Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:32:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jailed blogger Craig Murray released from prison

Started by shoulders, December 01, 2021, 02:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

https://youtu.be/mKDT1OXj9FM

Apologies that this is being hosted by ALBA, who I didn't know Craig Murray supported, however wider issues to do with press freedom and indeed the direct targeting and humiliation of a man by the British state as punishment for poking his nose into their affairs makes this well worth a watch. Have read his blog for years and he has done excellent work with a fierce social conscience. It was dismaying what happened to him.

https://consortiumnews.com/2021/11/30/craig-murray-is-a-free-man/

He looks more like Noam Chomsky than his old self after the shift in prison but apparently that's temporary.

Bence Fekete

I like Murray for his JA work and other things, but I couldn't help feel there was more than a bit of selective ignorance with his case by supporters and certain commentators.

Admittedly I've only skimmed some of his Salmond court reports but it certainly appeared like he was dropping some deliberate + clear/identifiable clues as to the women's identities. Stooges or not, you can't lock up our Tommy for prancing around the foyer à la Samsung and yet turn a deliberate blind eye when Murray pulls effectively the same trick - albeit in a more subtle and literary form.

I might me missing something obvious. This might have been discussed to death on here already. I really don't have time nor inclination to understand Scottish politics or all the nuances involved tbh. It just seemed strange that he didn't realise how far he could go on what appeared to be a fairly basic procedural (and self-correctable) point.