Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:28:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The grotesque, the deplorable, the insufferable Lloyd-Webber

Started by shoulders, December 17, 2021, 02:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Would theatre be doing better from the government if it was represented by someone other than the gargoyle Lloyd-Webber?

They seem to have decided that only he will provide statements on behalf of an entire industry.

He must realise that his sheer presence is repulsive and counteractive to any agenda he intends to pursue.

I feel sick laughing at him too, laughing that he is being crushed by an extension of his own elitist, exceptionalist Tory ideology, because behind the gargoyle are real people suffering.

It's all messy but he could really help by vanishing in a puff of smoke and into an out of order pub cistern in Eccles.

flotemysost

He could probably flog a couple of bits from his private collection of Pre-Raphaelite art and keep a small venue going for a decent while. (I meant, not that they should be in anyone's private collection in the first place, but that's a separate gripe.)

One of the things I like about my current area is the number of small theatres and pub venue type places nearby, I've tried to support them as much as I can this year by going to their cafes for a coffee or a pint (before performances had resumed) - one in particular has a great outdoor people-watching spot - and booking tickets (when performances had come back), but I imagine they're currently being gutted yet again by audiences being (understandably!) hesitant to book, cancellations, and staff isolating in their droves. The fact that the National Theatre was laying off FOH staff last year was pretty scary.

Chuck us a Millais will ya Andy

Johnny Foreigner

I do not perceive any connexion betwixt theatre and Andrew Lloyd-Webber.

Twit 2

We cower in our shelters
With our hands over our ears
Lloyd-Webber's awful stuff
Runs for years and years and years
An earthquake hits the theatre
But the operetta lingers
Then the piano lid comes down
And breaks his fucking fingers

bgmnts

Monk in a wind tunnel is one of the funniest descriptors of a human I've ever heard though, to be fair to him.

Dex Sawash