Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:12:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Metropolitan Police is a criminal gang part 32589476439

Started by Gurke and Hare, January 24, 2022, 03:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

Ferris

Read that this morning, unbelievable. Why do they have CCTV if it just records their crimes? I suppose that's why they fight so hard to withhold the footage.

Buelligan

Just thought I'd bump this (better) thread and add some music.  Play it very loudly.

When I see stuff like this I genuinely find it amazing that cunts like these don't get taken to the countryside and beaten to death.

shoulders

QuoteDuff was arrested on 5 May 2013 on suspicion of obstructing and assaulting police after trying to hand a legal advice card to a 15-year-old caught in a stop-and-search sweep in Hackney – allegations she was later cleared of in court. She was taken to Stoke Newington police station, where Sgt Kurtis Howard, in charge of the custody area, ordered the search when she refused to cooperate with officers

Absolutely fucking foul. This is what happens when you give police too much power. They single out, isolate and trample on anything they perceive as a challenge to their overarching authority. Show any resistance and they make a point of demoralising and humiliating you.

When they can't do their jobs through lack of funding or incompetence they do it through power plays like this. Fear and intimidation.

shoulders

Policing can only happen by consent. London should rise up and say we no longer recognise your authority as our police force.

Quote from: Buelligan on January 24, 2022, 03:30:10 PMJust thought I'd bump this (better) thread and add some music.  Play it very loudly.

Let's get a playlist going!

Janie Jones

It's not just the Met. My friend works in HR for the police and in a recent interview panel she was running for some admin posts, the pigs present were commenting on the shagability of the candidates in front of my friend and her boss, who both said nothing. It's kind of a bantz-test, to see if you're a humourless squealer or whether you're a sound head-screwed-on kinda person who will let the filth get on with doing their important jobs in difficult circumstances.

Buelligan

They're so sure people will be too afraid to speak out.  That's how they keep control.

bgmnts

Quote from: shoulders on January 24, 2022, 03:46:23 PMPolicing can only happen by consent. London should rise up and say we no longer recognise your authority as our police force.

And get beaten down and murdered by that same police force?

Ferris

Just read that the Met cleared the officers in question so that's a relief. Nothing to see here!

Buelligan

Quote from: bgmnts on January 24, 2022, 04:09:21 PMAnd get beaten down and murdered by that same police force?

I think first step is for people to talk openly about what cunts they are.  There's an embarrassment of material. 

Do it at any opportunity.  Change the culture, stop them hiding behind their good old boy thin-blue-line-public-service badge.  Once you've got them there, you can get them.

Ferris

It is mad though. How do you reconcile it?

Here's an apology and some compensation for the wrong thing we did. That said, we didn't do anything wrong and no one involved will be disciplined.

There's also the astonishing fact it took nine years to pursue and get an apology. How many other people would just give up? I would.

Bernice

Yeah this is truly disgusting. Nine years to get justice from these fucking pigs, and no heads yet rolled. Not that it would make a great difference I would think, but a faint whiff of accountability might be a tiny step towards institutional change, y'know.

Buelligan

And it's histories like that that show us all, openly, exactly how many apples are rotten.  Even now, after all those years, all that money, all that pain, not one single officer has been disciplined.

You know, think about those comments, about her underwear, her smell, her body.  How would you feel if you knew any of those people were dealing with the rape of someone you love?  If those events took place in any other context, they'd be criminal.  They are criminal.

Paul Calf

QuoteOfficers had claimed they had acted with professionalism,, strip-searching her for her own safety because she would not give them her name.

I mean, that's quite a statement to make.

Buelligan

And it's important to bear in mind what started their attack on this woman.  How she earned that sexual assualt.

She offered a 15 year old who was being stop and searched a know your rights card.

And what that says.  It says DO NOT DARE TO STEP OUT OF LINE OR THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU.

And that is why everyone needs to shout about it.

imitationleather

It's a really shocking story. The entire thing is absolutely disgusting. It's getting to the point where if you hear someone is in the police you immediately wonder which out of sexist, racist, xenophobic and homophobic they have on the bigotry bingo card.

Cuellar

Quote from: shoulders on January 24, 2022, 03:46:23 PMPolicing can only happen by consent. London should rise up and say we no longer recognise your authority as our police force.

"You have no authority here, Metropolitan Police, no authority at all"

😂

shoulders

Quote from: imitationleather on January 24, 2022, 04:38:55 PMIt's a really shocking story. The entire thing is absolutely disgusting. It's getting to the point where if you hear someone is in the police you immediately wonder which out of sexist, racist, xenophobic and homophobic they have on the bigotry bingo card.

