Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:46:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What Hill Would You Die On?

Started by Dr Rock, November 30, 2021, 10:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on November 30, 2021, 03:37:27 PMbinge drinking at the war memorial and the ensuing horrors.

I haven't tried this before. Is there a memorial you'd particularly recommend?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 30, 2021, 07:14:15 PMI haven't tried this before. Is there a memorial you'd particularly recommend?

Just pick one nearby that smells the most of adolescent piss. Bonus points if the flower arrangements smell of piss too.

canadagoose

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 30, 2021, 11:46:52 AMDoes it have a lovey beach? Oh no, then it fails.
This is where Edinburgh wins.

To answer the topic, I believe all houses should be built with as much sound insulation as possible, because neighbour noise is extremely irritating. Also I think we should be on GMT+1 all year. That's about it really

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 30, 2021, 07:02:11 PMPineapple has every right to be on pizza. I'm not saying you have to like it, but if you think it's inherently wrong, you are an arse.
I refer you to my earlier comment.
That too.

JamesTC

touchingcloth

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 30, 2021, 07:37:05 PMJust pick one nearby that smells the most of adolescent piss. Bonus points if the flower arrangements smell of piss too.

Just headed down and had a waz on the poppies. Red to represent blood? Nah, pissy yellow to represent MY HOT YOUNG PISS.

Kankurette

Fruit and savoury dishes do, in fact, go together.

Dr Rock

Quote from: canadagoose on November 30, 2021, 07:42:15 PMThis is where Edinburgh wins.

Yeah but I kinda like my sea not freezing cold.

Johnny Foreigner

That's right next to the Joppa pumping station with public toilets.

Johnny Foreigner

Anyroad, the best beaches are in the Outer Hebrides.

Bigfella

Quote from: canadagoose on November 30, 2021, 07:42:15 PMThis is where Edinburgh wins.

To answer the topic, I believe all houses should be built with as much sound insulation as possible, because neighbour noise is extremely irritating. Also I think we should be on GMT+1 all year. That's about it really
That too.
Nice of the photographer to not include the Grangemouth oil refinery in the background.  I'm with you on the pineapple pizza thing though.

canadagoose

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 30, 2021, 08:45:19 PMYeah but I kinda like my sea not freezing cold.
Bring a toaster on an extension lead then, that'll sort it out.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Kankurette on November 30, 2021, 08:38:23 PMFruit and savoury dishes do, in fact, go together.

As does red wine with fish.

Lt. Organphalia

The only acceptable file manager has twin, tabbed panes.

idunnosomename

sexy girls who have sex with you hill

touchingcloth

The hill that says hangovers now are the same as they've ever been.

canadagoose

Cloud

The "anti misanthropist" hill. 

Yes humanity can be shit but it's not universal and not a given. Look at animal rescuers for example. Humans can be absolutely lovely, and kind. It's perhaps that they're so kind that some get so frustrated when they're not. 

Johnny Yesno

Icehaven

There should be much greater penalties for selfish driving. Fail to stop at a crossing? Don't indicate? A year in the slammer and banned from driving for life. Both those infractions have nearly caused me to actually die on hills more than once so I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Dr Rock

Middle lane hogging is basically alright though eh? I love it there.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Cloud on December 01, 2021, 01:20:44 AMThe "anti misanthropist" hill. 

Yes humanity can be shit but it's not universal and not a given. Look at animal rescuers for example. Humans can be absolutely lovely, and kind. It's perhaps that they're so kind that some get so frustrated when they're not. 

Yes, and conversely, plenty of animals can be total cunt bastards.

Icehaven

Quote from: Dr Rock on December 01, 2021, 02:30:18 PMMiddle lane hogging is basically alright though eh? I love it there.

I'm never really sure what that means. I can't drive and I don't pay much attention to what lane we're in when I'm a passenger, why is there a middle lane if you're not supposed to drive in it?

Dr Rock

Icehaven

I've also been told by several "drivers" that when on the motorway you have to do the speed limit, in which case why are there fast and slow lanes, because technically everyone should be doing the speed limit (whatever it is) and anyone doing more or less is breaking the law? Or are they bullshitting me?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

There isn't technically a slow or a fast lane. They're overtaking lanes for passing slower moving vehicles that are going less than the speed limit. As far as I'm aware there's no obligation to go 70mph, although you might not be allowed to go 20mph or something stupid.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 01, 2021, 03:08:42 PMThere isn't technically a slow or a fast lane. They're overtaking lanes for passing slower moving vehicles that are going less than the speed limit. As far as I'm aware there's no obligation to go 70mph, although you might not be allowed to go 20mph or something stupid.

Not everything is allowed to even go 70, e.g. lorries and cars towing. Although vans are allowed to do 70 they're only allowed to do 60 on a dual carriageway and I've seen some with signs saying they've been limited to that.

Ornlu