Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:45:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pukka Pies for goalposts - a Football League/ National League thread

Started by holyzombiejesus, November 08, 2021, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyMonster

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on August 09, 2022, 12:05:13 PMWas 2 hours on quest as well. 1 hr for the championship, 30 mins each for league 1 + 2.

OK, I recall it being 3, but I didn't watch Quest last season, that was for us to be ridiculed on BBC1.

monkfromhavana

I see Cov are tonight playing a home game in their 4th different Midlands city/town since 2013.

KennyMonster

Quote from: jobotic on August 08, 2022, 10:33:03 AMITV's highlights package is a bit odd. The music that comes on either side of the adverts sounds like its from an 80s cop show. The presenter Jules Breach talked about Bolton v Wycombe as a "Wanderers derby" (presumably as a joke) and called Crewe Alexandra "Crewe Alexander".

I wanted to go to bed but waited for the Gills goal and they lost the footage, but it did come back for a four second clip.

Jobi McAnuff is a handsome charming fella though.

On hearing a podcast by an online sports journo  , the highlights they broadcast of Norwich v Wigan were also not in chronological order for some reason.

Kankurette

Kankurette

Brian Freeze

Any Altrincham fans able to comment on past and future performances of Aaron Bennett please thankyou? Much appreciated.

finnquark

MOTM on debut vs Maidstone and by all accounts did well yesterday too, though he did miss the best chance of the game from 6 yards out. He seems like he's fitting in well with the coach and other attackers, and is much more suited to adult football than most 18 year old loanees we've had at this level.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: monkfromhavana on August 09, 2022, 02:49:41 PMI see Cov are tonight playing a home game in their 4th different Midlands city/town since 2013.

Our season is now basically ruined. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a points deduction. Talk about shit landlords.

Kankurette

What's the deal with Cov's pitch not being safe to play on?

buttgammon

Quote from: Kankurette on August 16, 2022, 10:38:01 AMWhat's the deal with Cov's pitch not being safe to play on?

Presumably ruined by rugby wankers.

FalknerHinton

And concerts apparently. I blame Ipswich Town's Ed Sheeran (squad number: 17. Yes, it makes me cringe too.)

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Kankurette on August 16, 2022, 10:38:01 AMWhat's the deal with Cov's pitch not being safe to play on?

Before the Commonwealth games, Wasps said they would lay a new pitch after it, what with 57 Rugby Sevens games being played on it in about 3 days. The surface is not safe to play either football or rugby on it, with no sign of any new pitch being laid. Wasps are basically ignoring our phone calls and have rejected us chipping in for a new pitch even though they're the landlords. There is basically silence from Wasps aside from one statement where they said that they hadn't said anything about laying a new pitch and we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Of course, the rather blatant elephant in the room is that Wasps are in the shit, financially. After they franchised up from Wycombe, they were drawing 20,000+ crowds, playing European rugby etc and the football team were in League 2 and playing in Northampton. Unfortunately, once the marketing hype died, the team turned to shit, the free tickets stopped being given away and COVID happened the crowds dwindled. They had really overplayed their hand financially (the Newcastle Falcons apparently had 10 marketing / ticketing staff, which is about normal, Wasps had around 100). Wasps decided to solve their financial shortcomings by issuing bonds to fan, which would be repaid....these repayments are now about a year overdue.

Now, for Wasps home games, in the 32,000 capacity stadium, I'd say that there are less than 2,000 fans in for their home games. The fairweather fans have melted away, they have antagonized the local rugby community by moving here when he had a long-established club of our own, and pissed off the football team's fans by kicking us out of the ground that was built for us to play in.

What sucks is, we have a great management team, great players playing good football, the atmosphere at the games is the best I've ever seen and I'd say that the link between the management team, the players and the fans is amazing, the kind of spirit where you feel something is stirring. Prior to this season we rejected all bids for our top players, sold a record amount of season tickets and there was a chance we could force our way into the playoffs. In the space of 3 weeks, that has all evaporated. I'd imagine Wasps will get around to laying a pitch a week before their season kicks off at the back end of September before we have even been able to play a home game. We'll have points deductions, a massive fixture backlog, no chance of the playoffs, a huge dissipation of positive energy and our star players will likely be sold.

Cheers for that, you set of franchise wankers.

(Sorry this was a bit of a rant)

Kankurette

Thanks for explaining. Jesus, that's depressing. What a shitty thing to do to Cov.

(Fuck off Wednesday)

king_tubby

Quote from: monkfromhavana on August 16, 2022, 09:20:31 PMBefore the Commonwealth games, Wasps said they would lay a new pitch after it, what with 57 Rugby Sevens games being played on it in about 3 days. The surface is not safe to play either football or rugby on it, with no sign of any new pitch being laid. Wasps are basically ignoring our phone calls and have rejected us chipping in for a new pitch even though they're the landlords. There is basically silence from Wasps aside from one statement where they said that they hadn't said anything about laying a new pitch and we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Of course, the rather blatant elephant in the room is that Wasps are in the shit, financially. After they franchised up from Wycombe, they were drawing 20,000+ crowds, playing European rugby etc and the football team were in League 2 and playing in Northampton. Unfortunately, once the marketing hype died, the team turned to shit, the free tickets stopped being given away and COVID happened the crowds dwindled. They had really overplayed their hand financially (the Newcastle Falcons apparently had 10 marketing / ticketing staff, which is about normal, Wasps had around 100). Wasps decided to solve their financial shortcomings by issuing bonds to fan, which would be repaid....these repayments are now about a year overdue.

