Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Inside No9 series 7

Started by SilverFish, September 17, 2021, 07:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Quote from: Enzo on June 08, 2022, 01:29:15 AMSteve looked like he'd just come back from missing out on winning a caravan on Bullseye

Glebe

Quote from: kitsofan34 on September 14, 2022, 10:16:57 PMSounds like they plan to end Inside No 9 after....nine series.

Think Mark Gatiss joked with them about that when he appeared on the podcast for the episode he was in. Sad if they are finishing up but then it has run a fair few series.

SteveDave

Reece is on the latest RHLSTP and is on fine form throughout

Blinder Data

I'm glad they're winding it up. Astonishing that they're still pumping them out and they deserve all the plaudits, but the last series lacked the all-time classics of previous. The series tend to finish strongly and that was the case: "A Random Act of Kindness" was the best, while "Wise Owl" had interesting moments but overall tonally imbalanced. It's been a steady decline and you don't want them to keep going when the magic's gone.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Blinder Data on September 15, 2022, 01:18:06 PMI'm glad they're winding it up. Astonishing that they're still pumping them out and they deserve all the plaudits, but the last series lacked the all-time classics of previous. The series tend to finish strongly and that was the case: "A Random Act of Kindness" was the best, while "Wise Owl" had interesting moments but overall tonally imbalanced. It's been a steady decline and you don't want them to keep going when the magic's gone.

I am amused by the thought of an apoplectic Reece reading this comment.

Dimbleby

I do remember Reece and Steve, on the podcast mentioned above featuring Mark Gatiss, talking begrudgingly about feeling obliged to do nine series. Bet they do periodic specials afterwards though.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 15, 2022, 02:09:28 PMI am amused by the thought of an apoplectic Reece reading this comment.

"Hello, Reece!"

It reads a bit snide but it's more about protecting the legacy of the series. They've done some amazing stuff with Inside No 9. Best not to ruin it with ever diminishing returns à la Simpsons.

I wonder if Christian Henson will still be doing the music?

Pete23

Quote from: dead_johnny_walker on September 16, 2022, 11:17:05 AMI wonder if Christian Henson will still be doing the music?

I've no idea on their working relationship with him, but The League have had their fair share of cancelled controversies - blackface Papa Lazarou, Bab's Cabs - and I would imagine neither of them are really following any of this closely, so unless they are advised to drop him (or he decides to take some extended time off) I don't think anything will change.

Blumf

Why did they pick 9 in the first place?

neveragain

Quote from: Blinder Data on September 16, 2022, 11:05:45 AMIt reads a bit snide but it's more about protecting the legacy of the series. They've done some amazing stuff with Inside No 9. Best not to ruin it with ever diminishing returns à la Simpsons.

Well, I'd argue they've not diminished in quality that much. For me, only 'Kid/Nap' and 'Nine Lives Kat' (though still featuring brilliant acting, dialogue, production) were in need of some structural tweaks; the other episodes ranging from very good to excellent. I also wouldn't say 'Wise Owl' was tonally inconsistent, it was grim and foreboding throughout.

Series 6 may have been stronger overall. However, a lot of people didn't like the first and/or last episodes of that run, and they were marvellous to my mind. Audiences are fickle. To sum up - I still have faith in the show, especially since lockdown affected the production of these last two series.

Quote from: Blumf on September 16, 2022, 02:16:27 PMWhy did they pick 9 in the first place?

Alliteration.

mr. logic

I think one of the best things about IN9 is that everybody seems to have different favourites and least favourites- including, per the podcast, the two writers themselves. It's a complete triumph of television, and I imagine that that will remain its legacy.