matter what their technical shortcomings, if nothing else a rider has to at least remain phlegmatic.

That's what was so ridiculous, horses are famously twitchy bastards. Friend has a ton and a half of percheron that gets spooked by stones and will stop and go no further, last thing you do is stress them more lest you end up with a dislocated hip having your brains bashed out as it drags you half a mile with you trapped in a stirrup.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

In a pub in Leicester and there's - I'll be generous - an absolute stack of tumours and crap slagging off the appearance of the black ones.

chveik

bgmnts

The notion that punching a horse is an absolute outrage considering how we generally treat animals.

Riding them to absolute fuck is okay but punching it is a travesty.

Fucking stupid.

Norton Canes

COVID cesspit athletics golds 0 India athletics golds 1

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Japan won a gold in the baseball because they actually play that apparently, and even enjoy it. Why no rounders at the Olympics? We could just enter a primary school squad and wipe the floor with everyone.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: bgmnts on August 07, 2021, 03:20:29 PM
The notion that punching a horse is an absolute outrage considering how we generally treat animals.

Riding them to absolute fuck is okay but punching it is a travesty.

Fucking stupid.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 07, 2021, 05:16:23 PM
Japan won a gold in the baseball because they actually play that apparently, and even enjoy it. Why no rounders at the Olympics? We could just enter a primary school squad and wipe the floor with everyone.

That's basically Modern Pentathlon/Temtatholon

Which country is posh enough to have someone great at show jumping, Cross country running and shooting. It's basically an audition to be the stuntman in the next remake of 39 Steps.

DrGreggles

Baseball is HUGE in Japan.

#1 Sumo
#2 Baseball
#3 Takeshi's Castle