Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:09:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2022

Started by dr beat, January 01, 2022, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr beat

And so it begins.  Masters soon, or let's hope so! Anyway as you were, you should all know the drill by now.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Johnny Textface

This year I'm going to try and put everything I have into this thread

the Fallen

who is the worst snooker person

BINGHAM?

I like to know

I watch the balls dawdle into pockets yes but I need to know who to root for

Morality Snooker you see

sevendaughters

feel I need a day at the snooker after the weather ruined my day in Llandudno. I think I'm going to do 2/3 days of the WC qualifying if it falls ok in my timetable.

Blue Jam

Apocalypse pending, dr beat and I should be at the opening match of the Masters on Sunday (40th birthday tasty treat, thanks darling xxx). We should be seeing defending champion Yan Bingtao vs Mark Williams. I'd been looking forward to seeing the famous Williams break, and also wondering if The Welsh Putting Machine will still be hobbling round in his gout bootie, when I found this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurosport.com/snooker/northern-ireland-open/2021-2022/mark-williams-blames-veggie-diet-for-gout-that-forced-him-to-wear-slippers-at-northern-ireland-open-_sto8585394/story-amp.shtml

QuoteWilliams, renowned for his love of fast food, said that a switch to vegetarianism may have prompted the gout.

"A couple of weeks before it happened, for no reason I stopped eating meat and went on a vegetarian diet for a couple of weeks – and then I got gout!

SO SOD IT, I'M GOING TO EAT AS MUCH MEAT, CHICKEN AND BACON AS I WANT NOW. I'M BACK ON THE KEBABS.

Chinny reckon but whatever, you LEDGE. Dedicated to becoming the Bill Werbeniuk of junk food.

kidney

Snooker fact of the Day: Ryan Day (heh) is married to his aunt*.

*stepmother's sister

Blue Jam

No-one watching the UK Seniors then? Hot top 16 geriaction on the BBC now:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/snooker/58947060

Blue Jam

Jimmy White actually playing well tonight.

A small crowd present in Hull but the applause is still being piped in via what sounds like someone's phone. Pure deso.

Blue Jam

Nice tribute to Willie Thorne on now, even featuring his best friend Gary Lineker. I hope Biggy is watching.

Blue Jam

Watching Cliff Thorburn talking about "snucker".

Off to London for the Masters tomorrow. Packing my wasp repellent as I type.

Blue Jam

dr beat and I made it to London for the Masters. Which hotel do the top 16 stay in? I fancy a snooker safari and a top bit of deso.

DocDaneeka

The Seniors snooker final coverage has been interrupted by a "temporary fault". Booooo! I want to watch the old duffers!

Blue Jam

dr beat and I are headed to Ally Pally in a bit. We arrived in London a couple of days ago and ended up spending yesterday afternoon here:

https://www.spots8stripes.com/

Website is out of date, and despite the name they only have English pool and darts, but pool is a quid a game. Bit of a hipsterish place in a railway arch, they've got Camden Brewery stuff on tap. Clientele is pretty young and a curious mix of giggling students struggling to keep the balls on the tables and deadly serious darts players looking ultra-focused as they bang out treble 20s. Bit of a bargain afternoon out for London and I can recommend it if you're looking to play a bit of cue sport in a non-scary environment.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 09, 2022, 10:59:07 AMWebsite is out of date, and despite the name they only have English pool and darts, but pool is a quid a game.
It's a sign of how long it is since I've played pool in a pub that the last time I did, it was about 30p.

Blue Jam

We've just taken our seats. Look out for a University of American Samoa sweatshirt in the fourth row up to the left of the table.

Blue Jam

Ally Pally is nice. Nowhere near deso enough for snooker.

The Crumb

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 09, 2022, 12:35:05 PMAlly Pally is nice. Nowhere near deso enough for snooker.

Make sure to head to Green Lanes afterwards and get a delicious Turkish feast. Gokyuzu is the classic, but you can't really go wrong. Can also recommend the Goodness Brewing Co taproom if you like modern taproom chic and pizza.

paddy72

Mr Brownstone as Williams' walk-on music? Bit uncouth for the snooker.

sevendaughters

how many days you there for Beat/Jam?

druss

Multiple times they've mentioned that Yan's victory maybe shouldn't count as much as titles won in front of crowds. Does that mean Ronnie is still on 5 world titles then BBC lads? Only won the final in front of crowds against a tearful feline, the rest was behind closed doors.

justin_bennett

Mark Williams' sponsor is his wife's travel agency - top quality Wix website and she's punting Valentines trips to New York and Vegas in These Covid Times on her Insta.

shoulders

Looks like Gouty has met his match here.

The World's Thinnest Fat Man vs. The World's Fattest Thin Man.

DocDaneeka

Need a really big G'waaan Yan from Blue Jam & Dr Beat ASAP.

shoulders

https://youtu.be/rnQJqytLNZA

Proper crush on snooker ref Desislava Bozhilova.

The more austere she behaves, the more... Well.

It is all above board, I assure you.

Blue Jam

Quote from: sevendaughters on January 09, 2022, 01:47:44 PMhow many days you there for Beat/Jam?

Having a long weekend in London but just the one match for us. Heading home tomorrow AM.

Quote from: DocDaneeka on January 09, 2022, 04:01:20 PMNeed a really big G'waaan Yan from Blue Jam & Dr Beat ASAP.

You do know I'm Welsh, right? I was rooting for The Wetherspoons Potting Machine all the way.

Top day out that, thanks to dr beat for the best 40th birthday present ever. Not even the wasps (and there are bloody LOADS of them) could interrupt things too much.

shoulders