Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:17:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Should I pay tax?", world's richest man asks Twitter

Started by Blue Jam, November 07, 2021, 07:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on November 14, 2021, 11:45:10 PM
These days, if you say identity is the identity of identity and non-identity, they ask you to stop posting.

jonbob

Nothing suspicious at all about his brother selling off a big pile of shares just before that tweet crashed the share price..

Johnny Foreigner

It's called the law of identity. A is never B, because A can only be A. It's all in Aristotle, somewhere.

imitationleather

chveik

grimes was photographed while she was pretending to read the communist manifesto so i guess it must be some sort of payback

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on November 14, 2021, 09:11:00 PM
Elon Musk actually scares me because his company actually does important shit.

He scares me because

imitationleather

Quote from: chveik on November 15, 2021, 03:40:47 AM
grimes was photographed while she was pretending to read the communist manifesto so i guess it must be some sort of payback

Those pictures did give me a good old laugh. It's well known that Grimes is a total dolt who lucked out by making a really good debut album. The idea she'd read even Marx's easiest book was just absurd.

I believe she's also pretended to have read Aaron Bastani's book.

Mister Six

To be fair to Grimes, she also did We Appreciate Power, which is a banger.

I think she's like Kanye - a decent amount of musical talent, but fundamentally a bit dim outside of that one sphere, and absolutely oblivious to the fact.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 15, 2021, 03:45:52 AM
He scares me because

Well yeah. That's the end result of decentralised free markets and "consumer choice" - extraction

but I heard the left concentrate too much on economics these days, best not go on about it.

Video Game Fan 2000

Grimes is the epitome of a rich trend-chasing hipster, her popularity is baffling. she should be the kind of thing that got instantly pelted with rotten fruit but somehow people went for it

https://www.startribune.com/this-boat-don-t-float/49134952/?c=y&page=all&prepage=1#continue

ohh feminist pop song
ohh leftist pop song
ohh queer theory pop song
ohh nick land pop song
ohh communist manifesto photo shoot

shaht up

imitationleather

If I was the richest man on the planet I like to think I wouldn't spend so much of my time embarrassing myself on Twitter.

I guess we're unlikely to ever know for sure, though.

idunnosomename

it is kind of comforting how incredibly unfunny he is

Musk's Twitter account is just a massive grift, designed to manipulate markets and governments with little pushback because he appears so belligerent and stupid. Everything he does is calculated to generate maximum profit from his investments.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 16, 2021, 02:50:11 PMMusk's Twitter account is just a massive grift, designed to manipulate markets and governments with little pushback because he appears so belligerent and stupid. Everything he does is calculated to generate maximum profit from his investments.

I have also thought this, and wondered how legal it all is.

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 20, 2021, 03:30:28 PMI have also thought this, and wondered how legal it all is.

With the legal team he can afford, I think murder is legal.

Blue Jam

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 20, 2021, 04:23:53 PMWith the legal team he can afford, I think murder is legal.

Calling someone "PEDO GUY" evidently is.

If it wasn't for that tweet I'd wonder if his account was managed by some very clever stockbroker/PR genius.

JaDanketies

seepage

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 20, 2021, 03:30:28 PMI have also thought this, and wondered how legal it all is.

I think it's always been like this. I remember a couple of famous entrepreneurs buying a 1p-a-share furniture shop, saying they were going to use it as a vehicle for the greatest invention in the history of mankind, waiting for the share price to rocket, their mates to sell all their shares, before folding the company soon after.

FredNurke

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 20, 2021, 04:44:50 PMCalling someone "PEDO GUY" evidently is.

If it wasn't for that tweet I'd wonder if his account was managed by some very clever stockbroker/PR genius.

This is why I always append 'paedophile' to his name every time I refer to him. I mean it in the exact same sense he meant it. What's good for the goose, and all that.

seepage

Quote from: Poobum on November 20, 2021, 05:07:24 PM

Seems like a pair of twats.

Apart from the car that looks too normal a place for Musk - where's the fission-powered toaster, Elon?

JaDanketies

That ain't Grimes in that video, it's his ex-squeeze

Poobum

Sebastian Cobb

every time a tesla smashes its driver into something the real tragedy is that it's not the tesla musk is driving.

Blue Jam

Twat.

Kind of wish I'd bought one to put on eBay though.