And violent, prurient, dishonest

shoulders

Quote from: bgmnts on January 24, 2022, 04:09:21 PMAnd get beaten down and murdered by that same police force?

That's already happening, just not to you specifically right now.

Ferris

Quote from: Crenners on January 24, 2022, 04:50:46 PMWe should call the police on the police

To be fair, in this instance the police was called on the police - plod investigated and found everything was absolutely fine.

The Frank Butcher

I wonder if it's explicit that the police watchdog and other tiers of 'oversight' will protect them as it generally does, unless the odd officer can be a bloodletting over some stolen jaffa cakes etc; or do the officers just quietly observe their professional safety or yap about it in the changing rooms. The likes of Wayne Couzens have a professionally nurtured sense of impunity rather than a cartoonish Sun reader-friendly dose of 'pure evil'. Cousin Wayne was just a bit of a maverick about how he worked with it.

I've been in a recorded interview myself, where fabricated 'email excerpts' were read back to me as mine. Having been in a cell with a light on I hadn't slept and only really came to my senses a few days later, realising how Life on Mars the experience had been. One moment this seemed chilling enough on Twitter or The Guardian's site and then the mentality and the solidity of their machinations were very frighteningly real.

I was using an online dating site where a woman ended her profile text by saying a disproportionate number of police officers had contacted her and that it unnerved her - maybe not using those should be part of an oath or something, it's a bit of a weird power imbalance scenario at the very least. I read that profile three days before Sarah Everard was murdered. The profile was gone less than a fortnight later, when her avatar had been familiar for a couple of years. I developed 'extremely high blood pressure' during the arrest period and was taken to A&E with 'risk of cardiac arrest'. One of the officers started chatting to me in the hospital and was very chippy about relationships and family life, at 25. Three hour wait, got to chat shit about something haven't you.

And the bad apple idea must be right out the window by now [Byline Times and Guardian links]:

https://tinyurl.com/hhnj25bm

https://tinyurl.com/224mbk4j

Fambo Number Mive

So no grounds for arrest, no grounds for a strip search, and they are happy to be recorded making derogatory remarks. It's clear the officers in the video did not fear any comebacks whatsoever. One wonder how many other police stations are full of officers like these.

This has been mentioned already I think, but how did the panel find it remotely acceptable that she was strip searched because they did not know the person's name?

There seems to be very little oversight of the police, in the past you would have Labour MPs raising police corruption and misconduct issues in the House of Commons but not sure if the party is trying to discourage that under bossy cop.

Fambo Number Mive

In other news of police misconduct, the second series of the Unfinished podcast entitled "Shoebury's Lost Boys" looks at how Essex Police tried to keep secret documents regarding a paedophile ring in Shoebury and the police's response.

QuoteIn 1989, I learned, several Southend youth charities had stumbled upon the existence of a large paedophile ring. Two men were charged with offences carrying a minimum sentence of around 15 years but a maximum of life. But when the charity workers began receiving disturbing disclosures from the child victims — stories about corrupt police officers, dodgy social workers and other predators in positions of power — the investigation took a series of sinister turns. Evidence went missing. Good leads weren't followed up. Many professionals working with the victims reported threatening or intimidating behaviour by police officers. Then the two ringleaders were inexplicably gifted an extremely generous plea deal and none of the other abusers were pursued.
My attempts to scrutinise the official records of the case proved impossible. Essex Police said it had destroyed all its paperwork. The Essex court system said its records of the case had vanished from the archive. Essex Council fought hard against my attempts to obtain some paperwork, and claimed other bits were simply missing...

https://medium.com/behind-local-news-uk/how-i-uncovered-shocking-failings-in-the-case-of-shoeburys-lost-boys-b75e0ff0b22

You can hear the podcast on Spotify and Audioboom (https://audioboom.com/channels/4977302), trigger warning it deals with reports of sexual abuse of children.

bgmnts

Quote from: imitationleather on January 24, 2022, 04:38:55 PMIt's a really shocking story. The entire thing is absolutely disgusting. It's getting to the point where if you hear someone is in the police you immediately wonder which out of sexist, racist, xenophobic and homophobic they have on the bigotry bingo card.

Yeah the definition of ACAB is starting to go from "the institution of policing makes it impossible to a good police officer" to  "most police actually are personal scumbags".

It's as if the police want us to know how shit they are or are just descending into shittiness because why not?

It would be nice if we had a purely plebeian court or disciplinary system. Like some kind of Tribune of the Plebs type thing but modern and to punish these cunts.

You want to abuse your power in the community? You will be judged by the community.