Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,300
  • Total Topics: 106,765
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:20:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pukka Pies for goalposts - a Football League/ National League thread

Started by holyzombiejesus, November 08, 2021, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Quote from: Ted-Maul on March 26, 2022, 07:57:29 PMWest Didsbury and Chorlton win promotion infront of 1000+ fans. Not bad. I've spent a pleasant day watching my team grind out a 0-1 win Infront of 200 against already relegated Kendal Town.
They're my local non-league team, so I should probably be happy about this. Where's the ground?

Quote from: Kankurette on March 26, 2022, 11:50:32 PMThey're my local non-league team, so I should probably be happy about this. Where's the ground?

The big green bit between Chorltonville and the Mersey: https://goo.gl/maps/vNfuSABEAP4v27mW9

Next home game is a league cup match against Vauxhall Motors on 9th April. Though there's a fixture in a different league cup away at Maine Road (who play on Brantingham Road) on Monday 4th, which Might be even more closer to you depending on where you live.

Kankurette

Ted-Maul

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on March 26, 2022, 09:53:26 PMWe won promotion on Wednesday with a 2-1 win at Barnton.
Oops, I missed that, sorry. Congrats anyway

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on March 26, 2022, 09:53:26 PMToday was an absolutely rotten 0-0 in front of a capacity crowd of 1,200 who were there for the trophy presentation.
Typical, ha.

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on March 26, 2022, 09:53:26 PMA lot of people were there today to sit in the sun and have a beer with their mates with the football as the backdrop,
Same at Kendal yesterday, It was lovely.

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on March 26, 2022, 09:53:26 PMWhat's the deal at City of Liverpool
Pretty much disgruntled Everton and Liverpool fans, yes. CoL are ran so that all profit must go back into the club and the local community. Buying a membership gets you a vote etc. They have a strong (left) political outlook and discourage fans who don't share this outlook from getting involved.

Also, they were set up because there was no non-league club actually playing within the Liverpool area. Since they've started, however, Lower Breck and South Liverpool have joined the NWC league by upgrading 'cages' in leisure centre-type places while we are still ground sharing outside the city's boundary. The club's main aim is getting a ground in the city but not doing so has been a stick for others to beat us with.

holyzombiejesus

Not a particularly difficut question if you know anything about who I support but which team, yesterday, became the first league team to have beaten the other 91 in a league game?

monkfromhavana

I assumed it was a team that had beaten Port Vale, but it appears that Port Vale one and is the correct answer.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: monkfromhavana on March 28, 2022, 08:32:53 AMI assumed it was a team that had beaten Port Vale, but it appears that Port Vale one and is the correct answer.

Fucking cheeky bastard. You're right though. Some fans querying how we could have beaten premiership teams who have been in the prem for its entire history, not realising that there were games before 1992.

jobotic

There must be a few who have been on 90 for ages but just can't quite beat Port Vale.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: jobotic on March 28, 2022, 10:14:01 AMThere must be a few who have been on 90 for ages but just can't quite beat Port Vale.

That's better.

Kankurette

Robbie Williams will be proud (as will my GCSE History teacher).

king_tubby

Lordy.

http://stainestownfootballclub.co.uk/urgent-club-statement/

QuoteElsewhere, we have also been provided with vast amounts of evidence, that Downing LLP, may be involved through its other holdings in the financing of Environmental Crimes, Price Fixing, Deforestation, Forced Evictions, Human Rights Abuses, Child Labour, Slavery, Gender Discrimination and Murder.

holyzombiejesus

Site's down. People are being directed to way back machine link.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220329130137/https://stainestownfootballclub.co.uk/urgent-club-statement/

holyzombiejesus

League Two is looking so tight. Been anxiously looking at the Hartlepool Mansfield score tonight. Mansfield were 2 up but Hartlepool got level. Could kiss them.

The Lurker

We could've (and should've) won it at the death too! So maybe that kiss you're offering us will be changed for a friendly handshake now you know that.

holyzombiejesus

No. Will stick with kiss. Tongue included if you let us beat you in a couple of weeks. Word is, we might have our manager back by then, although I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear from him ever again after what's happened.

monkfromhavana

What has happened to Darrell Clarke? Family bereavement wasn't it?

holyzombiejesus

Yeah. No specifics announced but if rumours are true, it's horrible.

Kankurette

Whatever it was, I hope the club give him the time he needs to recover.

finnquark

Quote from: finnquark on March 31, 2022, 10:22:12 PM

£130,000 on intermediaries fees in 12 months, flew to Eastleigh for a league game, but still got the budget left for this work of art.

Kankurette

Hat FM

Quote from: Brian Freeze on April 01, 2022, 12:20:29 AMLooks like it to me but who the fuck are the two on the right?

inside right is darren from Hollyoaks. ledge.

Edit - Rolf beat me to the same joke!

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Brian Freeze on April 01, 2022, 12:20:29 AMLooks like it to me but who the fuck are the two on the right?

I hate myself for this, but I'm pretty sure the one on the right is James "Arg" Argent from The Only Way Is Essex.

I'll show myself out.

Kankurette

Is he the one who claims to be a footballer? I recall one of them does.

FalknerHinton

No that's Mark Wright. Arg is the failed drugs test/gastric sleeve one.

I've never even watched it, how do I know this? :(

Kankurette

The Lurker

The League Two relegation battle is getting tasty now. Much better following it when you're not involved in it either, funnily enough...