Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,455
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:42:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Supermarkets

Started by Chedney Honks, October 29, 2021, 03:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

I've noticed today that Sainsbury's have removed the screens at the self-service tills which seems like a statement. Probably only 10% wearing masks, for what little this fact is worth. I still wear one despite having Covid recently because it gives me a better chance of avoiding small talk with people I can't be bothered with. I can't see myself ever wanting to take off a mask in the supermarket now for that reason.

Fambo Number Mive

I presume a mask also reduces  the risk of getting and spreading flu and cold germs. Plus I imagine it might encourage others to wear a mask.

Kankurette

I still wear one, and sanitise my hands.

flotemysost

Been getting irrationally angry over the smug "IT'S YOUR CHOICE" signs outside M&S re: face coverings - I know most other supermarkets have had some sort of similar messaging, but at least it's always with the caveat that you should continue to wear a mask if you can for the comfort and safety of others.

This is just the kind of unnecessarily triumphant tone that I bet half the centrist cunts who shop there are wanking themselves raw over, harrargh, we've won! They'll never tell US what to do! Rule Britannia! *glazes a Colin the Caterpillar in cum*

Attila

Our local is a Waitrose -- the plastic dividers are still up at the tills, but that's it. No masks on the till workers (although I notice the stockists and managers still have them.) No other signage at all, except one at the door encouraging people to mask up. Depending on when you go, odds are very few people will be wearing them.

Same with all of the other shops here -- I've been going back to the local fruit and veg shop to get Kissabel apples, and they have a 'no mask, no entry' sign at the door. I'm usually the only customer wearing one; not even the clerks/owners wear them.

Icehaven

Quote from: Attila on October 30, 2021, 08:02:12 AM

Same with all of the other shops here -- I've been going back to the local fruit and veg shop to get Kissabel apples, and they have a 'no mask, no entry' sign at the door. I'm usually the only customer wearing one; not even the clerks/owners wear them.

I think this is the confusing bit, a lot of shops/cafes etc. still have mask and social distancing signs up even though the staff and most customers have long since stopped doing either, so you don't know if they still expect you to, just haven't bothered taking the signs down or have left them up because they feel like they should/are anticipating it being mandatory again.

Pranet

Surprised how many people were wearing masks in the shops and around town this morning. A lot of people weren't but many more were. Cases are very high around here right now so perhaps that has got through to people. This a small place so I know quite a lot of the people I see and got to say lots of the non mask wearers are not that bright.

paruses

Living deep in Wales it's been very weird spending  a couple of days in Birmingham. I forced myself to get over the "I'm not popular enough to be different" feeling going into an Aldi, Costco, Ikea, and Decathlon and put a mask on. No-one in the hotel was wearing one. I really enjoyed visiting the Chinese supermarket as the  No Fucks Given sorts were out of place.

I too got a bit annoyed at the hedge-your-bets signs at the entrance to a few of those shops. On the one hand it's "Thanks for putting yourself out a tiny bit to show some consideration" right next to a "I know right? Why are people wearing masks. You do you, man". Wouldn't have surprised me if some twat pointed out the Don't Bother bit of the sign to me with a nod. That didn't happen, of course, but if other outlets can broadcast fantasy as fact I am going to enjoy the thought.

Cuntbeaks

I live just outside Glasgow and almost everyone seems to be wearing masks in shops. Was in the city centre last Saturday and it was much the same.

Lemming

No customers wearing masks at all in Sainsbury's Local earlier, except me. I'm fucking elated about all this because I had a weird thing about inhaling germs before COVID all kicked off so being able to wear a mask without getting askance looks is ace, even if the benefits are perhaps chiefly psychological.

Also had COVID recently and, despite a full recovery from the big symptoms, I'm still getting a little bit of green mucus in my throat every morning. Lateral flow test says I'm fine and presumably uninfectious, but regardless, every time a frail old lady approaches me in the aisle, time slows down and I do some insane parkour shit to get past without breathing my own germs into her LoB (Line of Breath).

timebug

One of our local Supermarkets has the 'Wear it or not, please yourself' type signs in the entrance. I went in today and was the only person wearing one, including all the staff I saw.