Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What Hill Would You Die On?

Started by Dr Rock, November 30, 2021, 10:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

For me it's either 'male infant circumcision is child abuse and should be illegal' or 'we shouldn't sod about changing the clocks twice a year'. What say thee?

pigamus

Goldentony

Goldentony

aviation and the combustion engine were a mistake

Buelligan

Goldentony

cars should still be made of rolled magnesium

Butchers Blind

We should embrace our new Covid overlord.

touchingcloth

Cuellar

Buelligan

Just make sure, when you set out, you don't take proper equipment or tell anyone where you're going.

Johnny Yesno

Johnny Foreigner

All things considered, the UK can sometimes be quite a nice country.

Bigfella

That Glasgow is the greatest city in the world.  It's beynnd dispute, so I'm onto a winner.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Bigfella on November 30, 2021, 11:43:31 AMThat Glasgow is the greatest city in the world.  It's beynnd dispute, so I'm onto a winner.

Does it have a lovey beach? Oh no, then it fails.

Bigfella

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 30, 2021, 11:46:52 AMDoes it have a lovey beach? Oh no, then it fails.
Beaches are nice, but is their absence really a dealbreaker?

Dr Rock

For me, yes, which is why I'd probably go with Barcelona.

shoulders

Daddy died on a hill now is up in heaven with the angels got his wings 😇🙏😭💔

Blue Jam

Kankurette

Dr Rock

Butchers Blind

Children should not be allowed in pubs no matter how family friendly you think they are. It's an adults only zone and should remain as such.

The Mollusk

Hank surely. Imagine how well kept the grass would be.

The Mollusk

I will always stand by my recent thread on here about how any type of palate cleansing between foods or drinks is a bourgeoise construct. If you're eating or drinking anything in such a small measure you have to make sure your mouth can receive it with unbiased objectivity to fully experience it then you are a fucking posho. Two or three mouthfuls of anything and your mouth switches to experiencing that thing to its fullest.

My other hill is that "Remission" is the only good Mastodon album and the rest is almost entirely dull shite.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Kankurette

Quote from: Butchers Blind on November 30, 2021, 12:42:15 PMChildren should not be allowed in pubs no matter how family friendly you think they are. It's an adults only zone and should remain as such.
What about dogs?

Cloud

Abstinence months (No Nut November, Dry January etc) can fuck right off, whether I choose to participate in them or not.  Even hearing about them is tedious.

shoulders

Quote from: Butchers Blind on November 30, 2021, 12:42:15 PMChildren should not be allowed in pubs no matter how family friendly you think they are. It's an adults only zone and should remain as such.

A chain pub by a motorway selling lunches and shutting at 9pm on a Sunday is not an 'adults only zone'.

Most people can tell which pubs are boozers and which are family friendly just from the outside and their own needs dictate their selection. This casual system seems to work pretty effectively from my experience.

When children were more readily shunned at pubs you had industrial quantities of 14-17 year olds being served underage anyway.