Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:31:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 21, 2021, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

We got a load of emails from Ferris Jr's nursery admin about regular testing, checking if you're sick, staying home if you have a single symptom etc etc. Fair enough, small kids aren't vaccinated so makes sense.

Turns out she came in symptomatic Thursday and Friday, now 6 kids and two teachers got it. Superb effort.

(Son is fine, tested negative. I think he's been exposed several times - not least to me before my positive test result came back - and has consistently tested negative by rapid test and PCR so he must have some level of immunity at this point. Not as good as a vaccination, but it is nice to think about, even if there's no practicable way of knowing.)

katzenjammer

QuoteA folk singer from the Czech Republic has died after deliberately catching Covid, her son has told the BBC.
Hana Horka, 57, was unvaccinated and had posted on social media that she was recovering after testing positive, but died two days later.

The description of her death is scary, goes to show Covid isn't something anyone should be taking lightly despite the supposedly 'milder' variants

QuoteOn Sunday morning, the day she died, Ms Horka said she was feeling better and dressed to go for a walk. But then her back started hurting, so she went to lie down in her bedroom.
"In about 10 minutes it was all over," her son said. "She choked to death".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60050996

Fambo Number Mive

Covid deniers have apparently been reporting "crimes" related to Covid vaccination in Oxfordshire

Thames Valley Police said it was aware of 'a number of incidents' where vaccination centres had been targeted and people had tried to report 'what they believe to be criminal offences' relating to the vaccine.

Quote...POLICE were said to be stepping up patrols in response to sceptics challenging staff at vaccination sites and visiting police stations to report supposed crimes relating to the Covid-19 jab.

Thames Valley Police said it was aware of 'a number of incidents' where vaccination centres had been targeted and people had tried to report 'what they believe to be criminal offences' relating to the vaccine...

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19862474.thames-valley-police-patrol-covid-vaccination-site-protests/

Ferris

If you're motivated by barmy libertarianism, shouldn't you recognize the rights of other people and their choice(s) to get vaccinated?

No logic to these people, that's their problem.

I love the logic of these nutters. Deep state plot. Trust no-one. Report it to Thames Valley Police.

SpiderChrist

Like a lot of "anarchists" of my acquaintance who think Kropotkin is a kind of vodka and mutual aid was a gig at Wembley in 1986. Selfish dicks.

monkfromhavana

Danny Rampling on Twitter today with a little video talking about how he isn't a citizen, but is a "sovereign being", whatever one of those is.

olliebean

Presumably whatever Rees-Mogg's daddy was on about in his book about "Sovereign Individuals."

Fambo Number Mive

Antivaxxers try to have a police officer arrested for not arresting vaccine centre staff: https://twitter.com/BadVaccineTakes/status/1484556238759370757

evilcommiedictator

lolololololol can anyone say "mass spreading event"? Get all the unvaxxed in a studio and begin the coughing
https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1484944075337912321

mothman

Picture the scene. The antivaxxers file dutifully into the theatre, fury already etched into their piggy little faces. They sit down as recording begins. But soon a sense of unease begins to percolate through the auditorium. Who ARE these people on the stage? Where is Nige? Lozza? One of the Fairbrasses maybe? Shouldn't there be a Tory? And an independent who's really a Tory? The other two up there don't look like a Labour or a Lib Dem... Was that sound the doors at the back being locked? And why does everyone on stage - and the BBC staff - all have machine guns all of a sudden?

Then the firing starts...

buttgammon

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on January 22, 2022, 10:48:49 PMlolololololol can anyone say "mass spreading event"? Get all the unvaxxed in a studio and begin the coughing
https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1484944075337912321

The panelists will be Piers Corbyn, Ian Brown, the bloke from Right Said Fred and (fingers crossed) Keith Starmer, Graham Linehan, the entire government and other people I don't like.

mothman

I'm kidding of course - they'd use gas. A nice ironic touch for all these cunts who equate lockdown measured and mask mandates with the way the Nazis behaved!

Dayraven

Quotehe isn't a citizen, but is a "sovereign being", whatever one of those is.
This is Sovereign Citizen/Freemen on the Land type stuff, which is an utterly bizarre pile of 'what if the law worked like a conspiracy theory' thinking.

I think, with that, he'll be trying to assert a distinction between his status in law and his existence as an actual person, which in Sovereign Citizen thinking is a really important disconnect rather than an incidental philosophical point.

Crenners

I love all that shit. Reciting a sentence from a revised Magna Carta which they don't understand, with no relevance to anything, which they think sounds emphatic, authoritative and grandiose.

