Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

AZ is relatively shite

Started by Crenners, December 07, 2021, 07:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crenners

Seems now a load of the data is out, seems we got somewhat fucked over with AZ. I wonder whether that's another part of why we're more cunted than most, aside from all the obvious.

I'm really looking forward to a proper one for the booster. Most people I know who got ill after 2J had AZ and were still pretty fucking ill. I myself was fucked for a few weeks. Pfizer boys are walking round laughing at us.

These are my conclusions from not paying much attention these days but picking up a few fragments and pasting them into a collage of received opinion.

Is this about right?

shiftwork2

Wasn't this the vaccine that lead you to declare 'Oxford bossing it, obviously' last year?  😜😜😜

The booster program is a tacit admission that the mRNAs are better, but AZ may have the greatest global impact over time.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Wasn't this understood pretty much from the off? Even before the blood clot thing made the news, I remember hearing about AZ being generally shit, compared to the others. I was relieved when they announced that it wouldn't be administered to the under 40s, shortly before I became eligible for my first jab.

QDRPHNC

I got two AZ, no regrets. Heard Moderna is the best booster to get.

Uncle TechTip

I got two AZ then I got covid, who knows, without the jabs I might be dead now.

Crenners

Quote from: shiftwork2 on December 07, 2021, 08:08:47 AMWasn't this the vaccine that lead you to declare 'Oxford bossing it, obviously' last year?  😜😜😜

The booster program is a tacit admission that the mRNAs are better, but AZ may have the greatest global impact over time.

I think you may not realise how much contempt I have for the place. 95%  of my posts outside the 'interest' boards are mockery or playfulness.

Milo

AZ is a bit closer to traditional vaccines than your Pfizer. Not to say that it's automatically worse, medicine is full of new treatments that aren't as good as what existed before.

mothman

Quote from: QDRPHNC on December 07, 2021, 02:08:46 PMI got two AZ, no regrets. Heard Moderna is the best booster to get.
Result!

Cuellar

Fucking pissing myself at all these idiots that got AZ. Clowns!

Ian Drunken Smurf

I'll go for a Moderna having had three Pfizers so far.

jobotic

Pfizer you say? Sucker

QuotePfizer vaccine may be less effective against Omicron, early data finds
The Omicron variant can partially evade protection from the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine, according to early data from South Africa.

Prof Alex Sigal, a professor at the Africa Health Research Institute, said there was "a very large drop" in neutralisation of the Omicron variant relative to an earlier strain.

The lab tested blood from 12 people who had been vaccinated with the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine but had not received a booster shot.

Researchers found there was about a fortyfold reduction in vaccine-induced antibodies that could neutralise the Omicron variant.

The preliminary data in the manuscript has not yet been peer-reviewed.

Ferris

I'll have an AZ no problem.

2 x Moderna so far but ideally I'll have given them all a go by the end of this shit (aka my covid demise).

Jasha

AZ was always the Lidl option but could be churned out by the gallon without needing fridges or fannying about

poo

Based on fuck all evidence I think AZ possibly saved the lives of two members of my family.

Ferris

Johnson & Johnson should have marketed theirs as "no more tears (because you will go to fewer funerals)".

Missed a trick there really.

Norton Canes

Lovely big shot of Moderna just gone into my arm

It's already laughing at the traces of AZ that are still in my bloodstream

"Ah mate, you've had some real cowboys in here..."

non capisco

I finally tested positive today on literally the day my age group can bring their booster bookings forward to TOMORROW. Great timing, covid, you cock.

steveh

AZ plus Pfizer or Moderna gives greater protection than just having Pfizer or Moderna.

Ferris

Quote from: non capisco on December 08, 2021, 03:18:10 PMI finally tested positive today on literally the day my age group can bring their booster bookings forward to TOMORROW. Great timing, covid, you cock.

Shit one. You've had your vaccine so you'll be alright, and once you get your booster you'll be fucking invincible (to covid).

Cloud

The amount of crap I got for saying AZ was shit back in the day (this was on Reddit though I think, and they delete your posts on the UK covid sub if you so much as breathe the wrong way)

It's your typical cheap British "meh it'll do"

non capisco

Quote from: Ferris on December 08, 2021, 03:23:11 PMShit one. You've had your vaccine so you'll be alright, and once you get your booster you'll be fucking invincible (to covid).

Yeah, feels like a mild one so far to be fair. Slipped under the net last minute, didn't he, the floating trumpety little cunt!