Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:57:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Meatloaf - Heaven Cant Wait

Started by Tony Tony Tony, January 21, 2022, 08:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I think it's just minced beef pressed into a loaf shape.

Goldentony

its a loaf of meat mate, meat in a loaf

shoulders

Father, they have combined Meat and Loaf in a new hellish way

mothman

Paradise by the crematorium's pilot light.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The irony is, of course, that Meat Loaf absolutely hated meat loaf. "Povvo-tier bag lady shit" he called it.

Video Game Fan 2000

Interesting fact I learned: Meat is the name of the band, Loaf is the name is the singer.

bgmnts

Meat and the Loaves would be a great name.

Butchers Blind

Common misunderstanding is that MeatLoaf never ate a bat on stage, it was Ronnie James Dio from the band Ronnie.

kalowski

Jasha

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

From the diary of Marvin Lee Aday, aged 14:

Good rock star names to use when I'm famous:

Hotpot
Faggots in Gravy
Meat Loaf
Strawberry Mivvi

Malcy

Have a vague recollection of watching him collect an award and being asked "so Meat, you said you'd do anything for love but won't do that. What is 'that exactly" and he says "rimming". Did this happen?

Also i remember while at college a guy used to come into the pub at the same time every day like clockwork, order a pint and a whisky and put 'Back Into Hell' the instrumental track off Bat Out Of Hell II, on and by the time it had finished he be gone again. Every day.

idunnosomename

how he got the name Meatloaf is at least a less dismal origin story than Captain Beefheart

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Malcy on January 21, 2022, 09:27:40 PMAlso i remember while at college a guy used to come into the pub at the same time every day like clockwork, order a pint and a whisky and put 'Back Into Hell' the instrumental track off Bat Out Of Hell II, on and by the time it had finished he be gone again. Every day.

This guy sounds awesome.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Malcy on January 21, 2022, 09:27:40 PMi remember while at college a guy used to come into the pub at the same time every day like clockwork, order a pint and a whisky and put 'Back Into Hell' the instrumental track off Bat Out Of Hell II, on and by the time it had finished he be gone again.

'Till the morning comes, presumably

Ray Travez

Ferris

Unvaccinated overweight man in his mid 70s dies of covid.

His collaborator Jim Steinman died last year of kidney failure/pneumonia/and or "a short disease" depending on your newspaper or choice so it's not a stretch to read between the lines and chalk that one up to covid and/or being unvaccinated too.

Cut down in their primes.

Butchers Blind

kalowski

jobotic

Quote from: Ferris on January 21, 2022, 10:22:09 PMUnvaccinated overweight man in his mid 70s dies of covid.

His collaborator Jim Steinman died last year of kidney failure/pneumonia/and or "a short disease" depending on your newspaper or choice so it's not a stretch to read between the lines and chalk that one up to covid and/or being unvaccinated too.

Silly, silly boys

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 21, 2022, 09:40:29 PMhow he got the name Meatloaf is at least a less dismal origin story than Captain Beefheart

It comes from a bullying high school teacher giving him the cruel nickname "Todd Rundgren" in gym class

mothman

Quote from: Malcy on January 21, 2022, 09:27:40 PMAlso i remember while at college a guy used to come into the pub at the same time every day like clockwork, order a pint and a whisky and put 'Back Into Hell' the instrumental track off Bat Out Of Hell II, on and by the time it had finished he be gone again. Every day.

Perhaps it was the old man I used to see on the London to Brighton train. Same one, same time, every day. Same seat. An old grey man in an old grey suit. He'd sit there. Methodically drinking two cans of Stones bitter. Staring straight ahead. Into an abyss only he could see. He'd seen some shit, that much was plain.

Shaky

Just learned he changed his name to Michael in 1984, so we've been wrong for all these years. How the fuck was that not better known?

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Shaky on January 22, 2022, 01:19:32 AMJust learned he changed his name to Michael in 1984, so we've been wrong for all these years. How the fuck was that not better known?

Was that because of the Levi's 'Fat Marvin' thing?

mothman

kalowski