Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:12:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Becoming one of those people that drink herbal infusions

Started by itsfredtitmus, March 25, 2022, 12:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

nowadays i drink clear, untainted hot water.

no flavour for me. i'm a wretch!

Bence Fekete

Can anyone cure me of my crippling fear of microplastics in industrially manufactured teabags?

I was gifted one of those herbal pick 'n mix packs but then I read something about them microplastics and I can't bring myself to enjoy any of them. This is odd given I don't seem to have any problem with my standard Sainsburys and Twinings brands.
For some reason they just don't give me the microplastics heebies the same way. But maybe they should?

All I can do is visualise the tiny flecks of synthetic polymers boiling and vibrating and travelling through my kidneys, up my nervous system and into my brain. I feel like I'm being invisibly climate changed and it isn't helping me relax.

itsfredtitmus

is buying a tea strainer and cracking the bags open a thing and brewing it that way something you could do?

JaDanketies

Quote from: Bence Fekete on June 23, 2022, 09:12:02 AMCan anyone cure me of my crippling fear of microplastics in industrially manufactured teabags?

You already consume up to a credit card's worth every week, largely through drinking water and especially eating shellfish. Notable that the WWF still does not have the balls to recommend not eating shellfish, despite it being an easy way to reduce your impact on the environment, just like was pointed out about multinational charities on that documentary Seaspiracy.

PG Tips have a new teabag out that is '100% biodegradable'.

Bence Fekete

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on June 23, 2022, 09:42:26 PMis buying a tea strainer and cracking the bags open a thing and brewing it that way something you could do?

CHRIST, of course. yes I could just split the buggers open and sieve the contents with my weed strainer like a normal person. gracias!

Quote from: JaDanketies on June 24, 2022, 12:25:36 AMYou already consume up to a credit card's worth every week, largely through drinking water

Couldn't this be mitigated by proper water filtration? i.e. if you save up enough plastic for 19 credit cards and then the system pays for itself?

itsfredtitmus

Oh wow spearmint is great and my new favorite!
I've been dipping cotton facewipes into it and rubbing it on face and it's done wonders to stop breakouts even more than acne medication

thing I discovered recently: spring water takes away all the harshness and bitterness from green tea

Oh god I've becoming one of those audophiles that have all their record player amp wires soldiered to the floor but for green tea which I didn't even like a while back - ill be preheating the cup soon for whatever reason those green tea aficionados that have get-up confusing infusers do soon.

hermitical

Quote from: Bence Fekete on June 23, 2022, 09:12:02 AMCan anyone cure me of my crippling fear of microplastics in industrially manufactured teabags?

I was gifted one of those herbal pick 'n mix packs but then I read something about them microplastics and I can't bring myself to enjoy any of them. This is odd given I don't seem to have any problem with my standard Sainsburys and Twinings brands.
For some reason they just don't give me the microplastics heebies the same way. But maybe they should?

All I can do is visualise the tiny flecks of synthetic polymers boiling and vibrating and travelling through my kidneys, up my nervous system and into my brain. I feel like I'm being invisibly climate changed and it isn't helping me relax.

I don't know which brand you were gifted but I know the main brand we make tea for (Pukka) don't use plastic in their teabags.The only plastic in their packaging is, afaik, a very thin layer on the envelope that the teabag comes in, but it is so thin that it can go in the paper recycling.

Midas

Drinking Peppermint tea again to wean myself off the black stuff.

_!_Pll_P_Pant_Po_Po_Ps_Pie_Pn_Ped_Prinking_Peppermint_Pea_Pntil_P_Pxpire_!_

It's great!

Zero Gravitas

Switch to Pu'er and redirect all of your anxieties towards heavy metal poisoning.

Actually thinking about it, in all probability don't need to switch.

Midas

Used to drink something like 8 cups of black tea a day during the murky period of 2019. Managed to cut it down to 2 cups per week... but gradually I noticed it'd risen back up to 2 a day. No more!

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Midas on August 05, 2022, 01:57:47 AMUsed to drink something like 8 cups of black tea a day during the murky period of 2019. Managed to cut it down to 2 cups per week... but gradually I noticed it'd risen back up to 2 a day. No more!
lots of pisses!

itsfredtitmus

Black teas really good for warding off iron deficiency! Try it if you don't believe me hehe

Midas

the pissing was relentless

the bladder is not to be toyed with

Midas

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on August 05, 2022, 02:45:29 AMBlack teas really good for warding off iron deficiency! Try it if you don't believe me hehe

is this a death threat

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Midas on August 05, 2022, 03:01:06 AMis this a death threat
if youre taking any life saving medication i HIGHLY advise you take it with a cup of black tea that's been brewed for 24 hours!

Sarge

My wifes uncle quit his job because the pharmaceutical company he did research for refused to fund his interest in the benefits of drinking green tea-he says it is very very good for you so there

Sarge

Big tablet people not keen on cheap stuff that actually helps people-his theory has since been proven correct however and he is a very clever man