Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:35:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

MY PHONE IS TRYING TO KILL ME, HELP!

Started by Dr Rock, October 05, 2021, 08:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Ok, that was an exaggerated click-bait title. Here's the probem.

I have a Samsung g6 or something, and it's on sim only deal. Lately the battery or memeory is fucked cos I ask it to one simple thing while on 70% power and it turns off like a cunt,  and when charging I have 0% battery power. Is the battery fucked? Can I get his fixed wihout buying a new phone? Any other solutions, I've tried punching it but to no avail. Help appreciated mes amigos! xx

Endicott

It sounds like a knacked battery. I had similar issues with a Sony Eperia. I was able to buy a replacement battery and a new rear cover, both for about 15 quid each, and fit a new battery by taking it apart (someone had done a youtube demo of doing it - taking it apart ruined the glue on the old cover, and anyway the new one looked 100 times better). That was 3 years ago, it's still fine.

No idea what you do with a Samsung though.

Dex Sawash

I did a battery and new rear cover on my S7 that I use to cast to my TV. Was easier than the iphone repairs I have done. You'll probably break the old back glass removing it. I'm certain mine is no longer waterproof.

canadagoose

You'll probably have to take it in somewhere to get the battery replaced, unless you want to faff around with heat guns and replacement adhesive. I don't imagine it'll cost a terrible amount though.