Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:06:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 - Welcome to our new ISIS Taliban overlords

Started by chveik, November 06, 2021, 12:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

The Culture Bunker

Carrick seems a nice lad, not sure he deserves that nickname, though.

I'll be quite glad when the German bod takes over, as it is a bit depressing to support a team managed by someone younger (by five months) than you.

imitationleather

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on November 28, 2021, 04:16:45 PMCarrick seems a nice lad, not sure he deserves that nickname, though.

I'll be quite glad when the German bod takes over, as it is a bit depressing to support a team managed by someone younger (by five months) than you.

When Ryan Mason managed Spurs I was, for a brief time, five years older than the manager. I didn't expect to be older than a Tottenham manager before I was older than the current Doctor Who.

Inspector Norse

McTominay, Fred and Matic? Carrick, with this midfield you are really spoiling us.

DrGreggles

Man U setting up for a smash & grab, but surely the grab bit involves venturing into the other half occasionally.

Chollis

That was the only way United were scoring, should liven things up

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 28, 2021, 05:23:03 PMMan U setting up for a smash & grab, but surely the grab bit involves venturing into the other half occasionally.

Ha!

"Everyone back!"

bgmnts

Smashed and grabbed. Get that bus parked.

Sort of shocked at just how crap United are really. Or maybe Chelsea are just that good at the moment.

Inspector Norse

To be fair though, you have to be an elite-level player like Jorginho to make a mistake like that. A Sunday league player would never have dreamed of trying to bring that down, just head it back to the keeper or wang your leg at it and smash it forward again.

phantom_power

Quote from: bgmnts on November 28, 2021, 05:37:43 PMSmashed and grabbed. Get that bus parked.

Sort of shocked at just how crap United are really. Or maybe Chelsea are just that good at the moment.

I think United just didn't want to lose this game and so are playing it super-safe. Carrick wants to go out without a defeat and leave Ragnarok something more solid to start with.

I am not sure how much Carrick could have done this week in terms of getting the players working together as a unit more, given whatever style he tries to instil may well be undone tomorrow.

Thursday

bgmnts

So you can be miles offside, run with the ball for 40 yards and get a corner? Is that for real or did the linesman and var just miss it?

I dont understand the rules of football anymore that's just weird to say.

The Culture Bunker

Happy with a draw, given I thought we'd get battered - Chelsea were obviously miles better, but they scored via a pen caused by a defender being stupid, and we could have won it at the end if Fred had a brain and passed it to Lingard rather than try the chip.

Thursday vs Arsenal might be interesting in terms of both teams' momentum.

Kankurette

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on November 28, 2021, 04:16:45 PMCarrick seems a nice lad, not sure he deserves that nickname, though.

Not a Derby fan, but Wayne Rooney, who is younger than me, becoming their manager made me feel ancient.

I'm beginning to wonder if Everton are going to end up in the bottom 3 at Christmas again.

shoulders

Poobum

That Deyverson dive in the Copa Libertadores. Needs banning from life.

shoulders

Ronalado RESPEC first. 7 Balloons Dor es ambicion for rat mesi, for RONALADO triomph a GOLS and WIN GAME and TRIOPHY

Simples, complatamento, obrigado NAO RACISMO

shoulders

Kankurette

I wish it was legal to throw rocks at people who think all managers should be like Roy Keane. Guardiola and Klopp are a bit hotblooded but they're not raging angry thugs who constantly complain about how all players these days are pansies. And yet they're managing at the top level while Joey Barton isn't.

BlodwynPig

Kankurette

It's almost like football has moved on since the 1990s. It does get a bit wearing hearing '90s players moan on and on about how players these days are a bunch of pussies and yada yada. The game is a very different animal now. Much faster, for one thing, and footballers are expected to take care of their bodies instead of going on the piss and/or to McDonalds all the time like certain Sheffield Wednesday players did back then.

BlodwynPig

DrGreggles

Newcastle down to 10 men after 8 minutes in the relegation decider.

imitationleather

That was a really funny way to fuck things up for your team from Clark.

JamesTC

It seems that "don't get beheaded performance bonus" inserted into all Newcastle player contracts hasn't worked as well as they'd hoped.

buttgammon

The Newcastle Christmas party is being held at the Saudi embassy in London - the club's providing free travel home in a diplomatic bag.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 30, 2021, 01:21:54 PMSillett Bang!
 RIP
Said before but the '87 cup final was the first one I can really remember watching. I admit I was rooting for Spurs, because they had Hoddle, Waddle and Ardiles. Plus Coventry had knocked United out in the fourth round... but it was a brilliant game. Keith Houchen couldn't score to save his life in the first division, but during that one FA Cup campaign, he seemed able to channel himself into playing like Gary Lineker.

Ray Kennedy also died today, after a very long battle with Parkinson's disease.