Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,355
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:31:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

Mobius

Despite not caring about the storyline, that wasn't a bad match really. Pretty fun.

Ja'moke

Yeah that was actually a pretty fun match all things considered. I suppose the in ring talent was never in question, it was the feud booking. Hopefully that's over with forever.

Gurke and Hare

Bit crappy that Frankie had to eat the pin. Hope he doesn't start feuding with Sammy now.

Mobius

Mobius

Deeb Rosa was great.

This JAS Blackpool clusterfuck is insane

Ja'moke

That was ace.

Give us Blood and Guts next !

Ja'moke

Ooh we getting Los Ingobernables in AEW.

Ja'moke

Didn't expect Jurassic Express to retain but that was a great match too.

Ja'moke

The crowd has been really good tonight. Still hot for the main event. Helps that it's only 9:15pm on the West Coast.

Mobius

Yeah great crowd.

The last few matches have been bangers.

Mobius

Loved that last match. Little sloppy in spots but you get that with Punk. I like how his shit can look a bit rough and he was never the most athletic guy. Just feels a step below the top modern day in ring workers.

Great stuff though, can't wait to see where Hangman goes now. Punk is a champ again!

Overall thought that was an excellent show. Few average matches early on but everything from Kyle O'Reilly Vs Darby Allin onward was fantastic

Deanjam

Quote from: Mobius on May 30, 2022, 05:49:52 AMeverything from Kyle O'Reilly Vs Darby Allin onward was fantastic

Literally the moment I stopped watching and went to bed. Great.

gmoney

Pretty amazing show considering how lukewarm it seemed going in. It was somehow paced pretty well as well, despite having too many matches. The only matches I didn't really enjoy were the Owen Cup finals, but I enjoyed the presentation with Martha.

MJF in baby blue attire raised my eyebrow.

Absolutely delighted with the result of the main event. Page is good, but personality wise I felt he was a couple of steps below top guy in the company. I'm sure he'll go on to have a compelling journey off the back of this.

kitsofan34

Another bloody Brett Hart tribute spot in the main event finish. The man's pathological.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Mobius on May 30, 2022, 05:49:52 AMOverall thought that was an excellent show. Few average matches early on but everything from Kyle O'Reilly Vs Darby Allin onward was fantastic

Yeah, I thought the show started well with MJF v Wardlow being exactly what it needed to be. MJF getting his comeuppance and powerbombed to fuckery.

And I thought Hardys v Bucks was really fun. Obviously not as good as it was 5 years ago, but still cool spots and the crowd was into it.

Jade v Anna was sadly sloppy but relatively short and the post match with Stokely and Athena was great.

HOB vs Death Triangle was ace, again elevated by the hot crowd. And we FINALLY got pay off with Julia Hart.

The Owen finals were things kind of dipped for a bit. Both matches were decent but underwhelming, especially in the case of Cole v Joe. And despite enjoying the American Top Team v Sammy, Tay, & Kaz for what it was, the crowd was pretty dead because the feud as a whole has been awful.

But then KOR v Darby on was just banger after banger and a great variety of match styles.

Also, a bloody Eddie Kingston limping down the ramp holding a petrol can is one of my favourite wrestling images.

elliszeroed

Punk not being able to do the buckshot made me laugh and wince at the same time.

Deanjam

Catching up on the rest of the show that I missed. That 10 man match was fantastic, and I say that as someone who isn't a particular fan of these types of matches. But everyone worked their arses off, and the finish, from Kingston fucking his own team over due to being a big dumb psycho, to that double submission finish was excellent. Definite 5 stars from me.

stonkers

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on May 30, 2022, 01:44:19 AMRemsberg pocketing the diamond ring felt signifcant too.

I'm hoping it was a message being sent rather than an exit and that with a bit of time off to clear the air they can get something worked out. It did feel very final though.

Bryan and Dynamite Dave reckon he's reached agreement with Tony and it's all a work now.

