Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:43:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Covid inquiries thread

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 10, 2022, 04:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

The terms of the UK-wide inquiry, which will be led by High Court judge Baroness Hallett, have now been published, according to the BBC:

QuoteThe draft terms of reference for the UK public inquiry into the government's handling of the Covid-19 pandemic have been published.

It will look at preparedness, the public health response, the health and care sector response and the economic response, the Cabinet Office said.

There is also a seperate inquiry in Scotland, led by Judge Lady Poole.

QuoteThe review will look at the Scottish government's actions throughout the pandemic, from introducing lockdown to the delivery of testing and vaccines.

It will also focus on infection control in care homes, including the transfer of patients from hospitals.

Whether anything will come out of either inquiry I don't know, but I think most of us agree that the response of the UK government to the pandemic was appalling and corrupt. The response of the Scottish government seems a bit more sensible from news reports but as someone who has never been to Scotland I don't know much more than that.