Palliative tier Dunning Kruger losers.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteAnti-vax campaigners are using a "crime number" issued to them by the police to claim vaccination centres are breaking the law.

They were given the number after making a formal allegation to the Metropolitan Police that vaccines are dangerous.

Police say it "merely acknowledges" an allegation has been received but there is currently no criminal investigation.

On Thursday, campaigners tried to close a centre in Stockport, falsely claiming police were investigating a crime.

Greater Manchester Police say officers were called by a group saying a crime was being committed at the health centre and it wanted the police to "seize the evidence".

In a video shot by the protesters, one man falsely claims there is a "live criminal case", which will be "fought through the courts"...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60083474

Crenners

Cargo pants, army surplus jacket, stinking of fried eggs and a massive fucking bulging red head. *POP*

SpiderChrist

Quote from: monkfromhavana on January 22, 2022, 06:21:39 PMDanny Rampling on Twitter today with a little video talking about how he isn't a citizen, but is a "sovereign being", whatever one of those is.

An acquaintance of mine started sharing Rampling's videos on Facebook. Supposed to be working alongside him at a festival in June, but right now I think I'd be happy if I never saw him again.

Kankurette

CW: Mumsnet

This absolute fucking idiot thinks you can't call yourself pro-choice if you think vaccines should be mandatory. Because having an abortion and getting a jab are exactly the same thing.

katzenjammer

And lots of commenters agree with them. I was a bit unimpressed to see someone here hijacking pro choice slogans to support their vaccine hesitancy too

buttgammon

Quote from: katzenjammer on January 23, 2022, 11:58:48 AMAnd lots of commenters agree with them. I was a bit unimpressed to see someone here hijacking pro choice slogans to support their vaccine hesitancy too

The anti-choice set who campaigned against the legalisation of abortion in Ireland for years like to steal the slogans to complain about having to wear a mask in shops.

Kankurette

Comparing abortion to having a vaccine is apples and oranges, but when have antivaxxers EVER been logical?
Quote from: katzenjammer on January 23, 2022, 11:58:48 AMAnd lots of commenters agree with them. I was a bit unimpressed to see someone here hijacking pro choice slogans to support their vaccine hesitancy too
Same.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Crenners on January 23, 2022, 09:19:34 AMI love all that shit. Reciting a sentence from a revised Magna Carta which they don't understand, with no relevance to anything, which they think sounds emphatic, authoritative and grandiose.

Palliative tier Dunning Kruger losers.

It's like a sketch from Jam. The one where Julia Davis tries to get her friend's car out of the pound. Too stupid to realise they've lost the argument.

I see that Neil Young has told spotify to delete all his music or ban antivax propaganda. Nice one Neil.

buttgammon

That must be a bit of a pickle for Spotify, because I'm sure antivax nonsense is pretty lucrative.

Fambo Number Mive

Very sad in Italy, where a 28 year old who did not believe in covid and was not vaccinated has died. This person initially refused treatment and had to be persuaded to keep his oxygen mask on.

His father, who also does not believe covid exists, is on a ventilator.

You wonder how many people like this could have been saved if there hadn't been so much covid denial and antivax nonsense on social media and in the press.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/man-28-who-didnt-believe-26040044

beanheadmcginty

Ferris

The sovereign citizen stuff is enjoyably bonkers.

Imagine if it worked like that - no I don't recognize the State's right to exist so now I'm not going to pay any taxes or follow any laws unless I fancy it.

I'm assuming it never works, so why does it have such a following? It's like a "one weird trick! Governments hate it!" thing for politics that got out of hand that presumably has a ~0.00% success rate.

Kankurette

It doesn't matter how many antivaxxers die, the stupid twats will tie themselves in knots to insist COVID is just flu.

Zetetic

Quote from: Ferris on January 25, 2022, 05:16:17 PMI'm assuming it never works, so why does it have such a following? It's like a "one weird trick! Governments hate it!" thing for politics that got out of hand that presumably has a ~0.00% success rate.
That's an interesting question, because - in contrast to the 'ViD - I'd have thought it's pretty deterministic.

Ferris

Yeah if you make up a "cure" for covid, either it "works" because "look: I didn't die from it! See?! it's proof!" or it doesn't work, in which case you're too dead to correct the record.

But pretending you don't have to abide by legislation or whatever will likely never work so why do people abide by it? Why does anyone gravitate to any conspiracy theory I suppose.