Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:58:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Covid - New surge

Started by shoulders, March 11, 2022, 09:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

71,000 cases yesterday and hospitalisations up 1,000 on the same point last week.

An-arr-chyyyy

Is this the more transmissible Omicron sub-variant doing the damage?

Fambo Number Mive

On the dashboard it says this:

Quote10 March 2022 An additional 13,774 historic cases have been included in today's cumulative case total for Scotland. These are positive rapid lateral flow test (LFD) results that were reported via the Scottish Government LFD Portal between 6 January 2022 and today.

This affects the Scotland and UK cumulative totals.

Would this partly explain the massive rise in cases? Doesn't explain the rise in hospitalisations though.

olliebean

Yeah but the actual number of infections is estimated to be like 5x higher anyway.

Pinball

Doesn't help that the government don't bother reporting daily figures now.

Alberon

I think it's largely the effect of the end of all restrictions and I think there always was talk of another possible peak in the summer as well.

Abroad it seems Hong Kong has seen Omicron go out of control. There are scenes in there reminiscent of Italy back at the start.

Fambo Number Mive

I do admire China for sticking to their zero covid policy. I've noticed how annoyed certain Western media outlets are getting about this, they want China to go full OPEN THE PUBS like much of the rest of the world so their countries efforts at containing the pandemic don't look so bad.

Pinball

It was dumb to end all restrictions so soon. Now we have another outbreak. People have been catching it at work as 'Normal Now'. No it isn't.

Malcy

I knew a handful of people who had it since it started. In the ast month or so it seems like ever day someone i know is getting it.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Here in Austria with manic testing capacity (about 7% of the population a day is tested) we are around 45,000 new cases a day (on population of 9m).

One-third of my department has had it now. I know quite a few people who have had it twice now.

My children have all been quarantined  at least 3 times at Kindergarten.

Cuellar

Brian Freeze

I'm part of the surge. Bollocks. Kids negative, just waiting to test Mrs F.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Brian Freeze on March 13, 2022, 09:09:57 AMI'm part of the surge. Bollocks. Kids negative, just waiting to test Mrs F.

Hope you feel better soon and that Mrs F is negative.

Glebe

Yeah fingers crossed BF.

Brian Freeze

Cheers dudes, Mrs F negative today.
Long may it continue!

MojoJojo

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 11, 2022, 09:37:45 AMOn the dashboard it says this:

Would this partly explain the massive rise in cases? Doesn't explain the rise in hospitalisations though.

There's no lag between the rise in cases and the rise in hospitalisations, which along with the death rate not changing much, suggests that people aren't being hospitalised by covid. Just that more people going into hospital happen to have it because more people have it in general.

Cuellar

Brother came to visit us today, he got home and did a test

positive

Thanks mate

😂😂😂

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Your boy Skelly just tested positive! Now what do I do?!

Alberon

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on March 15, 2022, 04:24:23 PMYour boy Skelly just tested positive! Now what do I do?!

Jumping on the bandwagon. Typical!

checkoutgirl

On Saturday I went to a restaurant, a cinema room with 70 people and a nightclub with a couple of hundred people all sweaty and dancing together while inches apart, not a mask in sight.

Shite.

On the plus side Dublin isn't cheap so I won't be able to afford to go out again until summer 2025.

Cuellar

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on March 15, 2022, 04:24:23 PMYour boy Skelly just tested positive! Now what do I do?!

Die in 6-10 days I think.

Nah only joking, only joking. Hope you're well x

olliebean

Housemate tested positive for the first time this morning. I'm still negative so far. She's holed up in her room (I'm leaving her food outside the door), so there's a chance I may avoid it. The fatigue is hitting her really hard, although that seems to be the only symptom she's got.

Dr Trouser

I think we're single handedly responsible for the Scottish surge.  Kids ok, Mrs T over it, I am now flattened.

I haven't been in to work or town for a good few weeks so I guess it came from a primary school, either the kids or Mrs T's (she's 11 years old a teacher)

Fambo Number Mive

Hope you feel better soon Dr Trouser.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Cuellar on March 15, 2022, 08:18:19 PMDie in 6-10 days I think.

Nah only joking, only joking. Hope you're well x

Ha! thanks - feel like I've been slapped by a bus and my PCR home test turned up with the swab missing (they really don't want people testing!!) but a lot of sleep and an N64 so things could be worse.

Sebastian Cobb

Just realising after many reschedules I've got tickets to see Stiff Little Fingers tomorrow but really can't be fucked. I don't want to go anywhere anymore.

Either I forgot to book, or did book (can't seem to find it in my emails) tickets for Stewart Lee and they passed me by this week as well... Oh well, wouldn't have gone anyway. I still have a ticket for Wolverhampton in a couple of months, after the first date sold out here, maybe I can not go to that one too.

Daniel

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 16, 2022, 04:28:32 PMEither I forgot to book, or did book (can't seem to find it in my emails) tickets for Stewart Lee and they passed me by this week as well... Oh well, wouldn't have gone anyway. I still have a ticket for Wolverhampton in a couple of months, after the first date sold out here, maybe I can not go to that one too.

Glinner would be proud!

justin_bennett

Just tested positive earlier on, have felt like total shit all day but tested negative this morning. Apologies to anyone sat near me at Stewart Lee last night.

Fuck, managed to avoid the fucker for a full 2 years...

olliebean

Housemate says she feels OK as long as she lies down and does nothing, but even the slightest effort tires her out and makes her heart race.

Me: still negative. Feeling normal, but can't help thinking I've probably already got it and it just isn't showing up on the tests yet.

poo

Fucking everywhere here. No fun without the lockdown though is it.