Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:25:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Abbott Elementary (New ABC sitcom from Quinta Brunson)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, January 20, 2022, 08:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

I mostly ignore network sitcoms these days but I'd heard good things about this, with comparisons being made to The Office and Parks and Recs. The first episode suggests that it might be a fun little show too, as creator Quinta Brunson stars as a fairly new teacher in a school which is desperately underfunded, and so has to cope with dwindling resources as well as kids pissing themselves and being annoying. It feels a little more realistic than those two shows, though the headmistress is their attempt at doing a wacky Steve Carrell character who's egotistical and unaware of how people dislike her, but there's one issue that I have with it, and that's it's another fucking mockumentary which uses the talking heads device, and even worse the "Someone stares at the camera quizzically" when something odd or weird is said. It's a shame as I'm fed up to the back teeth with the latter, but hopefully they'll dial back on it and certainly the setting and cast of characters suggests it'll be an enjoyable watch.