Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:13:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

G11nner's erosion eleven: TERF speedrun (career/family skip, any%)

Started by madhair60, September 07, 2021, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retsuza

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 18, 2021, 10:18:25 AM
wait WHAT

so a guy is with another guy but that's being straight because one of the guys was assigned female at birth?!

I could be wrong but I think that's the case, had the Mess on in the background yesterday because I'm insane. It could also just be his view of the situation, he is a very very confused man - for example I also caught him doing the thing again where he accidentally correctly genders a trans person and has to "correct" himself. Didn't have to hit himself over the head like a monkey to set it in though, this time.

phes

Quote from: retsuza on September 18, 2021, 10:28:06 AM
for example I also caught him doing the thing again where he accidentally correctly genders a trans person and has to "correct" himself. Didn't have to hit himself over the head like a monkey to set it in though, this time.

Well that's fairly disturbing

retsuza

I checked with the handy YouTube transcript, Graham is mad at the guy for being considered visibly queer by someone else because that guys partner is a trans man. Fellas, is it gay to be in a relationship with another man?

Kankurette

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 17, 2021, 11:39:07 PM
love that bisexual people become not bisexual any more once they partner up with someone

Schrodinger's Bisexual
We are everywhere and nowhere.
Quote from: Twit 2 on September 17, 2021, 11:50:46 PM
Hi, ex-primary school teacher here. There is nothing as such in the National curriculum for primary, but local authorities provide Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) guidance. So it will vary throughout the country. Also, academies will probably have their own thing going. I was teaching in Norfolk and the syllabus and guidance provided by county was excellent. In addition I was sent on Stonewall training for diversity and inclusion on LGBTQ+ in schools. The course was excellent. I knew more about this stuff from being on here than the other teachers there, but they were all open-minded and onboard.

So, I taught the the children about the different parts of LGBTQ+ with the correct terminology. About sex, gender and sexuality being separate things on a fluid spectrum and basically that trans people are a real thing. Separately, to RSE there's PSHE (personal, social, health and emotional) where kids are taught that it's never ok to discriminate. It was basically all the good stuff that would make Glinner et al have a fit and any trans people breathe a sigh of relief, I hope.

And I'm also happy to report that these kids coming up are totally accepting of it all, open minded and probably know more about it than most adults. So all these TERF cunts are a dwindling breed and by my predictions, having seen how kids respond to this stuff in school, we can look forward to a much, much more tolerant generation coming up.
That's reassuring, after all those dickhead TERFs on Twitter bragging about how un-woke their kids are.

jobotic

Dr Rock

sophie.pilbeam

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 18, 2021, 11:36:34 AM
Let's get him kicked off of substack

People have been trying for over a year. It's run by "marketplace of ideas" techbro shitheads who won't enforce their own terms and conditions, and have no reason to boot him off because he makes them money. I don't see it ever happening unless they're legally forced to.

That said, The Glinner Update is being increasingly recognised as a hate publication (even got used as evidence in a disciplinary hearing that he was whining about) so it's possible he'll become so toxic they pull the plug. Or he just gets arrested.

earl_sleek

I wonder who hosts them, if Greyhame's stuff is against their T&Cs, and whether they'd do anything if it was.

sophie.pilbeam

This is Substack's co-founder responding to criticism:

Trying to talk them out of hosting Graham is a lost cause. I can see them maybe dropping him if the law gets involved over his harassment / hate speech / libel output, but not "Your T&C's say you're against hate speech" emails.

Jumblegraws

Section from the judgement that caught my eye:

Not exactly a subtle point but I don't get to say this often so I'm gonna say it: Called it.
Quote from: Jumblegraws on December 03, 2020, 03:43:41 PMThis part of the judgement struck me as not only circular but also a selective interpretation, in that it seems to be saying that, by some mechanism or another, PBs lock-in the patient's gender identity. It's not clear to me why the judges would confidently arrive at that conclusion on the balance of probability as opposed to some other explanation, such as the consistency is moving to later treatment stages indicating that initial diagnoses of GD being largely reliable. Seems to me like the judges are sneaking in some alarmist conjecture on PBs and contorting it to attach it to the question of competence to consent, but there's a good chance I'm just being thick.

dreamgirl

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 18, 2021, 10:18:25 AM
wait WHAT

so a guy is with another guy but that's being straight because one of the guys was assigned female at birth?!

