Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:05:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial

Started by Barry Admin, April 13, 2022, 06:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: druss on May 09, 2022, 09:30:55 AMHe was/is a drug addict/alcoholic so it seems likely that he was very difficult to live with.

However, Heard seemed to spend most of their relationship making recordings of his every action so it seems strange that despite making the Johnny Depp version of The Truman Show that she never once caught him being physically

Yeah this second paragraph is exactly why I'm confused. The guy is seemingly a victim of domestic abuse with drug problems. The level of callousness towards him seems very odd to me.

Dr Rock

Amber Heard drank two bottles of red wine a day, but that doesn't seem to a problem.

So the jurors have a week off, they're not sequestered. In this day and age, how many are going to not do as they are told an go on the internet where there's a lot of evidence that's not being presented, like an Australian tape taken immediately after Johnny's finger was severed where she says 'I didn't do it on purpose.. I never meant to hurt him'?

GoblinAhFuckScary

Whole thing is pretty fucking diabolical. Really bothered by IRL friends treating this like a soap opera.

Mobius

My partner absolutely will not shut the fuck up about this shit. Every day.

Ferris

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 09, 2022, 10:56:26 AMAmber Heard drank two bottles of red wine a day, but that doesn't seem to a problem.

First humanizing thing I've read about the pair of them.

It's mad, this. Why are they doing this to themselves and each other? Delighted to have largely avoided it tbh.

Zetetic

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on May 10, 2022, 12:12:27 AMReally bothered by IRL friends treating this like a soap opera.
The production costs must be much higher for one thing.

Mister Six

Quote from: Ferris on May 10, 2022, 12:20:01 AMFirst humanizing thing I've read about the pair of them.

It's mad, this. Why are they doing this to themselves and each other? Delighted to have largely avoided it tbh.

I suppose he might see it as a last chance at clawing his career back. She's the defendant, so she doesn't have much choice.

bgmnts

Quote from: Mister Six on May 10, 2022, 12:40:21 AMI suppose he might see it as a last chance at clawing his career back. She's the defendant, so she doesn't have much choice.

Or, maybe on a less cynical note, not wanting to suffer the ignominy of being seen as a domestic abuser by the person who abused him?

That would make me want to take someone to court to be honest.

Mister Six

Yeah, I didn't instinctively take a side on the abuse thing because I've not really been paying enough attention, but that seems entirely possible.

bgmnts

That's fair. The career thing is probably part of it, I read somewhere that you can only claim defamation if it has affected you financially, but that could be bollocks.

H-O-W-L

She seems like a fucking dreadful person and he seems like a drunken/drugged out tit. I'd err on Heard being the ur-cunt because she was clearly pretty methodical about baiting him and provoking him and capturing the results of her provocation. This being a massive fuckoff media showfest is absolutely insane and just awful. Sick of 'earin' about it at this point to be honest. Doesn't matter to me whose name gets cleared, if either of them. Both have shat the bed to me.

Zetetic

Quote from: bgmnts on May 10, 2022, 01:17:14 AMOr, maybe on a less cynical note, not wanting to suffer the ignominy of being seen as a domestic abuser by the person who abused him?

That would make me want to take someone to court to be honest.
Although you might then pause for 30 seconds and wonder whether a courtcase is capable, at all, of dispelling this ignominy.

The Ombudsman

Quote from: Zetetic on May 10, 2022, 07:15:24 AMAlthough you might then pause for 30 seconds and wonder whether a courtcase is capable, at all, of dispelling this ignominy.

At this point in time, he doesn't have anything more to loose really or any other recourse. Yes there is the financial aspect, however I think he is more concerned that his obits will not all be saying he was a wife beater. Plus, I think he probably would like a few more acting roles, although likely far less glamourous than ones he's been used to  playing. I think he is a good actor, his portrayal of Hunter S Thompson was incredible and you can see the amount of work he put in to live that character (some say too much).

So for him, I think it's all about his dignity and the possibility of continuing in some capacity to do what he loves.

I've said before, I'm not a huge Depp fan and think it was a toxic relationship from the start, but I've seen or heard nothing from Heards team that have given me any pause for thought.

Pimhole

Quote from: bgmnts on May 09, 2022, 10:38:16 AMThe level of callousness towards him seems very odd to me.

TikTok 'reaction' videos to Heard's recounting of a rape.

https://twitter.com/mwkcaroline/status/1523099196932468737
https://twitter.com/zatannazatxra/status/1523066026564341760

This went viral the other day. The idea was to react to a clip of her testimony as if it was hot and she should have enjoyed it. At this point, the veracity of her testimony is so far from the point.

All this ghoulish gleeful rubbernecking is going to make a fascinating study some day. People have lost their entire minds. A humanity-free zone.

bgmnts

Quote from: Pimhole on May 10, 2022, 09:29:41 AMTikTok 'reaction' videos to Heard's recounting of a rape.

This went viral the other day. The idea was to react to a clip of her testimony as if it was hot and she should have enjoyed it. At this point, the veracity of her testimony is so far from the point.

