Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:18:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2022

Started by selectivememory, January 04, 2022, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

New thread for the new year. Big news today is that Djokovic has wangled a medical exemption so he doesn't have to get a vaccine to enter Australia:

Quote from: shoulders on January 04, 2022, 11:12:33 AMhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/59865959

What a cunt

Australia can fuck off too.

Quote from: buttgammon on January 04, 2022, 11:15:11 AMFor fuck's sake. On what grounds has he got that?

Quote from: Deanjam on January 04, 2022, 11:50:54 AMMoney!!!

Pretty disgusting decision. His fans booed even the mention of the vaccine after last year's Australian Open final, but I imagine he'll get a rougher reception this time around from the Melbourne tennis fans who aren't part of his weird, cult-like fanbase.

Anyway, all gets underway in a couple of weeks. Nice to see Osaka's over there, as she hasn't played since the US Open and I thought she might be on a longer break from the sport.

chveik

Crenners

Hope da guy gets it and gets a helluva shock 😂

chveik

Deanjam

18 double faults in 10 service games is quite the feat.

selectivememory

Haha. Jeez, if she had a brain she'd be dangerous.

Meanwhile, sounds like entering into Australia isn't going so smoothly now for Djokovic. Some complications with his visa or something. If he gets turned away after travelling all the way from Europe, the schadenfreude would be off the charts for me:

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulsakkal/status/1478713461202817026

QuoteDjokovic landed about 30 mins ago. Federal officials realised hours before his visa application was erroneous. Border Force asked Vic authorities to support visa, which was rejected. BF has discretion to allow entry, but his pathway in is uncertain

Cuellar

Bad luck Djokovic mate

😂😂😂

peanutbutter

I do wonder how much of a cunt Djokovic will be after he retires; like, if he's barely able to keep a lid on it to protect millions in sponsorship deals and whatnot, what the hell is he gonna be like without those incentives.

Half hope he breaks the record at the Australian Open, bit inevitable he's gonna break it, would be better he got it without the associated redemption arc.

Crenners

Best is he gets loooooonnnngggg Covid first and that's the cunt done 😂😂😂

rjd2

Not sure really what to make of Novak yep he is a berk , but I really don't want Zverev to win it and if Novak is out then yeah Zverev is clear 2nd fav with Med the obvious fav.

Very weak field really, Tipsy probably won't play, Berrettini just back from injury and Nadal not played in ages

Deanjam

Djokovic is definitely gonna go into Serbian politics when he's done. That should be very revealing.

shoulders

Quote from: Deanjam on January 05, 2022, 06:50:27 PMDjokovic is definitely gonna go into Serbian politics when he's done. That should be very revealing.

Yep, was coming here to say that. Serbia mad enough for someone of his stature to get elected for sure, with the right backing. He should have a look what went wrong for Shevchenko though.

I guess we'll find out how much he likes Bosniaks and my off colour remarks about him reminding me of a gangly Srebrenica adjutant might end up closer than I could have dared imagine.

buttgammon

Ages ago, I made a joke about how Djokovic reminds me of Radovan Karadžić being mad into alternative medicine when he was on the run. It wasn't a serious thought at the time but I'm increasingly worried that that's where we're heading. He already has plenty of idiot followers.

selectivememory

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulsakkal/status/1478836799195664386

QuoteBreaking: Novak Djokovic's visa has been cancelled. He's been told to leave the country today, two sources confirmed to
@theage
. His Lawyers are in the process of appealing. He's not demonstrated to Border Force sufficient evidence for his exemption

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

buttgammon

bgmnts

Def makes up for their shite environmental stance recently. Beautiful.

Thursday

Those responsible for clearing him must have known what they were doing. Send him on a flight to Australia, have him held at the airport for a day, and then send him back. Geniuses.

Crenners

bye djok mate 😂😂😂

Hope you catch it on the plane home tosser 😂😂😂

Deanjam

I don't know what brings me more joy. Him being refused or his insane fanbase losing their shit over it. Hope it doesn't get overturned.

Crenners

Tennis fans are fucking losers

Mobius

Aussie government doing something right for a change

FredNurke

I'm always surprised to be reminded that he has fans.

Still willing to bet it's only some injections he's bothered about...

imitationleather

Can't wait for the episode of Aussie Border Cunts on Pick TV about this.

chveik

lol fuck off you thicko.

off to have a big wank reading mens tennis forum

Deanjam

Apparantly he can't appeal until he leaves Australia. So he may have to head home to do that anyway.

selectivememory

Quote from: Deanjam on January 05, 2022, 09:45:35 PMI don't know what brings me more joy. Him being refused or his insane fanbase losing their shit over it. Hope it doesn't get overturned.

His fanbase are truly special. Some of them will genuinely think Federer has something to do with this.

bgmnts

The idea of a special session in the UN to discuss Djok is really funny. Mentalists.

selectivememory

Possibly the funniest thing in all of this is that he probably would have gotten in if he had resisted the impulse to gloat about getting an exemption before travelling over there. But he caused a massive public backlash in Australia, and this is probably a political response to that.

Apparently there are a few other players in the country already who also have an exemption, but we don't know who they are. He could have just kept his mouth shut!

rjd2

Quote from: selectivememory on January 05, 2022, 10:16:36 PMPossibly the funniest thing in all of this is that he probably would have gotten in if he had resisted the impulse to gloat about getting an exemption before travelling over there. But he caused a massive public backlash in Australia, and this is probably a political response to that.

Apparently there are a few other players in the country already who also have an exemption, but we don't know who they are. He could have just kept his mouth shut!

Possibly some of the women? I know Svitolina and Sabalenka were anti vaccine previously.

shoulders

Hopefully no-one will let him in so he claims asylum on SEALAND.