Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:43:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Skyrim Next-Gen Remaster (Nov 2021)

Started by Chedney Honks, August 20, 2021, 06:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Cerys

Curiosity, mostly.  I got a magic staff out of it, so it wasn't all bad.

Quote from: king_tubby on March 10, 2022, 08:59:14 PMOh, I didn't find that when I was there.

Frostwind Bastion, if you fancy going and ruffling a few feathers.

QuoteJust about to start a trip to Cyrodiil with the Bruma mod.

Ooh!

Famous Mortimer

Cerys

Cerys

I am in Cyrodiil, feeling the dopamine coursing through my veins.  I am so easily pleased.

Mister Six

Is Cyrodiil in the new version of Skyrim, or is it a separate (not bundled) user mod?

Cerys

Mod.  Sadly I can't go too far away from Bruma, so although I can see the Imperial City I can't get there.  Phooey.

Mister Six

Ferris

Is it bad form to mention the next elder scrolls game? Can't wait to crack into that circa 2045.

Cerys

Not bad form at all.  I reckon they should just open it all up to the modders and have a full-on Tamriel-wide open world bonanza.  I want to explore, dammit.

Cerys

Heh - it turns out that this is exactly what they're doing!  If I die before it's all done then I will be very annoyed.  Annoyed enough to haunt the software and keep appearing in the background of various locations.  Naked.  You have been warned, fate.  You have been warned.

Poobum

I would love, absolutely love (as in never engage with the real world again) a Morrowind era full Tamriel map.

king_tubby

Quote from: Cerys on March 11, 2022, 06:44:01 PMMod.  Sadly I can't go too far away from Bruma, so although I can see the Imperial City I can't get there.  Phooey.

Have you found any kind of main quest line there? I just keep talking to numpties who want some flowers or a lewd inn closed down.

Cerys

Yeah, there are a couple of good ones.  One had me wanting to go back to an earlier save because
Spoiler alert
the Thalmor teleported off with a likeable character and it was all my fault
[close]
- but I have a feeling the full Cyrodiil mod will allow me to
Spoiler alert
rain down furious anger on their pointy little heads and rescue the person involved
[close]
.  Eventually.

Cerys

Quote from: Poobum on March 14, 2022, 03:56:51 PMI would love, absolutely love (as in never engage with the real world again) a Morrowind era full Tamriel map.

I hear you.  I just want to leap up and down mountains and stomp through forests in ways the real world doesn't allow.  Forever.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Cerys on March 14, 2022, 05:21:08 PMI hear you.  I just want to leap up and down mountains and stomp through forests in ways the real world doesn't allow.  Forever.

Have you tried Elder Scrolls Online, Cerys? I've not and my internet is so shit I need a week in advance to download stuff so have to know if worth it ;) It's on gamepass though and Morrowind is in there...

Cerys

On the one hand, I'm not a big fan of multiplayer online stuff.  On the other ... maybe I should take a peek.

king_tubby

It's buggy, and it gets a lot of grief in the reviews, but I really enjoyed the Brotherhood of Old mod

Spoiler alert
Rebuild the Dark Brotherhood, mentor a woman with a ponytail in the ways of MURDER and slice lots of throats.
[close]

Back bumbling around in Bruma now.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on March 16, 2022, 01:02:06 AMHave you tried Elder Scrolls Online, Cerys? I've not and my internet is so shit I need a week in advance to download stuff so have to know if worth it ;) It's on gamepass though and Morrowind is in there...

I tried it wanting more of a Tamriel fix after Skyrim and while the landscapes were nice, the gameplay seemed to revolve around endless, endless grinding of enemies, and it being my first experience of MMO stuff, I found it really distracting that some NPC would be telling me about this significant quest I had to go on while eight other people were also stood there being given the exact same quest and then running round killing the same enemies meaning I had to wait for them to respawn half the time.

king_tubby

@Cerys et al, I'm currently running through Helgen Reborn which is decent, though they have just given me yet another ridiculous house.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5673?tab=files&file_id=12825&nmm=1

Cerys

Ooh, thanks - I may have to go and explore that.  At the moment I'm wandering around Vvardenfell, killing everybody.  And I mean everybody.

Mobius

Did any decent mods ever end up getting released on consoles for this?

I haven't played Skyrim in a few years, thinking I'll get it on PS5. Obviously know the game inside out but it's still a fun time.

king_tubby

king_tubby

Quote from: Cerys on May 19, 2022, 09:19:17 PMOoh, thanks - I may have to go and explore that.  At the moment I'm wandering around Vvardenfell, killing everybody.  And I mean everybody.

There's some good dungeons, some recruiting n00bs and then mocking them, and some pretty cringey pop culture references that I'm trying to ignore. And not tons of overpowered loot, which I appreciate.

Also did most of the fishing creation club stuff the other week too, which was mainly non shit. I enjoyed battling the mudcrabs.

Cerys

Yeah, the mudcrab battling was fun.  Especially the
Spoiler alert
massive crab spirit ... or did I dream that?
[close]

king_tubby

Quote from: Cerys on May 19, 2022, 09:19:17 PMOoh, thanks - I may have to go and explore that.  At the moment I'm wandering around Vvardenfell, killing everybody.  And I mean everybody.

Oh, forgot to ask, is this another mod or are you playing ESO?

Cerys

Just playing Morrowind - it doesn't have the 'essential characters' annoyance.

Started Skyrim on the Switch, never played it before as I've always found the prospect quite overwhelming based on what everyone says about it. It seems like it's going to be massive and full of things to remember and I always worry that unless I play it constantly as soon as I take a break I'm going to come back to it and not have a clue what I'm supposed to be doing.

One hour in and I really like the feel of it though, the combat seems quite unwieldy so I've been sneak around trying to snipe people with the bow so that I don't have to find hand to hand much. Also been in one pub in the first village which sadly wasn't as lovely as the pubs in the Witcher but excited to discover the others.

Mister Six

Quote from: thelittlemango on May 23, 2022, 05:35:30 PMStarted Skyrim on the Switch, never played it before as I've always found the prospect quite overwhelming based on what everyone says about it. It seems like it's going to be massive and full of things to remember and I always worry that unless I play it constantly as soon as I take a break I'm going to come back to it and not have a clue what I'm supposed to be doing.

The main story is pretty simplistic, and the side quests are all logged in your journal so you shouldn't have too much trouble. The game world is also very well designed in that it's very large, but also quite easy to find your way back from any particular corner, and the differently styled areas (leafy woodland, icy peaks, bubbling volcanic pools) make it easy to figure out where you are in the larger scheme of things.

Quote from: Mister Six on May 24, 2022, 03:40:20 PMThe main story is pretty simplistic, and the side quests are all logged in your journal so you shouldn't have too much trouble. The game world is also very well designed in that it's very large, but also quite easy to find your way back from any particular corner, and the differently styled areas (leafy woodland, icy peaks, bubbling volcanic pools) make it easy to figure out where you are in the larger scheme of things.

That's comforting to hear, I only play a couple of hours a couple of times a week so was already starting to look at any free time as moments where I had to start chipping away at it. Bit further along and loving this, it's so immersive and just feels great, exploring the woods and mountains and having interesting encounters before retreating to a town with a rich backstory to it.

I also realise after googling it that the sneaky archer build I gravitated towards is a bit of cliche in this game so am going to try and throw in some curveball aspects to make it more fun and see what that leads to...