Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:35:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

WITCHER!

Started by Dex Sawash, December 17, 2021, 06:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Still shit but gonna watch anyway?

druss

Many problems with it but very enjoyable. Greater than the sum of its parts.

wooders1978

It's decent enough adaptation-wise - I like cavills geralt and it rollicks along well enough

Crenners

Amazing to think that when the first series arrived, there was no Covid-19, we were still in the EU and Gazza had just scored a worldy against Scotland.

Poobum

Really enjoyed episode 1, Tormund has a lovely cat. I think they adapted the original tale really well.

Episode 2 was some proper body horror. Seems they've nailed the casting of Vesemir, though Lambert not so much, but I think that's partly a problem of the Witcher 3 being one of my favourite games. As odd as an American accent is in a fantasy setting, I like that version of Lambert a lot more. Also
Spoiler alert
Eskel dying
[close]
makes me wonder what other divergences they'll be.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I'll probably check it out. The first series was pretty naff, but I've stuck with worse (e.g. the Cowboy Bebop remake). If you had to choose, though, I would recommend Castlevania over this.

druss

Second episode butchered the source material.

Dex Sawash

Finished now, no idea who that was at the end.

brat-sampson

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 01, 2022, 12:26:35 AMFinished now, no idea who that was at the end.

It was
Spoiler alert
Duny/Urcheon, the guy with the curse at the banquet where Geralt was first promised his Surprise in the first series. Ciri's real father.
[close]

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I finally bothered with this. It's okay, I suppose.

I should probably have recapped the first series because I barely remembered what was going on. Fair enough, it's been two years since the first series, but it doesn't help that the supporting cast is mostly a charisma void. Not to always bring it back to Game of Thrones, but the bit parts on that were good enough to be the leads on this. Keep Jaskier around at least for a bit of personality.

I got swept up by the main plot towards the end, but I could hardly care less about the elves and Iran Cintra. I assume that's all building to something, but I'd rather they chuff off in favour of a series of episodic monster hunts.

Does it set off people's iPhones when they keep saying Siri?

Klara Sjoberg

Forgot about this.

Series two very nearly cruised by without me noticing.