Yeah, that's how they see it. I've also seen them hassle cis gay girls for tweeting nice things about their trans girlfriends, calling them straight, etc.

Hassle in a feminist way, obviously. 🙄

Barry Admin

Quote from: retsuza on September 18, 2021, 10:49:37 AM
I checked with the handy YouTube transcript, Graham is mad at the guy for being considered visibly queer by someone else because that guys partner is a trans man. Fellas, is it gay to be in a relationship with another man?

Thanks for the extra info; that's completely and utterly fucking bonkers, obviously.

I mean, the guy is gay or bi and has presumably went out with other cis men, but because he's now going out with a trans man, Glinner is pointing and shouting about him being a "straight tourist."

I can barely get my brain around it. Graham Linehan's a fucking eejit.

JamesTC

I used to be a Star Trek fan but unfortunately I last watched Doctor Who so I can only be a Doctor Who fan right now.

jobotic

The only response to Glinner is

What the fuck has it got to do with you, you creepy old wanker? "

idunnosomename

buttgammon

The Venn diagram of transphobes and people who are maliciously disingenuous about bi/pansexual people would be interesting to see (it's probably just a circle though). My partner isn't just attracted to men and had sex with women and men before we got together, so is she suddenly straight just because she's going out with me? Obviously not. Is there some magical pivot which switches somebody between gay and straight depending on the gender of the person they're interested in? Obviously not. It's just stupid at this stage. These people are just too thick to be able to comprehend anything that's not a black and white binary.

king_tubby

idunnosomename

that's like three potential trolls in the comments now (IshtarFan, marionk). although I think we can all agree that one is definitely making fun of him

damien

LGB Alliance going all in..

'Who's Afraid of Cancel Culture? Not Graham Linehan that's for sure. We couldn't be more delighted that a certain big brave Irishman has agreed to speak at our Conference on October 21st. Come and meet a genuine Free speech hero.. '

frajer

The ego-stroking of that should see some fresh stains on his pants.

"Who's a big brave Irishman? Yes you are, yes you are!"

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: damien on September 18, 2021, 03:40:24 PM

'Who's Afraid of Cancel Culture? Not Graham Linehan that's for sure. We couldn't be more delighted that a certain big brave Irishman has agreed to speak at our Conference on October 21st. Come and meet a genuine Free speech hero.. '

At the Queen Elizabeth II Center in Westminster, a government-owned and operated building. In previous administrations, a few well-worded letters could probably get their booking cancelled. I'm not sure that'd be the case these days.

phes

Haha fuuuuuck, a ticket for the transphobes autumn fayre is £85, for one day! And OMG there is a transphobic disco.

Barry Admin

Quote from: damien on September 18, 2021, 03:40:24 PM

A genuine free speech hero my arse. Fucking hell, that's the most egregious shit I've read all week; when people still wanted to interview him about comedy, one of his absolute favourite topics to bring up was how much he loved to use the block button on Twitter.

He's only after threatening Laurie Penny with a fucking ridiculous lolsuit for calling him a "vile bigot."

I watched the first few minutes of his latest "Mess" earlier, and he was advising people to report some bloke on twitter and even explicitly instructs them to report him for ban evasion for added efficacy, which is obviously hilarious.

I think LGB Alliance are using the new definition for free speech, where it has nothing to do with the state interfering with what you say, but rather it just connotes that the person being referenced is a hateful ding-dong with extreme rightwing views, who appeals exclusively to rotten cunts.

GoblinAhFuckScary

aww yiss big time terf super spreader event.

Spoiler alert
they're all very old aren't they
[close]

DrGreggles

jobotic

Wonder who else is going. Badenoch? Dorries? Duffield?

JK ROWLING????

No, not her.

An tSaoi

Quote from: frajer on September 18, 2021, 03:48:32 PM
"Who's a big brave Irishman? Yes you are, yes you are!"

Graham Linehan is British. We've decided. Please don't mislabel him.

PaulTMA

Just cut the person out of my life who attended the Glasgow rally posted here a couple of months ago.  Felt gross leaving it this long and it will undoubtedly cause me problems but fuck them to high heaven