Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:57:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker Corruption

Started by Menu, January 21, 2022, 05:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menu

Is it worrying to any other snooker fans here that nothing was done about that obvious corruption between two Chinese players the other week? I mean, what would the authorities be scared about in banning the player who was clearly trying to lose(I think the other guy was actually trying to highlight the issue). The fact the WPBSA/WST/Matchroom have done nothing about it makes me concerned that this is only the tip of the iceberg. Former poster Midnight Shambler once said that nearly every player was attached to some gang or other, and that corruption is widespread. I often think about that - although when I mentally go through the personalities of the top 32 I can't identify too many who seem like they'd go along with any dodgy stuff(a couple of obvious exclusions to that).

So......do YOU think there's a problem with corruption in snooker?

dr beat

But didn't the Shambler (hi if you're out there) say that players are generally wise enough not to do any dodgy stuff in televised games?

According to Clive Everton, at least back in the day the authorities were quite hot on monitoring betting patterns.  I guess that is much more difficult these days.

Menu

I'm sure it's usually very difficult. But this one seemed like a slamdunk.

Menu

Quote from: dr beat on January 21, 2022, 05:15:01 PMBut didn't the Shambler (hi if you're out there) say that players are generally wise enough not to do any dodgy stuff in televised games?

But that in itself is terrible. I don't want them attached to gangs at all, even if they don't do it at the Worlds. I just can't picture, like, Neil Robertson making small talk with some Ronnie Kray mad bastard, and agreeing to go in-off in the third frame. Makes my skin crawl.

Glebe