Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:18:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Phantom smells with negative COVID test

Started by canadagoose, December 08, 2021, 11:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

Is anyone else having these? In the last week I've smelled

• a rotten smell in the hallway without any obvious source
  • a strange chlorine-like smell wherever I went
  • and now today, I smell Chinese takeaway (like a soy sauce and fried greens smell), but neither of us have had one recently, and K definitely doesn't have one because he's sleeping

Is it possible I've had COVID, not known it and now I smell nonsense? I tasted things completely wrongly after I had my second vaccine (sweets tasted like soap, cheese tasted weirdly sweet), but it resolved itself after a day.

Bently Sheds

I had Manky Zoflora Smells towards the tail end of my COVID earlier in the year. Yesterday Manky Zoflora Smells came back and I started feeling rough, so I did a lateral flow and it's come out Negative.

canadagoose

Quote from: Bently Sheds on December 09, 2021, 11:44:07 AMI had Manky Zoflora Smells towards the tail end of my COVID earlier in the year. Yesterday Manky Zoflora Smells came back and I started feeling rough, so I did a lateral flow and it's come out Negative.
Manky Zoflora sounds crappy. I wonder what's causing it.

poo

Check your nostrils for faeces / stale cum

flotemysost

Quote from: canadagoose on December 08, 2021, 11:55:45 PMIs anyone else having these? In the last week I've smelled

• a rotten smell in the hallway without any obvious source

Dead mouse under the floorboards

Quote from: canadagoose on December 08, 2021, 11:55:45 PMa strange chlorine-like smell wherever I went

Mouse piss, notorious for having a chemical smell

Quote from: canadagoose on December 08, 2021, 11:55:45 PMChinese takeaway (like a soy sauce and fried greens smell)

The mouse ordered a Chinese takeaway before it died

I have found that being indoors a lot more (and, back when we were in lockdown) generally having fuck all to do did sometimes heighten my observation of the stuff that was around me. Last year I became convinced there was a gas leak in my flat, to the point where I'd obsessively stand stock-still gulping in lungfuls of air, silencing any music or other distractions just so I could be really sure, when in actual fact it was probably the leeks I'd just cooked or the new brand of coffee I'd just brewed (there was actually a minor gas leak as it happens, but that probably wasn't what I was smelling - that was possibly the one time my full-blown lockdown anxiety/madness came in handy).

Anyway, the most common olfactory issue among people I know who've had it has been a prolonged inability to smell shit, sweat or onions, but I'm sure phantom odours are very possible too.

canadagoose

Quote from: flotemysost on December 12, 2021, 09:42:52 PMDead mouse under the floorboards

Mouse piss, notorious for having a chemical smell

The mouse ordered a Chinese takeaway before it died

I have found that being indoors a lot more (and, back when we were in lockdown) generally having fuck all to do did sometimes heighten my observation of the stuff that was around me. Last year I became convinced there was a gas leak in my flat, to the point where I'd obsessively stand stock-still gulping in lungfuls of air, silencing any music or other distractions just so I could be really sure, when in actual fact it was probably the leeks I'd just cooked or the new brand of coffee I'd just brewed (there was actually a minor gas leak as it happens, but that probably wasn't what I was smelling - that was possibly the one time my full-blown lockdown anxiety/madness came in handy).

Anyway, the most common olfactory issue among people I know who've had it has been a prolonged inability to smell shit, sweat or onions, but I'm sure phantom odours are very possible too.
Probably is bloody mice, right enough. This city is infested with them. I think I'm like you in smelling things often due to being inside, although I've always been pretty sensitive to smell.

Quote from: poo on December 11, 2021, 08:10:43 AMCheck your nostrils for faeces / stale cum
Could also be this.