Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:10:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer's Labour: Ghouls and Tools on the Ship of Fools

Started by pancreas, September 30, 2021, 08:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: king_tubby on December 04, 2021, 07:43:44 PMhttps://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/angela-rayner-aide-jack-mckenna-suspended-over-data-breach-claim-nd5wmgpml

Times so paywalled but you can get the gist from this:

QuoteLabour has suspended Angela Rayner's head of communications in an escalation of hostilities between her and Sir Keir Starmer.

Jack McKenna, who manages the deputy leader's relations with the media and writes her speeches, learnt of the action last night.

He has been placed under investigation on suspicion of a personal data breach involving another Labour staff member. The party has said that the inquiry does not amount to a presumption of guilt.

McKenna, a former aide to Jeremy Corbyn, denies the allegations. Allies of Rayner, 41, believe the suspension to be politically motivated and note that it came days after Starmer, the Labour leader, blindsided her by reshuffling the shadow cabinet while she made a speech.

The adults are back in charge!

I had no idea we'd already gone through 40 Rayners. That's quite a high attrition rate.

Heid The Baw

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 04, 2021, 08:21:35 PMI had no idea we'd already gone through 40 Rayners. That's quite a high attrition rate.

I wonder what busty dad of two, Sir Keith, thinks about that.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 04, 2021, 07:18:43 PMSurprised Starmer isn't a fan of Macron. Is he a bit too liberal for him?
yeah it is a bit odd that. here's the whole bit. that's just a break-out box. but this is relaunch what, eleventy billion and bumfuck?

https://archive.md/E9dUp

idunnosomename

picturing a vat of Angela Rayner clones suspended in LCL being destroyed by Rachel Reeves

pancreas

It's because he can't say Priti Patel, because she's a Tory, but he can't admit to liking a French, because Labour is trying to be british.

shoulders

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 04, 2021, 07:18:43 PMSurprised Starmer isn't a fan of Macron. Is he a bit too liberal for him?

He knows Sun and Mail readers are tuned in to hate The French and Macron and that's all that matters.

Cuellar

Was that 'x or y' list real then?

I feel like I'm asking that about everything these days.

idunnosomename

yes. well it was in The Times today anyway, as much as that's worth

Cuellar

Fambo Number Mive

Not sure I'd agree with the last sentence in this paragraph:

QuoteOnce the sell outs have been noticed, they start signaling to the establishment. A For Sale sign lights up. We see this with Labour MPs: they make a little remark defending Israel here. They refuse to criticise US bombing raid there. They make a harsh remark about the current enemy of choice here: Russia, Libya, Syria, The Serbs

You can be critical of the government of Syria or Libya and not be a sell out or signalling to the establishment.

chveik

i think it means supporting military foreign intervention, which hasn't been a stellar success so far regarding those countries and which is definitely a way to pander to the establishment

KennyMonster

Quote from: KennyMonster on December 03, 2021, 09:43:04 AMI would do the same if I was in their position, you can't reward the current shower of shit.

However I don't think this is a complete victory, I can see the Labour right using this as an excuse to court funds from business in return for doing what they want, and this is the goal for most on that side of the party.

Remember when, under Starmer, the dwindling membership was spun as a good thing because it would allow businesses once again to pump funds for favours into Labour?

Right now I can see (England at least) becoming a country where the main parties have paper thin differences between them, just like in America, and I believe that is the ideal plan for some.

Apparantly Keith 'nneds' big business money to be funneled into Labour even if the Unions don't hold back on funding at all.

The cost of "multiple ongoing legal actions from the Corbyn era are crippling Labour"

Does anyone know what the charges are, and how many we are talking?

Are they ongoing pro-Corbyn actions or anti-Corbyn ones?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 03, 2021, 05:47:23 PM
Quote from: jobotic on December 03, 2021, 01:29:25 PMhttps://www.worthingherald.co.uk/news/politics/labour-wins-marine-by-election-in-worthing-giving-it-same-number-of-seats-as-conservatives-3481091

This is interesting because Worthing used to be entirely Tory and I've read that the Labour group there are decent leftists (who are also the ones who did well in the May elections). Don't know how true that is.

