Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:11:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2021: Paedoph with the England test team

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, August 06, 2021, 04:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ashley Giles has identified the real victim, it's Michael Vaughan, the poor lamb.

jobotic

I do hope all those Asian cricketers take note of the fact that Ashley Giles has forgiven him and decreed that he deserves a second chance. It is his place to after all.

rjd2

Abid Ali minnow basher extraordinaire,,,averaging 160 or so v Lanka, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh and 18 v everyone else.

Looks like New Zealand have blown the test, had India at 51-5 and allowed them to get past 230 with only losing 2 wickets, very poor.

shoulders

Dramatic finish but very relieved NZ clung on for the draw. What a collapse, it was like the series against England all over again.

rjd2

Yep always tough after losing the toss in India but New Zealand were very competitive.

Regarding England, NZ did make the same mistake as the nonces do , loading up on average spin instead of playing gun quicks. No need for Sommerville next test so they should recall Wagner.

I assume that was the last test for Rahane with Kohli coming back next test also.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Pranet on November 27, 2021, 12:04:54 PMReaders who hate cricket might be interested to know that freesports is showing the Abu Dhabi T10. God is this going to be the next thing? It has some big names playing.  Must have some money behind it.

Freesports quite often has T10 cricket - whenever I happen to scroll past it's something like the European Club Championships. Often from Spain, featuring village teams from all over Western Europe and like 19 out of the 22 players have Indian or Pakistani names. Not that there's anything wrong with that - it's just amusing.

Pranet

Yes that club cricket they show fascinates me. Earlier this year there was an "international" competition organised by the same people which had an England XI with a load of minor county - so fairly good- players.

I've seen it suggested that these competitions are organised totally for Indian betting markets.

Edit- looking at the "European Cricket Network" website right now there is a tournament being played in Malta...

This Abu Dhabi thing has the likes of Eoin Morgan and Moeen Ali playing.

shoulders

Pakistan chase 200 easily against Bangladesh. Shame as that was shaping up to be a good test after the two first innings.

Bangladesh's top 3 dangerously shite and no Shakib available.

Inspector Norse

Meanwhile SL bat first against the Windies and lose 9 wickets to spin in the first session on day 2. Can't see that one going the distance somehow.

shoulders

This West Indies team really are burnt dogshit pickle but seemed to me like Sri Lanka underperformed.

Harry Badger

I really can't be arsed to dredge through all the backstory, but why was 'Kevin' considered a racist term?

shoulders

Only a matter of days away until Australia send our merry band of paeds to the morgue.

king_tubby

Cuellar

It's not even on Sky?! I don't piggyback on my brother's account for this!

shoulders

There's always Doha Hard Wanking Crew vs Jeddah Pissmops on Free Sports

poo

Lads, advise me. Do I invest in this forthcoming clusterfuck?

poo

If I plough my life into this, will you be there, by my side?

king_tubby

mr. logic

IPlayer gets through via VPN, but BT doesn't. How do I follow this abroad?

shoulders

10 wickets for Patel in the innings.

Nope, not that Patel!

Inspector Norse

Just a shame his teammates are set to lose all 10 for fewer runs than he alone conceded.

Hate it when bowlers concede over a ton on their best bowling figures. Geoff Lawson's best return has always made me feel a bit sick.

Inspector Norse

Yeah spotted Rabada's 7-112 the other day too; surely that can't really be considered his "best" when he also has a 6-32 (in the second innings of the same game!) to his name?

NZ 62 all out. Patel (the one guy left not out, on top of everything else) must be delighted with his teammates' performances here.

iamcoop

shoulders

Some top brainfart action from Daryl Mitchell smoking Patel for a 6 then trying the same next ball and getting out.

India batting on was like me playing Cricket Captain on easy. Just unnecessary levels of bullying.

king_tubby

If I wanted to appoint a new Director of Cricket at YCCC I wouldn't pick someone who probably has a 99% chance of being racist in the past.

Nevertheless... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59545490