Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:52:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Confessions Of A Paprika Seeker

Started by Dr Rock, November 29, 2021, 04:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

I don't eat crisps much, but when I do I'd like them to be paprika. But you can't find them in the big proper shops, or not online ordering anyway, they are usually found independent 24 hour booze shops. So I bought a spice jar of it, smells lovely, and got some crisps and poured the paprika in and shook the bag like Salt n Shake, and hey presto, didn't work.

Maybe use more but that would be like half the spice jar making each crisp like a five pound note. Anyway who likes paprika!

holyzombiejesus

Smoked or gtfo.

One of my favourite colour combinations is when you add a big heaped spoonful of this to a pan of Caldo Verde. The glistening deep green of the cabbage leaves looks amazing next to the bright red of the paprika.

Icehaven

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 29, 2021, 04:15:11 PMSmoked or gtfo.

Yep I think paprika flavoured crisps use smoked paprika, as regular non-smoked paprika doesn't really taste of much does it?

holyzombiejesus

I'm not sure. The only time I can recall having plain paprika is when my mum used to sprinkle a tiny bit on shelled/ boiled eggs bathed in a mixture of salad creme and milk some time in 1978.

Catalogue of ills

If you have a Polski sklep nearby, they WILL have paprika crisps, or I will eat a sheep's hoof.

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on November 29, 2021, 04:51:17 PMIf you have a Polski sklep nearby, they WILL have paprika crisps, or I will eat a sheep's hoof.

Yes, this is excellent advice. Lays and Crunchips both do paprika crisps.

I've seen Crunchips in Asda, so it might be worth a look, but I don't know if they have the paprika ones.

Dr Rock

I made it clear that I know they are in them shops but are they on deliveroo are they fuck.

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 29, 2021, 05:20:35 PMI made it clear that I know they are in them shops but are they on deliveroo are they fuck.

Sorry, realise now that my advice and your requirements are poles apart

Dr Rock

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 29, 2021, 05:20:35 PMI made it clear that I know they are in them shops but are they on deliveroo are they fuck.

Oh wait they are.

Now for a feast! Wait how much?

Dr Rock

Also I should've mentioned that it's easier to get them if they are those ridged ones, but I don't like them. I know there is a dedicated crisps thread but this is about paprika in general.

shoulders

Daddy up in heaven now guffing on paprika with the angels 😇😭💔🙏

Sebastian Cobb

wasteman spice, all the real g's use cayenne

Shit Good Nose

At the risk of being immediately shouted down, paprika Pringles (available in MOST big supermarkets) are very tasty.

Dr Rock

Yeah I had some of them and they were more thdn alright

Shit Good Nose

Honestly could do a whole tube of them in a single sitting.  For fans of strongly flavoured crisps, they seem to be the most consistently flavoured Pringle as well.

DoesNotFollow

Asda and Tesco both stock Lorenz Crunchips Paprika Crisps online. Same with Paprika Pringles. Tesco also stock Walkers Max Paprika Crisps.

Cold Meat Platter

Lidl usually have huge bags of European-style paprika crisps.

When the rebooted Battlestar Galactica was first out I went through a phase of having to say 'paprika' like Edward-James Olmos says 'Caprica'.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on November 29, 2021, 07:03:20 PMHonestly could do a whole tube of them in a single sitting.  For fans of strongly flavoured crisps, they seem to be the most consistently flavoured Pringle as well.

Does anyone else feel that if a crisp is on some kind of special offer it's more likely to be underflavoured? I know crisps are packaged differently for different price-points but do they vary the amount of flavouring added?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on November 29, 2021, 11:15:05 PMDoes anyone else feel that if a crisp is on some kind of special offer it's more likely to be underflavoured? I know crisps are packaged differently for different price-points but do they vary the amount of flavouring added?

I have a long-standing (conspiracy) theory that when a new crisp brand/flavour comes out it's absolutely bursting with flavour.  But, as time goes on, that flavour is gradually reduced.  Prime example being Kettle Chips - I remember when the salt and balsamic vinegar came out and they were proper blisters-on-the-roof-of-the-mouth strong.  Have those cunts now and they're basically ready salted.

The common exception typically being maize/corn snacks (both the el cheapo and "premium"ones), which seem to be generally consistent over time.  Also a very very special shout out to Co-Op's salt and Chardonnay wine vinegar crisps.  Almost every crisp manufacturer could learn a very valuable lesson from that bag.

Kankurette

I thought Lidl would do them. Paprika crisps are big in Germany.

Thursday

Whenever you're on holiday it's like "Oooh Paprika Crisps makes a nice change" then by the end you're cold, shaking, desperately begging for some cheese and onion.

Video Game Fan 2000

Paprika is the savoury vanilla in Europe. Don't might a tube of off-brand paprika pringles sometimes.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 29, 2021, 04:14:41 PMI don't eat crisps much, but when I do I'd like them to be paprika. But you can't find them in the big proper shops, or not online ordering anyway, they are usually found independent 24 hour booze shops. So I bought a spice jar of it, smells lovely, and got some crisps and poured the paprika in and shook the bag like Salt n Shake, and hey presto, didn't work.

Maybe use more but that would be like half the spice jar making each crisp like a five pound note. Anyway who likes paprika!

Was it definitely a jar of paprika rather than red food colouring made of beetles?

Johnny Foreigner