Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:33:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Best scambaiter ever?

Started by Pinball, February 09, 2022, 05:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Quote from: canadagoose on February 18, 2022, 03:53:43 PMI never used to like Kitboga's stuff because I was watching the unedited streams, and I got irritated with how he constantly interrupted himself by thanking the people giving him bits and donations etc. I remember the first twenty minutes of one was just that sort of thing, on and on and on. His YouTube videos are much better, to be honest.

His Twitch streams always start with a chat with his followers. Usually best to skip to 45-60 minutes in for the calls to start (if you're watching on demand) and from then on he pretty much goes uninterrupted.

Pinball

New one from Rinoa Poison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpNu3P9D5MI

Nice bit of baiting of the criminal bastards :-)

Pinball

Replies From View

This is a lovely new development in scammer disruption, because the scammers don't know it's happening, and they're left in the dark while their victims laugh at them and hang up.

It's so very simple - a voice changer is applied to the scammer's voice so that they sound like a chipmunk.  It frustrates the scammers but on a level where they can't actually fix what is happening because they're clueless about the issue.

Here's a playlist of all the videos so far.  They're endlessly watchable.  I don't think I'll ever tire of the chipmunk but there's variation with the later videos as deeper voice pitches are brought in:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxMhi_LeBhYSe1S_hEtQy9g2rQfd-KCXP

Some highlights for me include one victim thinking that a child has suddenly been put on the phone:  "is your dad there?"  And another victim saying she can't understand the scammer's voice, and the oblivious scammer assuming it's to do with his accent.

Fambo Number Mive

I don't understand how they did this.

Replies From View

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 26, 2022, 06:12:58 PMI don't understand how they did this.

I think the exact details are kept secret to preserve their ability to keep doing it, however here's a video that Jim Browning released around the same time (and in the video description you'll find links to the other people involved in this and similar projects):

Replies From View

Replies From View

These continue to be fantastic.  Some great comedy timing in this one with the victim thinking she's speaking to a man and a woman:

Replies From View

I absolutely love the dual realities thing that's going on.  The scammer is oblivious to what the victim is complaining about, and it leads to some incredible miscommunications.

I don't like when the scammer they take the piss out of is someone from the third world.

Paul Calf

Quote from: curiousoranges on August 19, 2022, 07:38:10 AMI don't like when the scammer criminal who chose to gaslight and steal money from vulnerable people who they take the piss out of is someone from the third world a developing country.

Paul Calf

I mean, describing India as 'the third world' is far more tone deaf than having a pop at some criminals.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Replies From View on August 18, 2022, 11:07:01 PMThese continue to be fantastic.  Some great comedy timing in this one with the victim thinking she's speaking to a man and a woman:

I loved the "What the fuck...was that all about?"

Vodkafone

I hadn't seen this thread before. I really enjoyed the first Rinoa Poison one, partly because it reminds me of so many work calls I've made where I'm patiently trying to explain something to the other person in order to help them, and they continually interrupt thereby making it impossible to help them. And I can't call them a motherfucker. So the thought of this happening to someone who is trying to rip the caller off is very entertaining. Welcome to my world, banchod.

Replies From View

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 19, 2022, 07:53:27 AMI mean, describing India as 'the third world' is far more tone deaf than having a pop at some criminals.

It's also a completely stupid take on what's going on.  In the videos we're sharing, the scammers are not even being characterised as Indian.  They just happen to be from India and - guess what - most people in India hate these criminals because they give India a bad name.

There are shitty scambaiters out there who do unkind mock Indian accents and pull out the Hindu swearing, characterise these criminals as "Indian" and are in all regards quite unpleasant.  But such scambaiters are irrelevant to this thread, and anyone bumbling in here to comment without exploring the content properly is being overly simplistic and reductive themselves with regard to race.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Vodkafone on August 19, 2022, 08:28:16 AMI hadn't seen this thread before. I really enjoyed the first Rinoa Poison one, partly because it reminds me of so many work calls I've made where I'm patiently trying to explain something to the other person in order to help them, and they continually interrupt thereby making it impossible to help them. And I can't call them a motherfucker. So the thought of this happening to someone who is trying to rip the caller off is very entertaining. Welcome to my world, banchod.

I know you probably pride yourself on your encyclopaedic knowledge of Hindi street curses, but I regret to inform you that you have transcribed 'bahinchod' (a transliteration of बहनचोद - 'sisterfucker') incorrectly.

Just in case you needed to gravely insult any Hindi speakers.

Paul Calf

And I don't know which system Google Translate uses but they're wrong too.'Bahanachod'? I ask you...

Vodkafone

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 19, 2022, 08:46:59 AMI know you probably pride yourself on your encyclopaedic knowledge of Hindi street curses, but I regret to inform you that you have transcribed 'bahinchod' (a transliteration of बहनचोद - 'sisterfucker') incorrectly.

Just in case you needed to gravely insult any Hindi speakers.

I'm pretty sure it's spelled banchod in The Year of the Runaways by Sunjeev Sahota, although I could be wrong. In that, it is referred to as Panjabi and not Hindi - makes me wonder what the Urdu for sister-fucker is. I'll go ask my neighbour, NO WAIT

Replies From View

Ah yes, The Railway Children it's called over here.

Replies From View

This scambaiter is quite new to me, and after a few videos I'm enjoying his work a lot.  Some aspects of his approach will remind you of kitboga and others, but he is completely unique and there is a darker, slower and more surreal humour running through it.  This one is fantastic:

From about 57 minutes to the end it gets completely ridiculous, but the scammer continues to stay engaged with the absurd reality of it all.  I don't bother watching the animation, just listening to the audio.

Replies From View

This is all great progress:

What's happening here is usage of AI to simply extract bank account information from scammers so that these accounts can be shut down.  It's something kitboga tries to do as part of his usual character improvisations, but the focus of those is primarily to keep the scammers on the phone for as long as possible and waste their time whilst being entertaining.

This AI project is about getting bank information as quickly as possible, and automatically.  It still requires active monitoring and intervention from kitboga as you can see in this video, but it's getting a lot better with each update.