Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pukka Pies for goalposts - a Football League/ National League thread

Started by holyzombiejesus, November 08, 2021, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FalknerHinton

I'm 100% sure this is not how you do a supportive post during pride month.

Anyone want to have a guess at "Sea Queen"?

bgmnts

Fudge packer and flamer sound quite american to me, do we say them?

I'm confused as to why bender is okay to not censor.

FalknerHinton

The censoring does seem to be wildly inconsistent, yes.

I bet they wouldn't post like this in National Inbreeding Month.

Kankurette

Quote from: bgmnts on June 09, 2022, 05:22:32 PMFudge packer and flamer sound quite american to me, do we say them?

I'm confused as to why bender is okay to not censor.
Fudge packer, yes. Flamer, no.

finnquark

Alty manager turned down Notts County today, which was a pleasant surprise. Was all set for him to go, but he's sticking around to oversee our first season as a full time team.

kalowski

What's J!ck?y ?
I mean, I don't want to repeat homophobic language here Z but I can't work this one out - unless it's "Jacksy" which I always thought meant your arse.

king_tubby

kalowski

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: finnquark on June 09, 2022, 08:45:53 PMAlty manager turned down Notts County today, which was a pleasant surprise. Was all set for him to go, but he's sticking around to oversee our first season as a full time team.

Think they're sniffing round John Askey now.

Still laughing at self-styled "massive club" Swindon losing their manager to Charlton and their DoF quitting. Mardy little shites.

holyzombiejesus

Any decent friendlies lined up yet? We're at Rochdale which is quite close to me adn I get to visit The Baum again, so that's good, especially seeing as closest away game next year is Accrington.

The Lurker

Nice chippy outside Rochdale's away end, which is a bonus.

holyzombiejesus

5 substitutions allowed in EFL from next season. Shitty gerrymandering.

Kankurette

For the other Owls on here: David Stockdale y/n? I know he's getting old and is a bit of a chonk but he can't be worse than Wildsmith or Dawson.

This Staines Town club statement is absolutely wild (and confirms what was said earlier in the thread about how non-league isn't free of monsters - although this is a pretty extreme example):

https://stainestownfootballclub.co.uk/club-statement-june-2022/

Highlights include:

QuoteSTFC gave full disclosure in regard of all relevant financial and legal matters regarding the club, and it was during the incoming new owners legal due diligence process, that an outstanding issue was highlighted. Namely that the parcel of land towards the car park end of the football pitch was being wrongfully occupied by STFC as part of its lease with its landlord, The Thames Club. The land does in fact rightfully belong to a nearby resident and that resident has now legally been given back their land.

This unfortunately means that there is no longer room for a full eleven a side sized football pitch at Wheatsheaf Park, namely that the penalty box now belongs to another party.

So, the owners of STFC are now left with two thirds of a pitch and not one big enough to comply with FA rules. In light of this, we understand that there have been several ideas put forward to combat this shortfall including the setting up of a Middlesex over sixties walking football league, with the rationale being that the participants would not have to walk as far to attack each other's goals.

Inspector Norse

Significant Oldham news: incompetent current owner Abdallah Lemsagam and dodgy former owner Simon Blitz have agreed to sell the club and stadium to "a longstanding successful local business".

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/june/30062022-club-statement/

Promising news, no idea what the business is. JW Lees?

holyzombiejesus

Can anyon let me know if they're aware of any left-leaning/ community minded/ 'decent' fans groups who would be open to sharing the GoFundMe thingy I mentioned here.

Also, need a new thread title for the coming season (unless we just keep this one going).

king_tubby

I can't see what that is without signing up, but https://mobile.twitter.com/PunjabiRams are a good left-leaning/ community minded/ 'decent' fan group.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 04, 2022, 09:14:18 PMCan anyon let me know if they're aware of any left-leaning/ community minded/ 'decent' fans groups who would be open to sharing the GoFundMe thingy I mentioned here.

That link doesn't work.

