Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:56:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who Series 13: Goodbye, Mr. Chibs

Started by Norton Canes, August 10, 2021, 01:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

mothman

Planet Of The Brooksiders.

The Android's Off, Ta-ra

Mister Six

A Town Called Mersey.

(Doesn't actually make sense, but sod it, I'm tired.)

petril

Ark of Infinaintree
Delta and the Diddymen
Drunk In Time And The Rani(this is a flashback episode for Peter Capaldi)

mothman

Blofelds Cat

Delta and the Bunnymen

Dr Who you looking at?

"The State" of Degsy

Warriors Gateacre

The Janice Long Game

The Empty Childwall

Bad Meff

The Parting of the Fiveways

The Robbed Earth

The Vampires of Otterspool

Curse of the Blackstuff Spot

The Doctors Judy

The Bells of Ian St John

Beatlefield

GoblinAhFuckScary

petril

olliebean

As mentioned by Deanjam in the "RTD back for Doctor Who" thread, but probably more relevant to this one, all content on the official Doctor Who social media channels - Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram (and possibly others that I'm not aware of) - appears to have been deleted. Some sort of guerilla publicity stunt for the new series?

Alberon

Will anyone but a few nerds notice?

Probably a good chance of a start date announced this weekend.

frajer

Yeah can only presume it's Chibnall's idea of generating publicity, the main indicator being it's utterly shit.

pigamus

JamesTC

mothman

#WhereIsDoctorWho is trending. I presume it's a reaction, and not the start in itself of some oh-so-clever marketing campaign (that'd be #WhereIsTheDoctor surely?)...

The Roofdog

Alberon

It's so pointless. Any remaining interest in a third Chibnall series was wiped out the second RTD was announced to be returning.

JamesTC

I haven't seen a publicity stunt for a TV show this pathetic since they sent a curry into "space" for Series X of Red Dwarf.

McDead

If you google Doctor Who, all the Doctors bar Jodie are listed as "Fugitive Doctor". This and the missing social media accounts lead me to believe that there's going to be some plot point where the Time Lords (or the Doctor) wipe every trace of her from time and space. I think it's kind of neat, honestly (though I still won't be watching).

Mister Six

Don't give a fuck so long as they retcon the Timeless Child out of existence.

The Doctor going back to being am unheard-of mystery to the universe would be nice. Moffat toyed with the idea for a couple of episodes before defaulting back to big speeches and the Daleks shitting themselves whenever they see the DOC-TORR, which was a bit of a shame.

Shaky

Quote from: McDead on October 09, 2021, 01:28:07 AM
If you google Doctor Who, all the Doctors bar Jodie are listed as "Fugitive Doctor". This and the missing social media accounts lead me to believe that there's going to be some plot point where the Time Lords (or the Doctor) wipe every trace of her from time and space. I think it's kind of neat, honestly (though I still won't be watching).

Yeah, wonder what the hell that's all about? Some prepping for the 60th, perhaps?

Kelvin

Quote from: Mister Six on October 09, 2021, 05:00:44 AM
Don't give a fuck so long as they retcon the Timeless Child out of existence.

It will be Chibnall retconning it, though. Which at this point could be even worse than leaving it for someone more talented to retcon.

daf

olliebean

"Fugitive Doctor" was Doctor Ruth. And this presumably means every subsequent incarnation is also considered a fugitive by the Time Lords.

Anyway, there's this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2mG0XJnLCtz7tdBGRH0vWM3/have-you-seen-the-aliens-terms-and-conditions

Norton Canes

Quote from: McDead on October 09, 2021, 01:28:07 AM
If you google Doctor Who, all the Doctors bar Jodie are listed as "Fugitive Doctor"

Eh, what? On every Google search return from every website everywhere?

Replies From View

Quote from: Kelvin on October 09, 2021, 07:25:41 AM
It will be Chibnall retconning it, though. Which at this point could be even worse than leaving it for someone more talented to retcon.

Unless RTD has been a guiding hand.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Norton Canes on October 09, 2021, 09:32:52 AM
Eh, what? On every Google search return from every website everywhere?

It's the sort-of general "Cast List" that appears near the top of the results. Never been clear on where it pulls from, or who's responsible for maintaining it.

Norton Canes

Oh yeah. Down in the side bar there, got it.

Replies From View

Looking forward to reading the Wikipedia article about why Whittaker happens not to be a fugitive doctor