Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:37:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How to fix network error on download?

Started by Norton Canes, November 04, 2021, 06:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Trying to download a 1.9Gb file from wetransfer. Always ends with 'Failed - Network Error' or variant line depending on browser. Tried Google, Edge, Opera; tried Incognito tab; tried it with Kapersky antivirus turned off; tried changing download folder to different location e.g. desktop - same result every time. Sometimes seconds into the download, sometimes right at the last minute.

Please make any advice straightforward enough for a 53-year-old semi-literate web user to understand.

evilcommiedictator

You've done the good things, trying it with another browser and with AV turned off, the latter was what I was thinking with the thread title.

Looking on their site it seems like they might have very busy periods, maybe try at a different time of day, but maybe your home network drops in and out too - you're using a wired connection yeah?

Norton Canes

Wireless broadband. Would it make a diffrence if I plugged into the router?

evilcommiedictator

Give it a shot, if the wireless drops out for whatever reason, that will cancel your download.

You might not notice it otherwise, streaming stuff buffers but that's the next obvious thing to rule out. Otherwise (imo) I'd see if you could get the file from another place like dropbox or mediafire