Are you going to the West Didsbury & Chorlton v Alty friendly on Saturday, finnquark? Not sure if I can make it down myself, but I hope you enjoy it if so. Sadly there'll be no Sam Heathcote, who the club have just announced has left. Christ knows where we'll get another 25+ goal a season defender from...

finnquark

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on July 04, 2022, 09:21:42 PMAre you going to the West Didsbury & Chorlton v Alty friendly on Saturday, finnquark? Not sure if I can make it down myself, but I hope you enjoy it if so. Sadly there'll be no Sam Heathcote, who the club have just announced has left. Christ knows where we'll get another 25+ goal a season defender from...

Yep, certainly am. We've got a double header on Saturday - WD&C at 12, followed by Wythenshawe Amateurs at 3. Definitely going to the 1st game, will see about heading over for the 2nd.

I saw Heathcote has gone - any idea where? He's probably ok at NLN level, might be a good signing for someone like Chester or Curzon.

Kankurette

Said it in the other thread, but FC United are your best bet as they're very pro-refugee and left-wing in general. They collected loads of donations for refugees at the Grantham game in response to Grantham's vile chairman claiming Afghan refugees were druggies.

Quote from: finnquark on July 05, 2022, 06:53:23 AMYep, certainly am. We've got a double header on Saturday - WD&C at 12, followed by Wythenshawe Amateurs at 3. Definitely going to the 1st game, will see about heading over for the 2nd.

I saw Heathcote has gone - any idea where? He's probably ok at NLN level, might be a good signing for someone like Chester or Curzon.

Just seen he's gone to Runcorn Linnets. I thought he'd probably end up at least a level higher than that, so he'll do well.

kalowski

Quote from: finnquark on July 05, 2022, 06:53:23 AMI saw Heathcote has gone - any idea where? He's probably ok at NLN level, might be a good signing for someone like Chester or Curzon.
I've asked my daughter to ask him as he works at her school. But she forgot today so I'll try and remind her tomorrow.

finnquark

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on July 05, 2022, 10:09:05 PMJust seen he's gone to Runcorn Linnets. I thought he'd probably end up at least a level higher than that, so he'll do well.

Yeah, I would have placed him higher than that, maybe NPL Prem? He was always out of his depth at Alty, in my view anyway, though he was working as a community coach for some time after he left the 1st team squad and seems like a really good guy.

How do you see this season going in the NWCL? Back-to-back promotions?

Quote from: finnquark on July 06, 2022, 08:04:27 AMYeah, I would have placed him higher than that, maybe NPL Prem? He was always out of his depth at Alty, in my view anyway, though he was working as a community coach for some time after he left the 1st team squad and seems like a really good guy.

Yeah, he's a proper good egg and just seemed to "get" the club and the fans. If it doesn't work out for him at Runcorn then he'll be back, I'm sure. But I'm confident he'll do really well at that level.

Next season is a bit of an unknown, but there's no way the top two won't be Isle of Man and Bury. I'd be very happy with mid-table. I don't think there's any huge desire at the club to zoom up the leagues. And while some of our attendances last season were incredibly impressive, we'll probably revert to 300 during the winter months when you can't sit on the grass banks supping a beer in the sunshine with the football in the background.

What're Alty's ambitions now you've gone full-time?

kalowski

Quote from: finnquark on July 06, 2022, 08:04:27 AMYeah, I would have placed him higher than that, maybe NPL Prem? He was always out of his depth at Alty, in my view anyway, though he was working as a community coach for some time after he left the 1st team squad and seems like a really good guy.

He is a really good guy. My kids absolutely love Sam.

Yussef Dent

That Laurence Bassini interview this morning was astonishing. It's amazing how people like that can get involved in football clubs.

bgmnts

Ha just read some excepts and this tickled me:

Quote"Keith Harris can't be on the board because he's a dishonest man."

Immediately imagined a Steve McClaren Casper situation with Orville ending up chief scout or something but then remembered Keith Harris has been dead for years.