Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:36:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bobby's little daughter's in the dock [Ghislaine Maxwell micro-thread]

Started by Paul Calf, November 30, 2021, 03:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Wee Ghissy's trial for recruiting underage girls for definitely-suicided ol' megapaed Jeff Epstein is now underway in New York.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/opening-statements-ghislaine-maxwell-sex-abuse-case-set-begin-2021-11-29/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

What's going to happen here? Has she been hung out to dry by a ravenous political, legal and media establishment baying for anyone's blood? Would she even be in the dock of Epstein hadn't conveniently taken himself out of the picturee before anything embarassing comes out?

How much chance that she'll make it to the trial, let alone the verdict?

chveik

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 30, 2021, 03:41:19 PMHas she been hung out to dry by a ravenous political, legal and media establishment baying for anyone's blood?

strange way to word it. i would say she is obviously guilty as fuck (and the trial will only cover a tiny portion of her multiple crimes)  and at the same time the establishment wants this trial to be the end of the line. the stuff that's been seized in Epstein's properties will most likely never reappear.

mothman

As chveik says, she's guilty as sin. But it's hard to know which way this will go: will the natural abhorrence the establishment have for the very idea of one of them ever suffering any consequences of their actions win out, or will they decide that in the grand scheme of things she was never really one of them and they all loathed and feared her father, so to hell with her?

But then add into the mix what she knows and could reveal if it looked like she really was going down. That there's been no indication she might tell tales suggests she's reasonably confident she'll be got off. Well that and the prospect of her turning up dead herself if she does...

bgmnts

Would be cool if she opened pandora's box live on telly and said yup all these people are megapaedos.

Even if it were to just ruin their reputations for a few months.

imitationleather

Brundle-Fly

There's a suggestion she's being thrown under a bus. A bit like being thrown off a boat, I imagine? DYSWIDT?

Paul Calf

Quote from: chveik on November 30, 2021, 04:27:35 PMstrange way to word it. i would say she is obviously guilty as fuck (and the trial will only cover a tiny portion of her multiple crimes)  and at the same time the establishment wants this trial to be the end of the line. the stuff that's been seized in Epstein's properties will most likely never reappear.

Yeah, well obviously I think so to. I was attempting balance.

buttgammon

Ferris

Found guilty of noncing but gets a laughably light sentence because Establishment, dies in extremely suspicious circumstances before any beans can be spilled with none of the several guards/cameras seeing anything, how sad so sad, never mind, few months of criticism ("we really should do something about the chronic underfunding of these jails! ...not now though") before everyone forgets, then draw a line under the whole thing and move on.

But enough about Mr Epstein, I wonder what will happen in Maxwell's trial.

Twonty Gostelow

The pilot of Epstein's private jet has just testified that he remembers Trump, Clinton, Spacey and Andy Windsor all using the plane - but that's not new information.

Court sketch makes her look like a head on a skeleton.

mothman

I'd imagine piloting private jets is quite a rarified occupation. So it wouldn't be hard to get the message across to the pilot that their future employment would be at stake. And lo and behold, what did we learn? That Maxwell knew Epstein - rather hard to deny that given all the photos; that a bunch of famous people flew on the jet - as 20G says, not exactly Brand New Information!!; that Virginia Giuffre flew on it - again not news... and he didn't see anything dodgy.

And, what's going on here?
QuoteAlthough he sported a conventional dark suit, white shirt and red striped tie, Visoski also wore black velvet slippers with a red monogram of what appeared to be his initials.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on November 30, 2021, 06:44:38 PMThe pilot of Epstein's private jet has just testified that he remembers Trump, Clinton, Spacey and Andy Windsor all using the plane - but that's not new information.

Is the screen an image of foetus or xray of child's skull?

Cerys

chveik

lol the lead prosecutor is the daughter of James Comey, former FBI director and all round cunt

Cerys

He appears to be opening his mouth in order to demonstrate the best way to chew a smurf.

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 30, 2021, 10:57:15 PMlooks nowt like her

Could be that the court artist misheard 'draw the district judge' as 'draw the David Gedge'.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on November 30, 2021, 06:44:38 PMThe pilot of Epstein's private jet has just testified that he remembers Trump, Clinton, Spacey and Andy Windsor all using the plane - but that's not new information.

Looks more like 60s/70s BBC Scotland newsreader Mary Marquis

The lawyer at the purple screen looks like the Tory numpty MSP Annie Wells.

Dr Rock

Twonty Gostelow

Some grim and explicit testimony from the first alleged victim to give evidence today, who was 14 at the time.
Of course it's wrong to jump to conclusions, but the nature of her speech and what she's saying do ring true to me. Obviously the prosecution haven't cross-examined her yet.
Maxwell reportedly showing no emotion, even when the accuser was asked to point her out in court. I often find that odd in defendants, but perhaps their counsel have instructed them not to betray any emotion.

chveik

Quote from: mothman on November 30, 2021, 07:49:20 PMI'd imagine piloting private jets is quite a rarified occupation. So it wouldn't be hard to get the message across to the pilot that their future employment would be at stake. And lo and behold, what did we learn? That Maxwell knew Epstein - rather hard to deny that given all the photos; that a bunch of famous people flew on the jet - as 20G says, not exactly Brand New Information!!; that Virginia Giuffre flew on it - again not news... and he didn't see anything dodgy.

he's lying through his teeth. the guy has worked for epstein for 30 FUCKING YEARS and was gifted a property and all kind of shit. lock him up too

Endicott

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on December 01, 2021, 01:27:59 AMSome grim and explicit testimony from the first alleged victim to give evidence today, who was 14 at the time.
Of course it's wrong to jump to conclusions, but the nature of her speech and what she's saying do ring true to me. Obviously the prosecution haven't cross-examined her yet.
Maxwell reportedly showing no emotion, even when the accuser was asked to point her out in court. I often find that odd in defendants, but perhaps their counsel have instructed them not to betray any emotion.

I think it's def possible counsel said that. On the other hand, what sort of reaction did you have in mind? Would you use your 'oh god they rumbled me' face, or your 'it wasn't me!' face? I'd be like, 'how very dare you'.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Endicott on December 01, 2021, 10:14:55 AMI think it's def possible counsel said that. On the other hand, what sort of reaction did you have in mind? Would you use your 'oh god they rumbled me' face, or your 'it wasn't me!' face? I'd be like, 'how very dare you'.
If not exasperation, maybe a shake of the head at least, I dunno. I guess any show-no-emotion instruction is something to do with appearing to be above it all because the accusations are so ludicrous and motivated by greed as to not be worth wasting breath on. (From the defence's point of view, who are almost certainly going to try to aggressively impugn the reputations of the victims.)

dissolute ocelot

Pleased with her new haircut, as she now looks less like someone I used to date.

I assume she still has lots of money for lawyers, but no idea where it's coming from. Is the family still rich? Is she getting secret money from somewhere? Did she make/steal enough from her nefarious business with Epstein? This is going to be dragged out as long as she can afford it, probably years yet. All the "poor little rich girl" shit they'll have planned for the defence. It'll end up with her getting sentenced to a couple of years and freed owing to time served and then she'll go live on another big yacht somewhere else. Because the rich don't care.

Blumf

beanheadmcginty

I always thought it would be a great idea to open an art gallery that is just a load of famous and memorable court sketches.