Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:03:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sean Lock has died

Started by Ham Bap, August 18, 2021, 11:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
He does a morning radio show with Amanda Holden.
Saw a clip on the telly, she was laughing like a witch and he looked suicidal.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on September 11, 2021, 02:04:17 AM
Julian Clary Presents the Best of Edinburgh 1993

Lock comes on as a roadie character after the Magnum advert. The comment under the video mentions that it might have been his first appearance on television and that it looks like a precursor to his 1994 Edinburgh show with Bill Bailey called Rock. Sorry if this clip was already posted and for bumping the thread.
I wondered earlier in the thread if his small parts in 'Newman and Baddiel' (which it seems started in September 1993) were Lock's first TV appearances - said comment also answers my query.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 11, 2021, 11:59:06 AM
What ever happened to Jamie Theakston? I'd sort-of forgotten he'd existed.

He's one of the Coren Munch Bunch.

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on September 11, 2021, 12:04:34 PM
and he looked suicidal.

imitationleather

Thanks a bundle for reminding me Giles Coren exists.

Sebastian Cobb

bet there was a lot of cum in the jus that night.

shiftwork2

Machine-gunning proximity; Jamie's going to have to go down as collateral damage I'm afraid sorry probably an ok bloke but who'd pass that up.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on September 11, 2021, 12:04:34 PM
He does a morning radio show with Amanda Holden.
Saw a clip on the telly, she was laughing like a witch and he looked suicidal.

You could tell she was laughing by the noise given that her face doesn't move any more.

who cares

Quote from: shiftwork2 on September 12, 2021, 10:33:43 AM

Machine-gunning proximity; Jamie's going to have to go down as collateral damage I'm afraid sorry probably an ok bloke but who'd pass that up.

Reminds me of that old joke, or at least a possible version of it. You've got Giles Coren, Alexander Armstrong and Jamie Theakston in a room, and a gun with only two bullets. Who do you shoot?

Spoiler alert
Giles Coren, twice
[close]
[nb]I also have nothing against Jamie Theakston. Did a cracking turn on Rock Profile[/nb]

Captain Z

There's a version in Time Trumpet involving Patrick Kielty that goes "...and then have fun with the handle."

paruses

Quote from: who cares on September 12, 2021, 07:13:24 PM
[nb]I also have nothing against Jamie Theakston. Did a cracking turn on Rock Profile[/nb]

He reprises that role on Secret Histories (or Forbidden Histories or something) on one of the UKTV channels - conspiracy type documentaries played straight but I think he always has a twinkle in his eye when he interviews the experts and academics (or charlatans, if your prefer, in many of the cases).

Icehaven

The DVD of 15 Storeys High (both series) is £3.58 on the site of my work's supplier at the moment. Are they still outrageously expensive on Amazon/ebay etc?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: icehaven on September 19, 2021, 08:02:33 PM
The DVD of 15 Storeys High (both series) is £3.58 on the site of my work's supplier at the moment. Are they still outrageously expensive on Amazon/ebay etc?

No, not since it went up on iplayer, now you can get it for between £5 - £7.

Icehaven

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 19, 2021, 08:16:13 PM
No, not since it went up on iplayer, now you can get it for between £5 - £7.

Oh good! I thought it might turn up on iplayer, good stuff.

up_the_hampipe

This morning I kept thinking about Lock's "Rectum of the Year" bit, which is a wonderful example of how he's able to take an already strange and funny concept but keep escalating it with every line https://youtu.be/qRPngk5QyK4?t=270