Now, for Wasps home games, in the 32,000 capacity stadium, I'd say that there are less than 2,000 fans in for their home games. The fairweather fans have melted away, they have antagonized the local rugby community by moving here when he had a long-established club of our own, and pissed off the football team's fans by kicking us out of the ground that was built for us to play in.

What sucks is, we have a great management team, great players playing good football, the atmosphere at the games is the best I've ever seen and I'd say that the link between the management team, the players and the fans is amazing, the kind of spirit where you feel something is stirring. Prior to this season we rejected all bids for our top players, sold a record amount of season tickets and there was a chance we could force our way into the playoffs. In the space of 3 weeks, that has all evaporated. I'd imagine Wasps will get around to laying a pitch a week before their season kicks off at the back end of September before we have even been able to play a home game. We'll have points deductions, a massive fixture backlog, no chance of the playoffs, a huge dissipation of positive energy and our star players will likely be sold.

Christ. My mum and grandad used to be a season ticket holders back in the 50s/60s. You ok with me copying that for elsewhere?

Kankurette

My mum used to go as well when she was a student at Warwick and Liverpool were playing away.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: king_tubby on August 16, 2022, 09:48:49 PMChrist. My mum and grandad used to be a season ticket holders back in the 50s/60s. You ok with me copying that for elsewhere?

Do with it as you want.

king_tubby

kalowski

So, is anyone looking to invest in Altrincham FC?
QuoteWe're crowdfunding!

As one of our valued fans, we wanted you to be the first to know.

Soon, we'll be launching a campaign on Seedrs, offering you the chance to purchase an ownership stake in Altrincham Football Club.

This is a new age of football ownership. This is the era of the crowdfund. A lot of readers may not be new to the crowdfund concept, as a handful of clubs have had crowdfunding campaigns to raise money to pay debts, fix the roof, buy a striker who had a sniff with Everton once, or even buy the lads a few beers for their good cup run.

But there aren't many that are prepared to give real equity in a real football club. And those that do give up equity, generally do so at a premium, with valuations so high you're never really at risk of owning enough of the club to either have a real say on operations, or maybe even make a quid on your investment.

ALTRINCHAM FOOTBALL CLUB is changing that.

Join the Journey

Here's how it works:

1. Visit our landing page to join the priority investor list

2. Fill out your details

3. We'll email you as soon as the campaign goes live!

We're on the hunt for the EFL - Come be a partner and let's take this team to the promised land.

finnquark

Quote from: kalowski on August 17, 2022, 11:05:00 AMSo, is anyone looking to invest in Altrincham FC?

This is bollocks and I'm becoming increasingly concerned at the direction the club is moving in. Especially after the failed experiment with having an ex-NFL player be the CEO. Club needs to stop pissing around adjacent to NFT grifters and sign some adult footballers who can score goals.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: monkfromhavana on August 17, 2022, 08:05:38 AMDo with it as you want.

I'd like to nick it for another championship forum where "what the fuck is going on with that pitch " questions are being asked

Kankurette

Wednesday Twitter currently getting giddy over the possibility of signing Mallik Wilks. Who Hull fans seem happy to be rid of (are there any in this thread?)

Rolf Lundgren

Not saying this is necessarily the case at Altrincham but what is it with dodgy blokes who are usually interested in crypto currency taking over at non league clubs and insisting they're heading for the Premier League.

All ego bollocks with crackpot schemes. I'm not convinced the majority of non league fans even want to get into the football league let alone the Premier. We just want to support a local team and see them do well.

Kankurette

The Premier League is overrated anyway. And NFTs are not to be trusted.

Kankurette

dr beat

Quote from: monkfromhavana on August 16, 2022, 09:20:31 PMBefore the Commonwealth games, Wasps said they would lay a new pitch after it, what with 57 Rugby Sevens games being played on it in about 3 days. The surface is not safe to play either football or rugby on it, with no sign of any new pitch being laid. Wasps are basically ignoring our phone calls and have rejected us chipping in for a new pitch even though they're the landlords. There is basically silence from Wasps aside from one statement where they said that they hadn't said anything about laying a new pitch and we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Parasitoid Wasps?

Kankurette

Corny Mighten jokes ahoy!
Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 29, 2022, 08:50:52 PMThis is bizarre.  Birmingham FCs official unveiling of a new player.

https://twitter.com/bcfc/status/1564296851045683201?s=24&t=HOmHWxwckXYAdI1zuPwyRw
The fuck did I just watch? It's not like they signed Luis Suarez.

IT IS THE SCREAMING OF THE ZULU ARMY THAT KEEPS YOU AWAKE AT NIGHT, CLARICE.

Kankurette