Deanjam

Punk/Page was ... okay. Punk was especially sloppy. That run of 2 botched Buckshots followed by a late kickout was very poor. The match never really got going for me. Also boo to no Punk heel turn.

The Crumb

That Hardy match was weird, Jeff seemed really out of it and the boot stuff killed the match for a while. Then he seemed to wake up for the finishing stretch, and did another brutal bump. I hope this final run is wrapping up pretty soon.

The way Adam Cole looks and moves is wretched. For someone with so much leg based offence, he is terrible at concealing his thigh slaps. He looks tiny in there, but doesn't work around his size like Darby or Bryan do. Unlike MJF his heeling doesn't actually help his opponent get over.

That HoB/DT match was some good zany fun.

Wonderful tender moment when the ref pulled up Punks pants.

Old Thrashbarg

It really looked like Jeff was concussed and then recovered some cognition, but I didn't see when a concussion might've occurred. And the weird disappearing act into the crowd at the end was also something a concussed person might well do. He's advertised to be wrestling this week though, which he certainly shouldn't be if he suffered a concussion.

Mobius

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on May 30, 2022, 11:31:46 PMAnd the weird disappearing act into the crowd at the end was also something a concussed person might well do.

I thought he was just taking the piss out of the "Jeff just fucked off mid-match" story from when he was in WWE recently.

Hardy's move painfully but still seem to able to go, just about. They definitely don't need to be featured as much though.

Ja'moke

I thought it was just because his boot became completely undone near the start of the match. Once he'd got it sorted, he seemed back to normal. And yeah, I assumed the running into the crowd after was a gag on the "erratic behaviour" thing, especially as Matt was chuckling in the ring.

Old Thrashbarg

Ah, wasn't aware of the WWE thing. That makes more sense.

Ja'moke

This breakdown of last night's Raw from 10:14 - 10:47 pm is insane:

Quote10:14 - Recapping the Judgment Day feud with AJ/Bálor/Liv
10:15 - Liv makes her entrance.
10:16 - HIAC promo for Raw Women's Title Match
10:17 - Commercial Break
10:20 - Promo of Titus at the Indianapolis 500
10:21 - Recapping the Theory/Ali feud earlier tonight at 9:50pm
10:22 - Backstage Interview with Ali where he is attacked by Theory.
10:23 - Cut to announce desk for reactions to what we just saw.
10:24 - Complete rundown of the HIAC card.
10:25 - Cut back to Liv in the ring with her music playing.
10:26 - Rhea's entrance which is cut off, graphic that says the match is happening next.
10:27 - Commercial Break
10:30 - Money In The Bank promo about the location moving and tickets on sale Friday.
10:30 - Announce desk segment about Memorial Day followed by lengthy video package.
10:34 - Crowd chanting USA.
10:35 - Bell finally rings for Liv vs Rhea (20 minutes after Liv's entrance)
10:37 - Commercial break
10:40 - NXT 2.0 Promo
10:41 - Liv vs Rhea resumes
10:44 - Liv Morgan wins
10:45 - Post match shenanigans
10:47 - Recap of Seth/Cody earlier

Deanjam

Quote from: oggyraiding on May 27, 2022, 01:05:03 PMA new wrestling promotion is apparently debuting in Nottingham next week. Some big names.

VIP Meet & Greet (includes signed merchandise and meet your favourite stars): £272.68

Last wrestling show I attended in that venue was TNA back in 2012, which had Sting, Hogan, Bully Ray. The arena was probably at 1/3 capacity. Would be very surprised if this new show surpasses that. When Nia Jax and Braun Strowman are your big names, you're in trouble.

Postponed due to the Jubilee and not because they couldn't sell tickets.

oggyraiding

Nottingham was an odd choice for a place to debut. I don't even think WWE stops in Nottingham often, nevermind a cringe show full of people sacked by WWE. The wrestler formerly known as Braun Strowman probably isn't the draw he thinks he is.

Having said that I may buy a ticket out of ghoulish curiosity.

Ja'moke

Deonna Purrazzo has also pulled out because she said it was completely disorganised.