I believe it is true. At our latest branch meeting, the so-called 'centrists' were on about how we could win in Worthing if only we would quit the infighting and all go and doorknock together. Gaslighting cunts.

Fair play to the leftists who could bear to be around them and get that result, though.

Confirmation that it was won due to the sustained effort of the left and that the gasright are trying to claim some of the credit: https://youtu.be/VayMtuj1FEQ?t=2303

Dr Trouser

Emily Thornberry on sky right now having a bad time, but reminding me why I detest the supercilious untalented windbag

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Dr Trouser on December 07, 2021, 08:19:15 AMEmily Thornberry on sky right now having a bad time, but reminding me why I detest the supercilious untalented windbag

What happened to her legal action against Caroline Flint?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Dr Trouser on December 07, 2021, 08:19:15 AMEmily Thornberry on sky right now having a bad time, but reminding me why I detest the supercilious untalented windbag

Much as she's on the wrong wing of the party for me, I reckon she'd have been a fuck sight better than Kieth at delivering that serious competent leadership we were promised. I don't think she'd have been the turncoat he is either, but perhaps I'm in the market for magic beans.

Johnny Yesno

idunnosomename

ah harriet harman, who tried to three-line whip parlimanentary expenses being exempt from FOI at the beginning of 2009, blocked pro-choice abortion amendments, and was embroiled in the Paedophile Information Exchange lowering the age of consent to 10.  and couldn't stop getting driving convictions for some reason

what a super parlimanentarian and feminist icon. yas kween we stan

greencalx

Starmer's really going for the jugular on partygate. Nothing so tepid as a review. A full apology!

pigamus

Quote from: greencalx on December 07, 2021, 10:05:53 PMStarmer's really going for the jugular on partygate. Nothing so tepid as a review. A full apology!

They can't apologise because that would be acknowledging that the illegal thing happened. Good with the law is Kieth!

Nice to see partygate getting so much traction tonight. Trying not to get my hopes up but the mood seems to be turning murderous against these cunts.

MoonDust

Quote from: greencalx on December 07, 2021, 10:05:53 PMStarmer's really going for the jugular on partygate. Nothing so tepid as a review. A full apology!

I came here just to post the same thing.

God he's so shite isn't he? Where's the demand for a resignation?

"Tell the truth and apologise, pretty please."

And then what, the public forgive him and we can all forget about it?

Fucksake.

Was he a prosecution or defence lawyer in his day? Would this have been his tactic as a prosecution lawyer?

"Mr Serial-Kitten-and-Child-Killer, just tell the truth and apologise! Then we can all go home early and get high reading about  'the rules based Liberal order'. Lovely thought."

monkfromhavana

I think we're gearing up for the scheduled changing of the guard of the establishment and it's right-wing Labour's turn to get in and do nothing to change any of the shit conditions of the past 40 years.

They'll be hoping that the Tories have haemor....lost enough votes to make the Labour party viable as an electoral force without all of the Stalinist members, left-wing Jewish people and normal people.

MoonDust

Quote from: monkfromhavana on December 08, 2021, 08:08:25 AMThey'll be hoping that the Tories have haemor....lost enough votes to make the Labour party viable as an electoral force without all of the Stalinist members, left-wing Jewish people and normal people.

To be fair any party without Stalinists is a good thing, right?

Buelligan

I think monk means the way we've been characterised.  And he's absolutely on the fucking nail.  It's exactly what he says, they're terrified, because the current LOTO and Co are so utterly shit, not fooling anyone, if they leave it much longer something nasty might happen like a big big change.  They can't keep us down and the ENGINES CANNA HOLD MUCH LONGERRRRRRRRRR!

MoonDust

Blinder Data

I think they're trying to be clever because they know he won't apologise, if he apologises it's an admission of guilt, further investigation, etc.

However, I agree: anger is the only tone that's required now. The "PM who's socially distanced from the truth" line sounds weak AF.