Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:17:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mumsnet weirdo having a go at [spoiler]'s parents.

Started by holyzombiejesus, November 26, 2021, 05:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Some woman on mumsnet posted the following (now deleted).

Note the 'will explain more later' bit at the start.

So she posts that and loads of people agree with her and say the man should have slept on the floor with the dad and stuff like that. I was bracing myself for some horrible terfy 'gotcha' but would have never in a million years guessed it would be this...

What the fuck is wrong with people?

imitationleather

Alberon

She has a point though.

She is a totally appalling person thoughThe Mumsnet poster, not Anne FrankShe was appalling tooOnly kidding!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on November 26, 2021, 05:20:41 PMThat is fucking hilarious.

This, saw it on twitter earlier and thought it was a decent bit of trolling. My favourite part is how the thread didn't seem to be particularly stunned by the revelation and were just carrying on with "yeah I always thought that was a bit weird actually, she didn't seem to like it in her diary".

bgmnts

Fambo Number Mive

Imagine reading about Anne Frank and that being the take from it.

Aside from anything else, it wasn't a two bedroom flat, it was a tiny space of 450 square feet  that they remained in for just over two years.

beanheadmcginty

Butchers Blind

Close one, looks like those Nazis saved Anne from a fate worse than death.

thenoise

She was bloody lucky something dreadful didn't happen to her.

BlodwynPig

"...she didn't seem to like it in her diary"

I bet she didn't

Butchers Blind

touchingcloth

phantom_power

A post that manages to both sexualise a 12 year old girl and demonise some poor bloke with no evidence, when talking about Anne Frank no less, is pretty much the most mumsnet thing I can think of

pancreas

That is absolutely wonderful. touchingcloth, do you want to own up to this?

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: pancreas on November 27, 2021, 01:54:15 PMThat is absolutely wonderful. touchingcloth, do you want to own up to this?

touchingcloth DESTROYS Anne Frank on mumsnet

Kankurette

Mumsnet being shitty about Jews, quelle surprise. Only time people on there cared about us was when they wanted to stop JC and thought they were saving us by not voting for him.

And they're wanging on about migrants right now and why should we take them and why are they all men, etc. And some goober on MN Trolls actually claimed Mumsnet was left-leaning. Christ.

ETA: Frank hated the guy she roomed with but there was nothing remotely sexual going on at all.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Kankurette on November 27, 2021, 06:19:49 PMAnd they're wanging on about migrants right now and why should we take them and why are they all men, etc.
1) probably because women and children have a higher chance of being fucking trafficked
2) are they "men" or are they 18 year old boys whose mothers want them somewhere away from fucking ISIS and/or the army so they don't get recruited

touchingcloth

Quote from: pancreas on November 27, 2021, 01:54:15 PMThat is absolutely wonderful. touchingcloth, do you want to own up to this?

Me? Grassing up the Franks? To the Nazis? With my reputation?

phantom_power

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 27, 2021, 07:27:32 PM1) probably because women and children have a higher chance of being fucking trafficked
2) are they "men" or are they 18 year old boys whose mothers want them somewhere away from fucking ISIS and/or the army so they don't get recruited

And isn't it often the case that the men do the dangerous crossing and risk death in the hopes that they can settle in a country and then bring their wife and kids over in a more safe way?

Johnny Yesno

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: phantom_power on November 27, 2021, 09:10:30 PMAnd isn't it often the case that the men do the dangerous crossing and risk death in the hopes that they can settle in a country and then bring their wife and kids over in a more safe way?
Yeah, there are far more men seeking asylum than women, but it's more dangerous for women and children, and refugees do have limited rights to bring families (people they were living with before they fled, not distant relatives).

idunnosomename

imagine being such a busybody that you think there's a danger of someone you're giving refuge from the Shoah would use the opportunity to nonce your daughter

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 30, 2021, 11:48:17 AMimagine being such a busybody that you think there's a danger of someone you're giving refuge from the Shoah would use the opportunity to nonce your daughter

I'm not sure 'busybody' quite gets to the heart of this person's twisted view of the world. I really hope they're just an honest-to-goodness salt-of-the-earth troll.

touchingcloth

I don't really get the "It was Anne Frank" bit in the second post from the OP. Who was? The 50 year old man? The pair of - presumably Gentile - DDs?

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 30, 2021, 11:58:14 AMI don't really get the "It was Anne Frank" bit in the second post from the OP. Who was? The 50 year old man? The pair of - presumably Gentile - DDs?

The girl who was sharing with the 50-year-old man. The post was literally describing and questioning the Frank family's living arrangements in hiding in an attic.

Dex Sawash

How about some names of the people so I don't have to google it and then end up down the hairbrush rabbit hole like last time CaB dropped an AF factoid on me.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on November 30, 2021, 12:00:29 PMThe girl who was sharing with the 50-year-old man. The post was literally describing and questioning the Frank family's living arrangements in hiding in an attic.

But that was with the Frank family. The strangers were outside of the hiding place, so it doesn't work as a post.

I'm fine with the general thrust of the post, it's just the bad analogy which rankles.

Kankurette

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 30, 2021, 12:21:54 PMHow about some names of the people so I don't have to google it and then end up down the hairbrush rabbit hole like last time CaB dropped an AF factoid on me.
The guy Anne was sharing a room with was Fritz Pfeffer, aka Albert Dussel*, a dentist who was living in the annex with the Franks and the van Pels (aka van Daan) family. Miep Gies, one of the women who worked in the building where the annex was (and one of the 'helpers'), was one of his patients and he knew both the families. He was originally from Germany and he and his gentile girlfriend fled to the Netherlands when the Nazis got in, and then when the Netherlands was occupied, they had to live separately because of them being a mixed couple. When Pfeffer moved in, Margot shared a room with her parents, while Anne had to room with Pfeffer and the two of them got on each other's nerves, like, a LOT. This weirdo seems to think Pfeffer was some kind of sex pest. There was nothing sexual going on, if there had been Anne would have written about it (she wasn't shy about talking about her feelings for Peter van Pels, the other teen in the annex, or being a bit bicurious). He was more religious than her as well, so presumably he would have been praying a lot and that probably annoyed her as well.

(*Anne gave the other families in the annex pseudonyms. I wish Barry would bring back footnotes.)