All this ghoulish gleeful rubbernecking is going to make a fascinating study some day. People have lost their entire minds. A humanity-free zone.

I presume this is more of a reaction to the fact that Heard is most likely - in my opinion - outright lying, and so making light of it?

Pimhole

So a narcissistic drug addict sexually assaulting someone is beyond belief? Okay, but as I said, I'm not interested in whether it is true or not. You do not react to someone talking about a rape as if it was hot and she should have enjoyed it EVEN IF they're lying.

As someone mentioned upthread, this case is an MRA's wet dream and I don't know how we come back from this. Mocking rape testimony. It's legitimately terrifying.

AllisonSays

Quote from: Pimhole on May 10, 2022, 09:50:37 AMSo a narcissistic drug addict sexually assaulting someone is beyond belief? Okay, but as I said, I'm not interested in whether it is true or not. You do not react to someone talking about a rape as if it was hot and she should have enjoyed it EVEN IF they're lying.

As someone mentioned upthread, this case is an MRA's wet dream and I don't know how we come back from this. Mocking rape testimony. It's legitimately terrifying.

Totally agree. This may have been covered already, but why is the whole case being filmed and streamed on YouTube? Could the same thing be done for a similar case involving non-slebs? Is the only reason it's being done prurience and voyeurism? It all just seems really fucked up to me.

bgmnts

Quote from: Pimhole on May 10, 2022, 09:50:37 AMSo a narcissistic drug addict sexually assaulting someone is beyond belief?

Well obviously not, as Heard - allegedly a narcissistic drug abuser - has been caught on tape abusing Depp and mocking him, assuring herself nobody would believe him because he's a bloke. But in THIS case it seems very unlikely to me.

And it's shit because there are millions of women being raped and/or abused in relationships. I'm sure half our fucking mums were, I know mine was. But this has to be done on a case by case individual basis.

The Ombudsman

Quote from: Pimhole on May 10, 2022, 09:50:37 AMSo a narcissistic drug addict sexually assaulting someone is beyond belief? Okay, but as I said, I'm not interested in whether it is true or not. You do not react to someone talking about a rape as if it was hot and she should have enjoyed it EVEN IF they're lying.

Reaction videos like those to the testimony is crass and I'd not want to watch them. I've only watched the case as streamed online and made up my own mind.

This case does fit well into the hands of the MRA cunts, however that very unfortunate side effect shouldn't prevent this or other cases like this being heard.

Pinball

It's an appalling circus, but I guess Depp wants to reverse his being cancelled following Heard's allegedly false accusations, which seems fair enough. All very damaging to both of them, but no other way of doing it, I suppose.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: bgmnts on May 10, 2022, 01:39:44 AMThat's fair. The career thing is probably part of it, I read somewhere that you can only claim defamation if it has affected you financially, but that could be bollocks.

Think it just has to be a credible statement to qualify as defamation, the financial part would probably be more of a damage determination fact.

I think Alex Jones claimed his statements about Sandy Hook Massacre were not credible because he is a clown.

Lord Mandrake

Cross examination of Amber Heard happening now and Depp's lawyer came shit hot out of the gate.

Martin Van Buren Stan

She doesn't sound cross to me. Very matter of fact and to the point, but she doesn't seem angry

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 16, 2022, 09:14:32 PMShe doesn't sound cross to me. Very matter of fact and to the point, but she doesn't seem angry

Curt examination of Ms heard.

Kankurette

ANOTHER fucking Depp trial video on my YouTube feed. Even though I've never watched it and don't want to. Piss off, Johnny and your legal team.

Kankurette

I looked at the comments on the video and wish I hadn't. It's full of MRAs and pick me's.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on May 16, 2022, 09:18:57 PMCurt examination of Ms heard.

I don't think that was her name actually, can someone confirm this?

Pink Gregory

Even if Depp is a genuine victim of domestic abuse, the publicity of this trial and whatever ruling it ends with is going to result in more than one woman being killed by their partner.

Thursday

I feel quite confident he's initiated any abuse at this point, things she's done were in retaliation to him.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Pimhole on May 10, 2022, 09:29:41 AMTikTok 'reaction' videos to Heard's recounting of a rape.

I was going to say I was surprised that the vast majority of those videos appear to be from women. There's a bafflingly large and dedicated "hybristophilia" community online and nearly all of them are female in my experience.

ETA I just watched some of the videos. What a bunch of fruitcakes. Putting their own faces to that shit.

The only mitigating factor I could imagine is that those girls are being self deprecating. They're making fun of their own effed up fetishes and casting themselves as the weirdos. Obviously it's disgusting to use a(n allegedly) real rape victim for such a joke though.

Funnily enough this reminds me of a Chris Morris bit that disgusted me recently. Relistening to the Music Shows and he took a clip of a child victim of abuse talking about her experiences and repeatedly played it, making light of it. Honestly that absolutely infuriated me and I can't believe he got away with it.