Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:47:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Syncing Apple Calendar and Google Calendar

Started by pigamus, November 11, 2021, 07:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

Is it possible to add to Apple Calendar and have it sync with Google Calendar? I recently switched from the former to the latter. Hard question to Google it seems.

Edit, no I didn't, from the latter to the former

touchingcloth

So you switched from Google to Apple?

What do you use to view your calendars on? My personal calendar is an iCloud one, and my work calendar is a Google one. I have both my iCloud and google accounts setup on my phone and laptop, so the calendar app can show either or both of them, as well as being able to add and remove events from both of them.

To my knowledge having the accounts for both calendars linked to the device you want to view them on is the only way to be able to view and edit them both.

An alternative option would be to make your Google calendar publicly shareable, then get the URL for it so you can add it to the calendar app(s) you use to view your Apple calendar and show the details of the public Google calendar alongside, though it would be read-only and you wouldn't be able to edit appointments in it.

There might be an app out there which would let you add both your google and Apple login details so that the calendars would be truly synced, but I haven't found one on googling.

pigamus

pigamus

Ah, apparently you can import and export calendars like you can with bookmarks. Well that'll do. I probably won't really need Google Calendar anymore anyway, I just wondered if it was possible to sync them.

touchingcloth

Ah yeah a one time transfer will be a lot easier than an ongoing sync!

studpuppet

I had this issue - also, my company was on iPhones and then switched to Android and suddenly I had to try and sync work and (family visible) home calendars to all appear on my phone. Found an app called SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar that works okay.