Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:23:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

License fee gone 2027

Started by madhair60, January 16, 2022, 12:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencalx

Loads of countries have a licence fee or something like it - I fondly recall while living in Germany being asked if I owned a radio, to which I happily answered yes, and was then required on the spot to fill out a standing order mandate to license it. I wouldn't have minded so much if (a) someone had bothered to tell me and (b) the state-supported stations didn't carry any advertising.

idunnosomename

Quote from: buzby on January 18, 2022, 09:45:49 AMJapan still has a licence fee to fund NHK - £87 for terrestrial only and £154 for terrestrial and satellite. Every household has to pay it too, even if you have a TV that can't receive NHK.
animes tax

poo

Overhaul the news and stop their employees fucking kids and the BBC's sorted

Wadded Beef

Quote from: buzby on January 18, 2022, 09:45:49 AMJapan still has a licence fee to fund NHK - £87 for terrestrial only and £154 for terrestrial and satellite. Every household has to pay it too, even if you have a TV that can't receive NHK.

The NHK fee door-knockers are also notorious for their aggressive ways of getting people to pay up.

https://soranews24.com/2019/02/17/japans-public-broadcaster-leaving-threatening-notes-on-peoples-doorsteps/